SimplePay | Ruby on Rails Developers | Cape Town, South Africa | REMOTE
The story (skip this paragraph if you don't like stories in your job posts): I founded and continue to run this startup. Most of the team works from our office in South Africa. However, 6 months ago I moved to Singapore for work / personal reasons. I used to be quite averse to the idea of remote workers, but seeing as just about everyone will now be remote from my perspective, I decided it's a good time to start focusing on hiring for remote work. We’ve hired 3 remote developers so far and it’s been a great experience!
SimplePay is online payroll software for South Africa, Ireland, Singapore and Hong Kong. Our software lets thousands of small business owners (and their accountants) run their payrolls without headaches, so they can focus on the challenge of building their businesses.
Do you believe most SPAs are a pile of steaming crap, but wouldn't mind digging into Vue.js for pages that will benefit from the increased interactivity? Do you laugh when people give up the power of PostgreSQL in favour of data stores that don't offer any benefits for their use case? If so, you may fit in well with our mindset. The work will include: Doing direct integrations with banks that offer good APIs; Expanding our API for other systems to integrate with us; Adding new features; Optimising for performance; Integrating with government systems; Squashing bugs; Eventually, the opportunity to do some mobile development (maybe using Flutter).
Experience: Due to our full pipeline, we can only hire developers who have a few years of Rails experience at this time, or polyglots who at least know Ruby. Previous experience with remote work would be a bonus - we need people who understand the challenges and can share what they've learnt.
Location: Most of the team is in GMT+2, and I'll be in GMT+8 going forward. So anything from GMT+0 to GMT+8 should be OK, unless you keep unusual working hours.
Please mail email@example.com and put "Hacker News" somewhere in the subject. I look forward to transforming the company to being more remote-friendly.
Diginex | Blockchain startup | Hong Kong | F#/C#/Linux devs | Fulltime employees ONSITE preferred, VISA sponsors (for freelancers we might accept part-time and/or remote work, if you prove yourself to be worth it)
We are a blockchain start-up based in Hong Kong. Our business consists of cryptocurrency mining, financial services, Initial Coin Offering (ICO) & blockchain technology consulting, and software research. Among our products, we are developing an opensource crossplatform multicurrency wallet app for desktop & mobile devices and we have plans to build a cryptocurrency exchange platform. Our goal is to become a legitimate, regulated, go-to global blockchain service provider. Our core values are based on high professional standards, where the ability to work effectively and independently is a must-have.
We are looking for filling several vacancies for the following roles in the next few weeks:
- Linux DevOps (no previous blockchain experience required): must be comfortable working with opensource workflows (pullrequests, code review, git, etc), with main responsibilities including packaging(deb/rpm+snap+flatpak), CI curation (we use GitLab+AzureDevOps), cloud infrastructure (AWS,Kubernetes,TerraForm...). Typescript & selenium experience are a plus.
- F#+C#+Xamarin Developer (no previous blockchain experience required): must be comfortable working with opensource workflows (pullrequests, code review, git, etc). Typescript & selenium experience are a plus.
- QA Engineer (no previous blockchain experience required): must be comfortable working with opensource workflows (pullrequests, code review, git, etc) with main responsibilities including Selenium tests development and bug reporting. Typescript experience is a plus.
Work onsite (relocation package is offered) is preferred but not a must. Please send CV and short cover letter to andres.aragoneses at diginex dot com.
GoodNotes (www.goodnotes.com) | Hong Kong ON-SITE, VISA | Full Time | Mobile + Web engineers + leads | https://www.goodnotes.com/careers/
GoodNotes turns your iPad into digital paper. It was created from our founder's frustration of taking readable and reusable handwritten notes on his first iPad. We have since grown to one of the top paid iOS apps worldwide. Our vision is to be the smart paper where people think, study, and work. Short term goal is to make GoodNotes smarter and more accessible. We are looking for product-minded software engineers to join us in our Hong Kong office.
- We are psyched about the future of computing: touch screen + keyboard + pen
- We sponsor work visa. Come work in Hong Kong, one of the best Asian cities
- You will be working with makers. Every member on the team has shipped their own products outside of work.
- We are bootstrapped from day one and we treat our team well. Check out our benefits on our page.
- We have excellent work-life balance because we hire people we can trust. 2 optional days (Thurs & Fri) to work at home. Annual all-expense-paid offsite trip.
- We were frequently featured by Apple. We are currently on their Apple Pencil page: https://www.apple.com/apple-pencil/
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and check out the pictures of our outings and office on https://www.goodnotes.com/careers/
Infinite Food | Mechanical Design Engineers / Electrical Engineers / Food Safety and Quality Manager / Industrial Architect | Zhuhai, China | VISA / REMOTE / Full-time | http://infinite-food.com/
Infinite Food will define and dominate a new segment of global food retail. Our wholly owned and operated network of robotic service locations allow consumers to order personalized hot meals via smartphone which are automatically prepared from fresh ingredients then packaged, ready for pickup from our 2m² footprint machines within only three minutes. This is 10-20x faster than delivery, with true 24x7x365 operation and service in any language, our Series A venture aims to launch 300 locations across three markets in 2019. We are a Zhuhai-based, Zhuhai/Shenzhen/Hong Kong/BVI registered company with two and a half years of IP currently seeking:
(1) Mechanical Design Engineers with fluency in Solidworks. Working language is English, Mandarin or regional languages well regarded. Broad range of interesting work focusing on automation and industrial products, rapid prototyping and iteration with supporting electrical, software, logistics and machine learning engineers. Experience with CFD (heat, fluid and airflow modeling), electrical and food safety regulation in any market, production in thermoform, injection molding, blow molding, extrusion well regarded.
(2) Electrical Engineers. Rapid prototyping of PCBs for robotic / mechatronic systems design iteration, plus opportunities in power systems design, power supply quality monitoring, energy storage systems evaluation, induction system efficiency enhancement, actuation component specification and evaluation, motion control systems, test harnesses, manufacturing process control, environmental monitoring, etc.
(3) Food Safety and Quality Manager. Background in microbiology, chemistry, software or operations research, national or international experience in the food safety industry well regarded. Initial jurisdiction will be mainland China but global knowledge will be critical as we move from domestic through regional and global markets. Interface with manufacturing, design and government relations teams, author and run world first automation systems for food safety and traceability.
(4) Industrial Architect. Numerous novel and substantial systems ideal for cross-disciplinary (mechanical/industrial/production) engineer-architect. Interesting work will provide opportunity to apply and combine principles from systems thinking, traditional architecture, industrial solutions, portability and modularity. Scope includes both finished systems and systems-of-systems.
For all positions: Mandarin speakers well regarded, but Chinese knowledge is not required. Clear written technical communication in English is mandatory. Skills and experience first, qualifications a distant second. We respect execution.
Email 'hr' @ our domain, please include 'Candidate: <job title>' in subject. No recruiters.
Crypto.com | Multiple Positions | Hong Kong | FULL-TIME ONSITE | VISA
Crypto.com, the pioneering payments and cryptocurrency platform, seeks to accelerate the world's transition to cryptocurrency. Here are some of our openings:
* Backend Developer - Developing our core product and in-house applications - Ruby, Elixir
* Mobile Developer - Developing sophisticated applications on Android and iOS - Swift, Kotlin
* Quantitative Developer - Building the heart of our trading and investment platform - Python
You can find out more about our openings and apply in the link below: https://cryptocom.bamboohr.com/jobs
Some positions are not yet advertised. If you are interested in working on distributed systems in Rust and Elixir, please reply to this thread with your email using the steps below:
echo "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 TkQgUFVCTElDIEtFWS0tLS0tCg==" | base64 -D > crypto.pub echo "email@example.com" | openssl rsautl -encrypt -oaep -pubin -inkey crypto.pub -out contact.enc base64 contact.enc