Intellimize | Several eng roles | REMOTE (US or Canada only) or ONSITE San Mateo, CA | FULL-TIME | https://www.intellimize.com/careers/
Intellimize optimizes websites to generate more revenue. We use machine learning to automatically optimize each buyer’s path to drive more web conversions.
Our unique solution enables experimentation and personalization at an unparalleled scale, and it replaces traditional approaches to optimization such as A/B testing and rules-based personalization. These methods are too slow, require daily attention, and don’t automatically adapt to changes in behavior over time.
Open roles I'm hiring for:
* Back end / ML engineer, all levels (https://www.intellimize.com/careers/jobs/?gh_jid=4033757004 and https://www.intellimize.com/careers/jobs/?gh_jid=4002964004)
* Site reliability engineer (https://www.intellimize.com/careers/jobs/?gh_jid=4088778004)
* Tech lead manager (https://www.intellimize.com/careers/jobs/?gh_jid=4092581004)
For the back end role, the exact ML / non-ML blend is flexible, and we'd be happy to have a great back-end engineer join us without any ML background. The SRE role is our first SRE (and we're hiring more than one); it's a great opportunity to help shape how we think about SREing.
Primary technologies: Java, Python, Tensorflow, Spark, Airflow, AWS.
Our team is positive, low ego, and customer focused. Strong communication skills are a must.
We plan to re-open our San Mateo office soon, and the company will continue to embrace remote work (it's going great for us!). Our engineering team is is remote-first.
Please apply using one of the links above and mention this post. (If you're not sure which is right right fit for you, just apply to one; I review all applications, and we can discuss which is the best fit for you.) You can reach me directly at alex@ if you have any questions. I'm the hiring manager for these positions.
PS We recently raised a $30M Series B: https://venturebeat.com/2021/07/08/intellimize-raises-30m-to...
Backblaze | Engineering, Sales, and Marketing | Full-time | Hybrid | San Mateo
Backblaze originated in a founder’s one-bedroom apartment where five people committed to helping people save their data. Today, we are entrusted with well over an exabyte of data from customers in more than 175 countries.
We’re growing fast! We’ve built a culture where we care about each other, our work, and our products, and we have fun doing it.
Join us on our mission to make storing and using data astonishingly easy! Here are a few of our open roles:
Enterprise Inside Sales Account Executive: https://backblaze.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?r...
Developer Evangelist: https://backblaze.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?r...
Sr. Software Engineer: https://backblaze.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?r...
Sr. Software Engineer - Storage: https://backblaze.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?r...
Infrastructure Software Engineer: https://backblaze.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?r...
More Backblaze careers: https://backblaze.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-openings.php?...
Roblox Corp. | San Mateo, CA | Full Time | REMOTE through 2021 -> ONSITE Jan 2022 (pending safety protocols)
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We are recruiting across multiple teams and positions. We are actively hiring and all interviews are currently done via phone & Zoom. Our top priority roles are:
- Senior Backend Web Engineer: 5+ years exp.; C#, Java; experience dealing with complex large scale systems
- C++ / Lua Engineer: 3-5 years exp.; Proficient in C++; Experience with Lua preferred
- C++ / UI Engineer: 3-5+ years exp.; Proficient in C++; Experience with building very complex end user applications
- C++ 3D Modeling Engineer: 3-5+ years exp.; Proficient in C++ (and/or Python); focus on 3D APIs
- Sr. Software Engineer - Cache Infrastructure: Building large distributed systems, on-demand deployment of large-scale Redis and Memcached clusters; C#, Go, Rust, Docker, Hashistack’s Consul, Vault & Nomad
- Data Engineer: 3+ years exp.; Expert with Java and Go; Custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Tech Lead/Engineering Manager: 3-5+ years exp. leading projects and/or teams; Proficient in C++ (and/or Python); focus on growing and mentoring teams
- Principal Software Engineer, Growth: 7+ yrs exp.; FE/BE, Java, GO, Python, architect-level, Tech lead/leadership experience
- Principal ML Engineer, Bots & Spam: 8+ yrs exp.; ML, Python, SQL, leadership skills, etc.; Bots, Spam, fraud, security experience a plus.
- Senior SREs - Orchestration Systems: 5+ years exp.; SysAdmin or SWE heavy OK; Building, scaling, and improving Consul, Vault, and Nomad in a hybrid cloud with focus on bare metal. Chef, Terraform, Containers, Python, Ruby, Go, etc.
See our full list of open positions and apply at: https://corp.roblox.com/careers/
Rakuten (Rakuten Rewards) | San Mateo, CA or San Francisco, CA | Some Remote | H-1B Transfer | Full Time | iOS Engineer, Android Engineer, React Engineer
Rakuten.com is the leading Cash Back service that has helped 12 million members in the U.S. earn over $1 billion in Cash Back at their favorite stores. We're more than online shopping and have expanded into verticals such as In-Store Cash Back, travel, gift cards, and more.
The engineering team is growing to solve technical challenges across all parts of our stack. My team which is responsible for browsing and navigation is hiring iOS, Android and React engineers.
Rakuten offers competitive comp, benefits including generous PTO policy, and great work-life balance.
If you're interested please reach to me directly at yuriy.dyrenko at rakuten.com.
Pinecone | Developer Advocate (DevRel) | US-Remote
If you’re excited about:
- Learning and explaining complex things in simple and captivating ways.
- Playing a central role in ML engineering and Data Science communities.
- Empowering others to solve hard problems with ML and Search.
- Shaping the course of a fast-growing company and product category.
- Working with people who value clarity, creativity, passion, initiative, and thoughtfulness.
Then this is an opportunity to join an early-stage, well-funded startup and make a meaningful impact.
Pinecone is pioneering search and database technology to power AI/ML applications for the next decade and beyond. We provide customers with capabilities that until now have only been in the hands of a few tech giants.
Pinecone is a distributed team with offices in New York, San Mateo, and Tel Aviv. At Pinecone you will be part of a world-class team from companies like Amazon and Google. The company emerged from stealth in January 2021 with $10M in seed funding, led by the same legendary investor as Snowflake, Gong, and Cohesity.
As a developer advocate and one of the first marketing hires at Pinecone, you will have a significant impact on the way users discover and build with our product. You will report to the VP of Marketing and work closely with management from Product and Engineering.
Learn more and apply here: https://www.pinecone.io/careers/?gh_jid=4655005003
We're also hiring engineers in NYC and Tel Aviv, see open positions here: https://www.pinecone.io/careers/