Genesis Therapeutics | Burlingame, CA | Onsite (Flexible WFH) | Full-time | https://www.genesistherapeutics.ai
We’re a hybrid AI + biotech start-up, developing novel neural networks to predict molecular properties and using them to accelerate the development of new medicines.
Looking for great software engineers and ML researchers with an interest in drug discovery -- no biology or chemistry experience required. We all learn from each other here.
- Recently announced a multi-target drug discovery partnership with Genentech: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201019005182/en/Gen...
- Recently raised $52M Series A led by Rock Springs Capital, Andreessen Horowitz participating: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201202005297/en/Gen...
- We currently have a small team of excellent AI + software engineers: graduates from Stanford, UC Berkeley, MIT. Previously worked at Facebook, Google, Dropbox, Memsql, Jane Street
- Core deep learning tech was invented by co-founder + CEO Evan Feinberg during his PhD at Stanford’s Pande lab (the lab that did Folding@Home). See the peer-reviewed PotentialNet paper: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acscentsci.8b00507
- Our platform was validated in collaboration with a top-five pharma company, in a public paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/1903.11789
- In addition to strong software + AI talent, our small team has top drug discovery chemists who have collectively discovered several FDA-approved drugs before
Here are our open roles:
- AI Engineer (Research Scientist): https://jobs.lever.co/genesistherapeutics/c1b7564f-181b-4e45...
- Infrastructure Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/genesistherapeutics/cbf4ca99-2afb-4d23...
- Software Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/genesistherapeutics/e76a97f1-1157-4bb7...
Interview process: 1-2 one-hour technical phone screens, 1 day on-site (now virtual) with 3 one-hour technical questions. All these include extra time to chat, answer your questions about Genesis, and meet us. Can go from first email to offer in a week or two
Tech Stack: python, C++, pytorch, postgres, docker, kubernetes, various computational chemistry libraries + tools
Please apply online, or email me if you have any questions: email@example.com
Kalepa | Senior Backend and Full-Stack Engineers | New York, NY & Completely REMOTE| Full-time | VISA https://angel.co/company/kalepa
Software engineers at Kalepa are solving interesting and challenging problems at the intersection of data engineering, distributed systems and microservices, and machine learning. You will be working across the stack, building intuitive and performant microservices, robust data pipelines, beautiful frontend apps, and everything in between. You will be working with a small team of full-stack, data, ML, and DevOps engineers working in a modern stack.
Kalepa is eliminating deadweight loss in commercial insurance underwriting. Kalepa's AI-powered Copilot enables underwriters to rapidly evaluate and optimally select risk. By analyzing trillions of points of structured and unstructured data, Copilot augments underwriters with insights and recommendations on every risk: is that business a family restaurant or a dive bar with a mechanical bull? Does that contractor have an excellent safety record and merits a better rate? Does that motel represent a sex trafficking and prostitution risk? Copilot answers such questions for underwriters in seconds through a battery of NLP and computer vision models on a massive, and fast growing, data set of businesses in the US.
Kalepa's team members bring experiences from Facebook, Google, Amazon, ClassPass, Atlassian, APT (acquired by Mastercard for $600M in 2015), MIT, Berkeley, UPenn, NYU, and the Israel Defense Forces. Kalepa's HQ is in New York City and we have team members around the globe. We are backed by IA Ventures, investors in Datadog, TheTradeDesk, Transferwise, Flatiron Health, and others.
Covariant (https://covariant.ai/) | Berkeley, CA (San Francisco Bay Area) | full-time | onsite (pre/post-COVID)
Since the first industrial robots were introduced in the 1960s, robots have automated countless dangerous, repetitive tasks, but they've only reached a fraction of their potential. Incapable of thinking on their own, they can only do pre-programmed tasks in tightly-controlled environments -- they can't understand, learn, or adapt. Covariant was founded in 2017 to change this.
Our vision is the Covariant Brain: universal AI that allows robots to see, reason, and act on the world around them. We’re bringing the Covariant Brain to commercial viability, starting with the industries that make, move, and store things in the physical world.
We’re always hiring for a variety of roles, but our current priorities are:
- Site Reliability Engineer: https://bit.ly/2OrhpSf
- Sr. Software Engineer: https://bit.ly/2OprXBq
- Sr. Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure: https://bit.ly/36qprEg
Experience in AI/ML/robotics is not required!
Bringing AI from laboratory research to success in the real world requires a team that represents that world -- a diversity of backgrounds, points of view, and experiences. Our common denominator: ambitious expectations, love of learning, and empathy for those around us. Curious? Read more about our company and our engineering culture! https://bit.ly/37U1rba
DrivenData Labs | Data Scientist and Software Engineer | Berkeley, CA / Boston, MA / Denver, CO | REMOTE currently, ONSITE likely | Full-time
We run online machine learning challenges with social impact, and we work directly with mission-driven organizations to drive change through data science and engineering. Since 2014 we’ve worked with more than 35 organizations across 50+ projects in areas like international development, health, education, research and conservation, and public services.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and to learn. We take the development of our team members very seriously and we value the priorities that we each have in our lives at work and outside of work. We like to tackle problems that matter as a team. We help each other develop clean, well-organized, well-documented code in service of correct and reproducible data science. We believe the work we do should positively impact people’s lives.
Our team writes and speaks often about reproducible data science and data ethics -- you may recognize our Cookiecutter Data Science project (https://drivendata.github.io/cookiecutter-data-science/) or the Deon data ethics checklist (https://deon.drivendata.org/).
Ultimately, we're a team of smart, passionate data scientists and engineers interested in doing good work for good reason. We're looking for more great people in Boston or the Bay area. We're excited to hear from you!