Expensify | Full-Stack, PHP, Java, C++, iOS, Android, and/or Infrastructure Engineer | San Francisco, Portland, Michigan, London | REMOTE, VISA welcome | Full-time | we.are.expensify.com | $135K+
Expensify is the most widely used expense management system in the world, with millions of users and more customers than the rest of the industry combined, processing billions of real dollars annually. Expensify has ~130 employees, is self-managed (no VC control), is extremely profitable, and is working to buy back all shares to become 100% employee owned, intending to create liquidity through internal buyback programs and eventual dividends. As an equal member of the team:
- Your voice will carry weight on day one. - Your responsibilities will increase quickly and without limit, as there is virtually no formal management structure to constrain your growth. - You will work on every part of the codebase, without being constrained to any team, layer, or platform. - You will receive a fair, proactive raise bi-annually, without you needing to ask. - You will have the option (not required) to travel with the team domestically and internationally multiple times a year -- spouses and kids welcome (and paid for). - You will be provided the best equipment, a personal mentor committed to your success, tools to encourage a healthy work/life balance, and a workplace that is safe, respectful, collaborative, and inspiring. - You will be truly welcome regardless of age, race, gender, orientation, or other affiliation.
Some of the cool things we're working on:
- Concierge, a “supervised learning” AI-powered customer support platform - BedrockDB.com, an open-source, blockchain-based SQL database atop SQLite - SmartScan, an OCR/human receipt transcription service - Next day ACH processing many millions of dollars daily - Scaling realtime search across 30 days (16TB) of system logs - Cutting edge web/mobile technologies and so much more!
We are very proud of the team we have built, and would love to have you join our large extended family around the world. We are happy to sponsor visas and greencards as needed. All we ask in return is that you get shit done, without ruining it for everyone else: https://blog.expensify.com/2016/06/03/rule-1-get-shit-done/ To apply, just email answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org (no resume needed):
 What's the URL of your website? If you don't have one, why not?  Tell us about what it is you do (programming, systems engineering, sales, etc.), when you started, and what you've done between then and now.  What do you want to do with the rest of your life, and how is Expensify a step toward your long-term goals?  How did you hear about us? A job posting? Chalk on a sidewalk? From a friend? Let us know where you saw this opening.
Please visit https://we.are.expensify.com, and we can’t wait to meet you soon!
Boulder Care | Full Stack Developers, React Native Engineers, Product Manager | Portland OR | Full-time onsite | https://boulder.care
Come work for Boulder Care!
Boulder Care is a digital health platform for treating opioid addiction. We are a well-funded VC-backed company with the opportunity to build a massive business. Our healthcare system spends billions of dollars combating the opioid epidemic.
Opioid overdose is the leading cause of death for Americans under 50, but fewer than 10% of patients who need treatment are receiving it. Boulder is closing this gap by providing high-quality medication-based treatment via a digital platform.
Our platform is built on React and React Native. We are seeking engineers with experience in these technologies:
We are also looking for a Product Manager.
Apply via the links above, or email me your resume (address in profile) and I'll pass it along to the right person
Gulf of Maine Research Institute | Web Application Developer | Portland, ME | Full Time
If you like science or the ocean, know technology, and want to use tech to push science forwards, we’re looking for a Web Application Developer at Gulf of Maine Research Institute as part of the Ocean Data Products team.
GMRI is right on the waterfront in Portland Maine, where we work at the intersection of people and the ocean.
For a little detail of what the ODP team does, here’s a little of what I’ve been working on recently:
- Testing knowledge graph ontologies for a NSF project that is trying to push the domains of scientific modeling forwards - Developing a citizen science platform designed to support classrooms and projects that need a coverage to prove presence vs absence - Geeked out with USGS about low cost sensor platforms at the ESIP conference - Evolving the user focused components of NERACOOS’s interface to the buoys in the Gulf of Maine and beyond to make it more approachable to regular mariners (fishermen, sailors, surfers) than just scientists. - Prototyping transitioning our primary data service (ERDDAP) for NERACOOS to run on Kubernetes.
If that sounds like your kind of jam, here are some details: https://www.gmri.org/about-us/join-our-team/jobs/web-applica... You can reach out to me akerney at our website if you've got any questions.
Datawire | Boston, Portland, Montreal | Full Time | Can be Remote | Mid Level to Senior Engineer Datawire’s product Ambassador is built on the Envoy proxy - a modern, high performance, small footprint edge and service proxy. Envoy is most comparable to software load balancers such as NGINX and HAProxy. Originally written and deployed at Lyft, Envoy now has a vibrant contributor base and is an official Cloud Native Computing Foundation project.
We are looking for a C++ software engineer, with open source experience, to work on this critical component of our product.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you are interested but more details are here: https://jobs.lever.co/datawire/66a74fd2-4766-45b1-b8ba-4a4d9...
MemSQL (https://memsql.com) | Lisbon (Portugal), San Francisco and Seattle | Full Time
MemSQL is a database startup focused on high performance, hybrid workloads. Our customers include half of the top 10 US banks, 2 of the top 3 US telcos, and 12% of the fortune 100. You can read all about our product here: https://memsql.com/product.
Right now, we are in the process of building a next generation data platform capable of handling many different workloads in one system. Think about a massive company storing all of its data, operational or analytical together. That's the vision - if that resonates with you, say hello!
We have several positions open:
* Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
* Support Engineer (Portland, OR / Lisbon, Portugal)
* Senior Backend Engineer (Go/distributed systems/Kubernetes) (Seattle, SF or Lisbon)
* Software Engineer, Performance (Seattle)
* Software Engineer Intern, Database Engine (Seattle)
Careers page with individual links for each open position: https://www.memsql.com/careers/jobs/
If you want to learn more about the engineering work we do, check out https://memsql.engineering.
Feel free to email directly at david at memsql dot com.