Character AI | https://beta.character.ai | Full-time | Engineering | Palo Alto, New York City
Character is an AI startup building the best conversational AI in the world. We are growing exponentially and looking to hire the best of the best. We just surpassed 10M+ monthly actives in only 8 months and raised our Series A from a16z at a $1B valuation.
We are fully vertically integrated - we build and own everything from the LLM to the UI. Our co-founders are the people behind the Transformer and LaMDA, and the rest of the team includes AI pioneers from Google Brain and Meta Research.
Our tech will power the next generation of open-ended dialog agents with applications spanning entertainment, education, search, and far more. We have already deployed our custom language model (try it here https://beta.character.ai) and now we are hiring brilliant people for a wide range of roles, including front-end, data, infrastructure, ML, and product/operations.
If you want to make this sci-fi dream a reality, please apply through our career page https://jobs.lever.co/character with a resume and a short description of why you are interested.
Stanford Research Computing Center | Stanford, CA (next to Palo Alto) | Full-time | Three positions | HYBRID/ONSITE
The Stanford Research Computing Center (https://srcc.stanford.edu) is a collaboration between University IT and the Vice Provost and Dean of Research. We operate HPC environments for researchers, we do one-time consultations on projects (from software and pipelines, to data management, to physical building design and fit-out), and we provide contract support for individual Labs, Departments, and Schools.
We have five open positions:
• Research Storage Systems Developer: We're launching an on-prem tape-based S3-speaking archival storage service. It's going to use Lustre, Phobos, and MinIO. We're looking for someone to help with software development and administration of this new service. Keywords: Go, MinIO, S3, Python. You'll be working with the folks who run our Oak "Cheap and Deep" storage service.
• Computational Consultant: This is a generalist position for someone with a lot of education or experience. You'll work with researchers—from Nobel-winning Faculty to new graduate students—to map their needs to our available services, and to identify directions for us to grow. You'll be working with other consultants in our group, as well as cluster admins. Keywords: R, Python, Jupyter, conda, SLURM, OpenMP, MPI.
• Research Computing Systems Specialist, SDSS: The Doerr School of Sustainability is one of our largest clients. They use our primary research cluster (Sherlock); and they also have their own cluster, which you'll be responsible for. You'll have a lot of contact with Doerr School Faculty, Graduate Students, and Postdocs. Keywords: Python, C, Fortran, MPI, and large jobs. You'll be working with our in-group SME, and the two sysadmins who run Sherlock. If you're a sysadmin, but not an HPC sysadmin, you should still apply.
• Stanford CryoEM Center (cEMc) Computational Resources and Data Management Specialist: Within the School of Medicine, this is a new Center, providing cryoEM equipment and services to researchers. cEMc is looking for someone who ideally has both cryoEM and Linux experience, who can advise researchers on their workflows and pipelines. You'll be a bridge between the researchers and us, helping to design workflows and pipelines that automate things as much as possible, within the limits of a shared HPC environment.
• Data Center Engineer: You're part of the SRCC, but based full-time at our primary research data center in Menlo Park (on the SLAC campus). This position includes everything from racking and cabling to maintaining and troubleshooting power distribution (415v Starline bus), UPS (spinning-mass), generators, VFDs, air handlers, chillers, PLCs, and the like.
All four positions are hybrid, except the data center engineer is fully onsite. If you don't already live in the Bay Area, I believe we provide a relocation incentive. Depending on where you live, we provide free transit passes. Unfortunately, if you don't commute, you will have to pay for parking for the days you're on-site. Work benefits are all publicly documented at https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/benefits-rewards. We always get two weeks off around Christmas, through you'll have to spend one or two days on-call.
Here are the links to apply:
• Storage position: http://phxc1b.rfer.us/STANFORDvSHMfg
• Computational Consultant: http://phxc1b.rfer.us/STANFORD19hMfm
• SDSS position: http://m.rfer.us/STANFORD66NL8g (more experienced) or http://m.rfer.us/STANFORDgV4L8h (less experienced)
• cEMc position: http://m.rfer.us/STANFORDPw3L8i
• Data Center Engineer: http://phxc1b.rfer.us/STANFORDKzYMfY
If you have questions, feel free to reply here or email me (the info is in my profile).
Tesla | Various Roles | Palo Alto, Austin, Reno | ONSITE | https://www.tesla.com/careers Tesla is hiring for software positions across a variety of disciplines. If you're interested in helping us transition to sustainable energy production/storage/consumption, we'd love to hear from you! Please apply online at https://www.tesla.com/careers and send us a email highlighting some exceptional things you've done in the past so we can pull your resume from the stack.
You can reach us at vehiclesoftwarerecruiting at tesla. Make sure to reference the url for the job(s) you've applied to!
https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/firmware-validation... (hardware, validation, python, C) Location: Palo Alto, CA
https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/firmware-engineer-e... (sensors, actuators, embedded, C) Location: Palo Alto, CA
https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/software-qa-enginee... (python, c, HIL/SIL, mechatronics, brakes, suspension) Location: Palo Alto, CA
https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/software-validation... (HIL, validation, firmware, c, python) Location: Palo Alto, CA
https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/thermal-systems-int... (firmware, integration, thermal, python) Location: Palo Alto, CA
https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/software-integratio... (firmware, integration, electronic park brake) Location: Palo Alto, CA
https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/software-validation... (system validation, thermal, Python) Location: Palo Alto, CA
https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/software-validation... validation, test infrastructure, SIL, HIL, integration, Python) Location: Palo Alto, CA
Pangea | Developer Advocate | Full Time | Palo Alto & Remote
We're Pangea , a well-funded Series B startup led by veterans of the security industry and have raised over $52M in funding from Google Ventures, Ballistic Ventures, SYN Ventures, Decibel, and Okta Ventures. We are a product-led company, whose mission is to deliver an amazing product built specifically for developers. Experienced professionals who are passionate about innovating in the security space and driven to deliver exceptional product experiences for developers are an ideal fit for this role.
Join the Pangea Securathon! (Hackathon details) - bit.ly/40O4tZ6 Top 2 finalists at Innovation Sandbox Event at RSA Conference - bit.ly/3LuuaIG
Apply today at https://pangea.cloud/careers/job/4241798005
Vista AI | Full Stack Developer | Hybrid in Palo Alto, but also open to remote (US) | Full Time
I am a ML engineer at Vista AI, helping out in the recruiting process.
Vista AI is a venture backed company dedicated to making advanced magnetic resonance (MR) imaging techniques more accessible to patients. Our first clinically approved (510K cleared) product, Heart Vista, is dedicated to automate the process of acquiring cardiac MR images, which have historically only been accessible to patients at advanced facilities such as Stanford. Using machine vision, we automatically recognize, plan, and acquire the standard cardiac MRI planes, which often requires a highly experienced technologist to accomplish.
Prior experience in medical imaging or other healthcare setting is highly desired!
To apply, please see the following link or send a Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.