Benzinga | Detroit, MI | FULL-TIME | ONSITE & REMOTE A financial media company at our core, we're high-energy, focused on our users and our product. We reach over 2 million uniques and 214 million impressions / month.
Seeking people who love to code, design, move fast and get shit done: the hustlers of this world that know their stuff.
* Frontend Engineers (React, Redux, ES6)
* Backend / Ops Engineers (Go, Kubernetes, Java, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, ...)
* Designer (UI/UX for our applications, modern web presence and brand consistency)
Powerley | Multiple Positions | Royal Oak, MI | Full-time | http://www.powerley.com/
Powerley is connecting the smart grid to the smart home and building the next generation of home energy management.
Here are some of the things we do:
- Real-time energy use visualization and personalized feedback
- Energy signal disaggregation to understand of how individual appliances drive aggregate usage in the home
- Home automation and control using key smart home protocols (ZigBee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Thread)
- Identify problems with appliances before they occur
We're looking a number of different positions — including Android, iOS, & Web Developers, and Data Scientists — to help us build the platform that provides both the utility and the homeowner a new level of connectivity and intelligence.
If you have any questions feel free to send me a DM or apply at http://www.powerley.com/about/careers/
News articles about Powerley:
StockX | Detroit | Full-time ONSITE | https://stockx.com/jobs
From HR: "StockX is the world’s first 'stock market of things' for high-demand, limited edition sneakers, streetwear, watches, and handbags. Launching in 2016, our live marketplace allows users to anonymously buy and sell limited edition consumer products with stock market-like visibility."
From me: * Kanye West, Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube all visited our offices in the last month. That was fun, though unusual. Snoop took pictures with people. * We're well funded, growing fast. Just closed Detroit's largest VC round ($55mm from GV, Battery). * Engineering team is doubling to 120ish in the next 6 months. ...---... * Link above has some job descriptions and ways to apply. I'll throw some bullet points below for searchability. * Pretty please email me if you have serverless interest. Our edge team is doing cool stuff. You know what's cooler than a million invocations? A billion invocations.
* Clients: iOS with Swift + Android moving from Java to Kotlin + React/Redux on web * Edge/Serverless: Cloudflare (workers are coming!), AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambdas (Node), DynamoDB/Redis for caching * Backend: PHP/MySQL moving to Go microservices with Kubernetes, Redis, Postgres, other things * DevOps: AWS! Terraform! So many things! * Other: Really depends on the team. There's autonomy to try new things. What do you want to use?
Feel free to email me with general engineering questions israelvicars at stockx.com. There are some non-engineering jobs posted on our jobs portal. Ultimately, the jobs portal is a good way to apply.
Passenger AI | Toronto | $100-160K + 0.1-1.0% equity | Full-time Onsite
I’m the founder/CEO. In 2017 I moved from startups in SF to Volkswagen in Detroit to learn about the trillion $ industry we know will transform over the next decade. I left this past April to start Passenger AI which is building remote monitoring tools for robotaxi operations. In the past 7 months, we’ve raised from top-tier VCs, built up a team of 8 (Mozilla, Lyft, Pivotal etc.) and brought on some great customers.
We moved into a new office today with a garage so we can touch/feel our product everyday.
We’re hiring engineers for DevOps, Media Streaming and ML/CV. (https://angel.co/passenger-ai/jobs)
Email me at email@example.com if you want to learn more.
No recruitment-type services please.