Preferred Networks | AI Researchers & Engineers | Tokyo | ONSITE, VISA, https://www.preferred-networks.jp/en/
We are a startup with ~200 members based in Tokyo, focusing on developing AI for Autonomous Driving, Robotics, and Bio-Healthcare. We love open source and are actively developing CuPy and the deep learning framework Chainer: https://github.com/cupy/cupy https://github.com/chainer/chainer Recently, we unveiled a personal robot system at CEATEC Japan 2018, exhibiting fully-autonomous tidying-up robots. https://www.preferred-networks.jp/en/news/pr20181015
We have one of the world’s largest private GPU clusters, with 1024 NVIDIA Tesla P100 and 512 V100 32Gb GPUs. Using our cluster we achieved the world record at that time of training on ImageNet in 15 minutes: https://www.preferred-networks.jp/en/news/pr20171110 Recently, we got the 2nd prize out of 454 teams in the Google AI Open Images - Object Detection Track challenge on Kaggle: https://www.preferred-networks.jp/en/news/pr20180907
We have a strong emphasis on research, and our technical advisors are Pieter Abbeel (UC Berkeley) and Takeo Igarashi (the University of Tokyo). We continuously publish at top conferences like ICRA, ICCV, CVPR, ICLR, ICML, NIPS, NAACL, CHI, UIST, etc. Learn more about our research activities here: https://www.preferred-networks.jp/en/activities
So far we have raised over $100 million from Toyota, FANUC, Hakuhodo DYHD, Hitachi, Mizuho Bank, Mitsui & Co, Chugai Pharmaceutical and Tokyo Electron.
We have a western-style working environment with attractive salaries and benefits in the heart of Tokyo. Ability to communicate in either English or Japanese is OK. We are looking for talented individuals with skills in various areas related to cutting-edge AI applications in many industries. Find out more, and apply for all positions here: https://www.preferred-networks.jp/en/jobs
Mapistry | Full Stack Developers, Account Executives, Digital Marketing Campaign Specialist | Berkeley, CA | Remote in US for Developers, Onsite for other roles
Mapistry is SaaS for environmental compliance. Customers include Fortune 100 companies in industries like trash/recycling, consumer products, food processing, mining, etc. We are a team of 18 and closed a $2.5M seed round lead by SaaStr.
Check out a complete job descriptions at https://www.mapistry.com/careers
Voleon Group | Senior Software Engineers or Senior Sysadmin / Linux DB SysAdmins | ONSITE Berkeley, California | https://www.voleon.com
Hedge fund co-founded in 2007 by two leading scientists, The Voleon Group combines an academic approach to research with an emphasis on scalability and risk management to deliver cutting-edge technology at the forefront of the finance industry. At Voleon, we approach investment management through the prism of machine learning, in which flexible statistical models are applied to the problem of financial prediction. Rather than having humans look at individual events within the marketplace, machine learning employs statistical algorithms capable of detecting persistent effects across large swaths of data.
Elevate Security | Berkeley, CA; Montreal, Quebec | FULL-TIME | ONSITE or REMOTE | Software Engineer & Senior Software Engineer & Data Platform Lead
Here at Elevate Security, we’re building the first-ever truly people-centric solution that’s focused on the human element as a core defense strategy for protecting organizations. By combining the powers of behavioral and data science, we are creating a world where every employee becomes an organization's strongest security advocate. We’re looking for exceptional and passionate people to help us build this future and redefine the burgeoning security landscape.
We are looking for 1) Senior Engineer who has had experience building projects from start to finish and can drive technical decisions and mentor other develops https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GLB8Qd3PdNLMZ4iO1ddYY4KI...
2) Full Stack dev who have some early experience doing full stack work and want to continue to grow and expand in their roles. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JD8gUFqY2RBPlesLNU2Y1srP...
3) Data Platform Lead - We’re looking for a phenomenal person to help design, build, and scale our data platform. You’ll be the go-to person for this area and its impact spans across the entire company. As this position is a cornerstone for what we’re building as a company, you’ll be a core contributor to our engineering team. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TTlWm-KadOBlK89cE2ycuneu...
Email me: email@example.com No Agencies
Extensible Energy | Data Scientist | Berkeley, CA | Full-time | ONSITE
We are a cleantech innovator developing amazing software to integrate more solar into the grid while saving commercial electricity customers money. Led by serial entrepreneurs with a track record of success in this field, we're growing -- and growth provides great opportunities for the right new team members. We are in need of a Data Scientist to build and evaluate models of energy production and usage in commercial buildings. This is a unique opportunity to become a core part of team of energy entrepreneurs. The Data Scientist's work will be integrated into a shipping commercial product.
- Research and develop statistical learning models, with an emphasis on timeseries forecasting - Collaborate with product manager, software engineers, and building engineer - Develop contacts with customers, partners, and public entities required to obtain rich data sources for model development - Maintain careful documentation of data sources, data validation, and modeling processes Qualifications
- Advanced degree in computer science, statistics, applied math, economics, engineering, or related field - Rigorous understanding of statistical modeling and timeseries forecasting - Several years practical experience with statistical languages, database programming, and data analysis (particularly machine learning, neural networks, and time-series analysis) - Extensive background in real-world statistical analysis - Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills (including thoughtful evaluation of how applicable and "good" a model is to a specific problem) - Enough machine learning experience to be dangerous - Real-world Python experience required - Knowledge and interest in energy and building modeling desirable
Intact Solutions | Multiple Positions | Berkeley, CA or Madison, WI | www.intact.design
We're building fully-automated finite element analysis for the web. Think of it like continuous integration, but for mechanical engineers. We're looking for folks with interest in computational physics/engineering and a passion for making complicated engineering problems understandable to users.
We are a spinoff of the University of Wisconsin, Madison, and much of our technical hurdles are in turning novel research into production code. To that end, we're looking to hire for three roles:
- Research Scientist/Engineer
- C++ Engineer
Full careers page here: https://www.intact-solutions.com/careers/
Feel free to reach out for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org