District M | Multiple Positions | Montreal, Quebec, Canada | FULLTIME | ONSITE
We are an ad-tech company offering solutions to publishers and advertisers world-wide in an open and transparent manner.
* Site Reliability Engineer (AWS, GCP, Docker, K8s, go)
* Data Engineer (Scala, Python, SQL, Kafka, Kinesis, Parquet, Protobuf etc.)
* Full Stack Developer (PHP + JS)
* Senior Real Time Software Engineer (Golang/C++, Networking)
Work within a tight, autonomous team in the heart of one of the most livable neighbourhoods in North America, competitive salary, quarterly performance based bonus, 3 weeks min time off with a bonus winter break.
Internal systems we use Golang, Scala and Python.
Product side we currently leverage Symfony 3/4 and React + Redux, delivering on realistic deadlines and report to technical persons only.
On infrastructure side, a hybrid cloud with some services in AWS, Azure and GCP (k8s)
Small, rapidly growing and profitable company with opportunities for meaningful growth and impact.
Prior ad-tech experience not a requirement.
If you're in Montreal, drop me a line and we'll meet up for an informal chat about you and your goals.
Contact: mo <at> districtm.net with CV / Github etc.
Method Studios | Software Engineers (Python) | Montreal | Onsite | Fulltime
Home to exceptional artists and technologists, Method, a Deluxe company, is an award-winning global VFX company working with top creators on features, episodics, advertising, and immersive experiences. Our network of integrated facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, pre-vis, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, motion graphics, matte painting, compositing, and finishing; and through Method EXP, end-to-end and a la carte AR and VR services.
We are recruiting for experienced Software Engineers to join the Software department and help shape the evolution of Visual Effects technologies.
Montreal, Canada (Quebec)
ONSITE - Sponsoring Work Permits
Reach out directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have funding, great architecture, and are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and join us for this crazy ride. Stock Options available in addition to compensation.
Dog-friendly office in the Mile End, we offer a flexible schedule, tons of autonomy and ownership, gym membership, and a ton of other great benefits.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt | Onsite in Boston, Chicago, Montreal, and Dublin | Full Time
We are [HIRING] [FULLTIME] in Dublin, Boston, Chicago and Montreal all levels of engineers, here's a quick vid/post about HMH and what we do: http://bit.ly/HMHHiresEngineers you can email me directly too: email@example.com
Jobs Link: https://careers.hmhco.com/
Streamline Genomics | Montreal | Onsite
We are a growing team of scientists and engineers with startup experience working on a genomics analysis platform to help bring the power of bioinformatics directly to clinicians. The company has secured investments and established working connections with multiple hospitals and research institutes in Montreal. If you are passionate about bringing cutting edge bioinformatics research to the clinic, building robust data processing pipelines, designing creative ways to present data, and taking ownership for the product you help imagine and build, Streamline Genomics is the place for you!
Compensation: Salary, equity negotiable
Work culture: learning together, empowered engineers, regular feedback from clinicians, flexible working hours.
We are hiring for multiple positions:
- Full-stack web developer: https://angel.co/streamline-genomics/jobs/459839-full-stack-...
- Bioinformatics/Software engineer: https://angel.co/streamline-genomics/jobs/459840-junior-soft...
We expect that for the right candidate an appropriate role that suits their skill set and interests can be imagined. We also have collaborations with genomics labs in Montreal who are open to hiring post-doctoral research fellows for collaborative projects with Streamline Genomics.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions you can reach me at email@example.com.
Data Science Retreat | Director | Berlin or Montreal | Onsite | Fulltime | Visa | Remote possible for exceptional candidate
Data Science Retreat (DSR) is the market leader in EU for machine learning training. We are expanding to North America, we started in SF but are moving to Montreal. DSR helps coders or people with significant quantitative training (e.g. science, engineering, or math graduates) ramp-up rapidly for a data science career - arguably the fastest-growing, highest-demand profession. Our participants have an average of 5 years of industry experience.
We are launching a new product that is a big departure from our 3-month in-person training:
- For a monthly fee (3 different price points), our customers receive a topic that our teachers prepare in depth. For example, an exciting new technique that just came out in a paper and that is really applicable in the industry today
- There's code that implements the technique, but the most important part is that we provide a detailed explanation and references to every bit of knowledge you need to understand the topic. With exercises that are self-correcting (you write code, press a button, get red/green)
- This business model works well B2C, but it's something easy to consume for big corporates that want to train their people on-the-job (the current 3-month retreat doesn't address this need well). It's all very 'hands on' and more advanced than the usual MOOCs. We suspect MOOCs are not creating data scientists, at least not when done on-the-job. If we can demonstrate results, this should be an easy sell.
As Director of this product, these could be your day to day activities:
- Think up methods to increase our pipeline, together with marketing - Pay attention to KPIs for recurrent business, for example, churn - Decide which proportion of revenue goes to service the base, and which to invest in R&D - Look at customer lifetime value (you don't need to calculate it, we have a resident expert on the team) - Experiment with variations of product and pricing - Do outbound sales to convince companies to try our service
Dental Wings | Montreal (CA), Berlin, Chemnitz (GER), Lyon (FR) | ONSITE | Various engineering roles | Full-time
* About us *
Dental Wings was founded in 2007 and is a fast-growing international company active in the dynamic field of dental CAD/CAM technologies.
Our main activities cover design (CAD) and diagnostic software development (guided surgery), scanning hardware development, scanning equipment manufacturing, customer support, sales, marketing, logistics, and administration. Our products are sold and used in over 50 countries.
Our mission is to help our customers improve the lives of millions of dental patients worldwide!
* Our team *
Our team fosters an environment of honesty, trust, and openess. We strive to grow, learn, improve and innovate as individuals and as a company. We do our utmost to support our colleagues, emphasize communication and value a good work-life balance.
We use SCRUM and Kanban methods. Our tool stack involves Redmine, Slack, Git, Eclipse, JavaFX, JOGL, Gerrit, Jenkins, JUnit and Sonar.
* Open positions *
- Java CAD/CAM and C++ software engineers (Berlin, Chemnitz, Montreal)
- Web App and Tech Support developer, Assembler technician (Montreal, Lyon)
Elevate Security | Berkeley, CA; Montreal, Quebec | FULL-TIME | ONSITE or REMOTE | Software Engineer & Senior Software Engineer & Data Platform Lead
Here at Elevate Security, we’re building the first-ever truly people-centric solution that’s focused on the human element as a core defense strategy for protecting organizations. By combining the powers of behavioral and data science, we are creating a world where every employee becomes an organization's strongest security advocate. We’re looking for exceptional and passionate people to help us build this future and redefine the burgeoning security landscape.
We are looking for 1) Senior Engineer who has had experience building projects from start to finish and can drive technical decisions and mentor other develops https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GLB8Qd3PdNLMZ4iO1ddYY4KI...
2) Full Stack dev who have some early experience doing full stack work and want to continue to grow and expand in their roles. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JD8gUFqY2RBPlesLNU2Y1srP...
3) Data Platform Lead - We’re looking for a phenomenal person to help design, build, and scale our data platform. You’ll be the go-to person for this area and its impact spans across the entire company. As this position is a cornerstone for what we’re building as a company, you’ll be a core contributor to our engineering team. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TTlWm-KadOBlK89cE2ycuneu...
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org No Agencies
Shakepay | Montreal, Canada | Security Developer | Full-time | https://shakepay.co
Shakepay is the easiest way for Canadians to buy and sell digital currencies. We're on a mission to create open access to building wealth.
We're hiring a security developer, you can learn more about our day-to-day and what projects we're working on: https://medium.com/shakepay/shakepay-is-hiring-a-3rd-full-st...
For more information, complete description of roles, and details on applying, please see http://jobs.adgear.com/
#erlang #c11 #rust #scala #ruby #typescript #react #opensource
Pornhub | Adult content | Montreal QC | On-site Come work at the 11th highest trafficked website in the world. We are looking for:
-Director of Marketing and PR
-Senior Java Developer
-Senior PHP Developers (You don't have to tell your friends or family you code in PHP)
Must be willing to relocate to Montreal. Email me your CV: email@example.com and please mention you saw the post on HN. More info on pornhub.com/jobs
Commure, Inc. | San Francisco, CA / Boston, MA | Rust Engineer | Fulltime | ONSITE
We are a stealth startup working to fix the software doctors use. If you have seen what physicians have to put up with, it's a bad version of the 90s, and makes medical care worse and more expensive for everyone. We are a group of previously successful engineers and entrepreneurs (MIT, Dartmouth, Stripe, Twitter, Salesforce, DataPower, etc) and senior doctors (Johns Hopkins, UCSF, etc) who are determined to finally fix this.
Compensation: market salary & equity -- we are well funded by top-tier VCs.
Stack: includes Rust, React and Kubernetes. In addition to building our back end in Rust, we are also solving some very interesting problems in the areas of data processing, high-speed APIs, flexible UX frameworks and fine-grained privacy for healthcare data.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention "[hnrust]" in the subject line. Other positions available: - Senior Front End Engineer (React Native, React) - Senior Security Engineer (identity, SAML, OAuth, etc) (please use [hnfe] or [hnse] in subject line for the above).
Locations: San Francisco, Boston or Montreal; sorry, no distributed/remote option at the moment.