Second Measure (YC S15) | SF Bay Area - San Mateo, CA (downtown) | US REMOTE (see below) | https://secondmeasure.com
Second Measure analyzes billions of anonymized credit card transactions to answer real-time questions about consumer behavior.
Through our self-service analytics platform, we help our clients – some of the world’s largest brands and investment firms – answer questions like:- How do restaurant delivery companies perform across different US cities?  - Where is Uber gaining or losing market share?  - What impact has COVID-19 had on the rideshare industry?  - (Check out our research blog ) We’re 60 people today — mostly senior engineers and data scientists — and are backed by a strong mix of VCs (Bessemer, Norwest, YC) and banks (Goldman Sachs, Citi, Jefferies).
We’re looking for other strong builders, especially those who can grow into leadership roles:- Senior Data Engineer - Editorial Marketer Open to local (San Mateo/NYC, but WFH for now) or remote in a supported state (Alabama, California, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Texas, or Washington)
I'm a founder (mike@). Apply directly  or email jobs@ and CC me.
Roblox | San Mateo, CA | Full Time | REMOTE through June 2021 -> ONSITE July 2021
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We are recruiting across multiple teams and positions. We are actively hiring and all interviews are currently done via phone & Zoom.
Our top priority roles are:
- Backend Web Engineer: 5+ years experience; Fluent in C#, C++, Java, or another OOP language
- C++ / Lua Engineer: 3-5 years experience; Proficient in C++; Experience with Lua preferred
- C++ / UI Engineer: 3-5+ years experience; Proficient in C++; Experience with building very complex end user applications
- C++ 3D Modeling Engineer: 3-5+ years experience; Proficient in C++ (and/or Python); focus on 3D APIs
- Software Engineer, Distributed Caching/Infrastructure: 3+ years experience building software to manage infrastructure
- Data Engineer: 3+ years experience; Expert with Java and Go; Custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Tech Lead/ Engineering Manager: 3-5+ years leading projects and/or teams; Proficient in C++ (and/or Python); focus on growing and mentoring teams
- UI Engineer: 2-4+ years experience; Strong Python; Build tools to accelerate the development process for millions of engineers
Please reach out to "efife at roblox.com" and mention this Hacker News post.
Or, to find more information, see our full list of open positions, and apply, please visit:
Intellimize | Senior Back-end / Machine Learning Engineer | ONSITE San Mateo, CA or REMOTE (US or Canada only) | FULL-TIME | https://www.intellimize.com/careers/mle/
Intellimize optimizes websites to generate more revenue. We use machine learning to automatically optimize each buyer’s path to drive more web conversions.
Our unique solution enables experimentation and personalization at an unparalleled scale, and it replaces traditional approaches to optimization such as A/B testing and rules-based personalization. These methods are too slow, require daily attention, and don’t automatically adapt to changes in behavior over time.
This role: senior level, back-end and some ML engineering. The exact blend is flexible, and we'd be happy to have a great back-end engineer join us even without any ML background.
Primary technologies: Java, Python, Tensorflow, Spark, Airflow, AWS.
Our team is positive, low ego, and customer focused. Strong communication skills are a must.
We plan to re-open our San Mateo office once it is safe to do so, and the company will continue embrace remote work (it's going great for us!). This team in particular is remote-first.
You can apply via email to careers@, or to alex@ if you want to contact me directly. I'm the hiring manager for this position.