FlightAware | multiple roles | REMOTE (US timezones) | Houston / US | https://flightaware.com/about/careers/
Hey everyone, FlightAware is hiring for a number of positions, including a project managers, full stack web, engineering managers, SRE, iOS, and senior product integration engineer. Our team is headquartered in Houston, Texas, but we work as a distributed team and accept remote applicants for work within the United States.
rootlab | Mechanical or Mechatronics Design Engineer | ONSITE Houston, TX | https://www.rootlab.com
We are a multidisciplinary architectural design, fabrication, and exhibitions firm working on several large science museum exhibits. We are looking for someone talented willing to push the state-of-the-possible in interactive experiences, moving sculptural elements, and mechanisms with an eye to reliability and manufacturability. You’ll design and prototype components, send parts out for manufacture, and order parts from suppliers. You’ll also work with the rest of our fabrication and design teams to integrate mechanisms with other architectural elements, plan installations, and utilize our unique in-house fabrication technologies. As one of the first engineers at rootlab, you’ll have the chance to take on leadership roles as our team expands.
Useful Experience and Skills for the Role:
● Experience with design tools: CAD / FEA / CAM. Ability to design mechanisms and integrate custom and acquired parts into large assemblies. (Primarily SolidWorks)
● Prototyping and fabrication experience: 3D printing , laser cutting, welding, turning, milling, CNC machining.
● Mechatronics experience: using sensors, circuitry, controlling actuators, specifying and sourcing actuators.
● Experience with design for manufacture: machining, weldments, sheet metal forming, mold making.
● Sourcing Guru: What is available and where to get it (and what to do when McMaster-Carr doesn't carry it)
● Museum exhibit experience: ADA compliant design, child accessible design
● Testing and troubleshooting experience
● Robotics experience
If some or all of this sounds like a good fit, please send your resume and any examples you can share of your past work to hiring (at) rootlab.com
GoalBased Investors | Full-stack Engineer | Houston, TX | REMOTE OK | https://goalbasedinvestors.com
GoalBased Investors (GBI) is an early-stage startup in the FinTech space. GBI has built a platform that helps individuals quickly build meaningful financial plans for life’s important goals and easily match with an expert – financial advisors – who can help make them successful. GBI believes that financial advice shouldn’t be hard to give or to get. Our mission is to lower the barriers on both sides, creating more access to financial planning and advice and setting up more effective, efficient conversations around financial goals.
Tech stack: Python/Django, GraphQL
Full-Stack Engineer: https://angel.co/company/goalbased-investors/jobs/1348728-fu...
Any questions, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Republic | IT Manager, Q/A Engineer, Engineering Team Lead, DevOps Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Backend Software Engineer, Frontend Software Engineer, Fullstack Software Engineer | Ruby on Rails, React, Redis, Sidekiq, MySQL, AWS | New York, Houston | ONSITE or REMOTE | Full Time
Republic is a leading investment platform that gives people the power to invest in the future they believe in by providing access to startups, real estate, crypto, and video game investments. Republic is creating a new class of investors and entrepreneurs by eliminating economic, social and geographical barriers that have historically existed for both parties.
Our application has facilitated over $500 million in investments from over one million global community members. We are also constantly evolving new products while maintaining and enhancing existing ones to further our goal of making this new financing avenue as simple and transparent as possible for companies and investors alike to ensure that people of all income levels, genders, and races have the opportunity to shape their wealth and fund their startups
We are hiring for several positions. Onsite or local preferred, but not required:
- Q/A Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/republic/9285bcad-6fda-4db6-a39d-baf2f...
- Engineering Team Lead: https://jobs.lever.co/republic/964b939e-e4d2-4d0e-bf72-2a6c6...
- Senior Software Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/republic/5a99997e-c3c7-452e-ba1c-58410...
- Backend Software Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/republic/dd513856-7473-4ac9-9ad8-f05de...
- Frontend Software Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/republic/b0cdd923-11c4-49ea-ac4c-22206...
- Fullstack Software Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/republic/5c9878d0-cb84-42b7-a5ec-4fe16...
- DevOps Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/republic/a79b7d42-2419-491f-88d4-4df32...
Othram | Senior Software Engineer | The Woodlands (Houston), TX | Onsite | https://othram.com
We are on a mission to digitize the world's DNA evidence so that we can identify victims, find missing persons, and reveal perpetrators of crimes.
Othram operates at the intersection of molecular biology, population genetics, and bioinformatics. Bridging 20th-century population genetics and 21st-century data science, we are the first and only forensic laboratory to vertically integrate a DNA test and human ID solution, that can identify victims, find missing persons, and reveal perpetrators of crimes.
Our team of scientists, lab technicians, and software engineers works to solve cold cases and crimes with our cutting edge forensic DNA sequencing lab. We’re building automated tools process DNA and genealogical information to determine identity from DNA, and to automate and optimize other parts of the business. As we’re scaling up, we’re looking for more people to help the software team. Currently hiring for multiple roles: - Software engineer: website backends, data processing pipelines, analysis software, and business process automation. - Data scientist: collect, analyze, and visualize data ranging from business analytics and customer interactions to human genetics and genealogy.
Looking for a strong engineering background and significant Python experience. Experience with bioinformatics is a plus, but not required.
Job descriptions at https://othram.com/team.html, and read about cases we’ve solved at dnasolves.com or search for Othram on Google News. Apply at email@example.com.