UC Berkeley | Programmer | Berkeley, CA | REMOTE OK | FULL-TIME or PART-TIME | https://r-nimble.org
The NIMBLE software development team at UC Berkeley is looking for a programmer to help develop the core features of the NIMBLE platform (r-nimble.org). NIMBLE is a hierarchical statistical modeling package for methods such as Markov chain Monte Carlo, particle filtering, and Laplace approximation that are used in many fields of application, including environmental science, public health, education, and others. NIMBLE uses R and C++, including a compilation system that generates C++ from R. This position will contribute to programming in R and C++ to improve and extend NIMBLE’s features.
The position is for a period of up to one year. Please see https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF02822 for more details and to apply. Applications by February 19 will receive full consideration.
Genesis Therapeutics | Burlingame, CA | Onsite (Flexible WFH) | Full-time | https://www.genesistherapeutics.ai
We’re a hybrid AI + biotech start-up, developing novel graph neural networks to predict molecular properties and using them to accelerate the development of new medicines.
We're looking for a strong infrastructure engineer, who will take over the lead responsibility for scaling our model training infrastructure within Google Cloud Platform as well as developing our own physical colocated cluster.
Also looking for great software engineers and ML researchers with an interest in drug discovery -- no biology or chemistry experience required.
- Recently raised $52M Series A led by Rock Springs Capital, Andreessen Horowitz participating: https://techcrunch.com/2020/12/02/genesis-therapeutics-raise...
- Recently announced a multi-target drug discovery partnership with Genentech: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201019005182/en/Gen...
- We currently have a small team of excellent ML + software engineers: graduates from Stanford, UC Berkeley, MIT. Previously worked at Facebook, Google, Dropbox, Memsql, Jane Street
- In addition to strong software + ML talent, our small team has top drug discovery chemists who have collectively discovered several FDA-approved drugs before
Here are our open roles:
- Lead Infrastructure Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/genesistherapeutics/cbf4ca99-2afb-4d23...
- AI Engineer (Research Scientist): https://jobs.lever.co/genesistherapeutics/c1b7564f-181b-4e45...
- Software Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/genesistherapeutics/e76a97f1-1157-4bb7...
Interview process: 1-2 one-hour technical phone screens, 1 day on-site (now virtual) with 3 one-hour technical questions. All these include extra time to chat, answer your questions about Genesis, and meet us. Can go from first email to offer in a week or two
Tech Stack: python, C++, pytorch, postgres, docker, kubernetes, various computational chemistry libraries + tools
Please apply online, or email me if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kalepa | Senior Backend, Full-Stack, and Data Engineers | Head of Product | New York, NY (HQ) & Completely REMOTE| Full-time | VISA https://angel.co/company/kalepa
Every business on the planet needs insurance. In fact, nearly one trillion ($1T) dollars are spent globally each year on commercial insurance to protect businesses from losses due to fires, injuries, lawsuits, etc. However, commercial insurance is plagued with a big problem. Businesses and insurers don’t trust each other. This results in a lot of economic waste: Missed opportunities, mispricing, and mistakes. Everyone is worse off.
By combining cutting-edge data science and a proprietary learning engine in a delightful-to-use software platform, Kalepa is solving these problems and turning every underwriter into a top underwriter. There are many challenging technical problems to tackle as we continue to build and expand our software -- and a massive opportunity to transform an ancient industry that comprises 6% of world GDP.
Kalepa's team members bring experience from Facebook, Google, Amazon, ClassPass, Mastercard, MIT, Berkeley, UPenn, and the Israel Defense Forces.
Kalepa is backed by IA Ventures, lead early-stage investors in TheTradeDesk (IPO, $38B valuation), Datadog (IPO, $32B), TransferWise (last valued at $5B), DataRobot ($2.7B), Flatiron Health (acquired for $2B), and several other unicorns and public companies.