Alibaba Group | Backend Java developers | Shenzhen or Hangzhou, China | ONSITE, VISA
We are looking for Java backend developers to join our International Middle Platform team for the Lazada and AliExpress e-commerce platforms. Technical environment: Java, Spring, iBATIS, HSF (distributed RPC service framework widely used within the Alibaba Group).
The candidate must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Mandarin is a plus but not required.
The position is available in Shenzhen or Hangzhou.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a referral or if you have any questions.
If you can read Chinese, you can also apply directly with the following links:
Skyscanner | full-time, onsite - hiring across levels | London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Barcelona, Budapest, Sofia, Singapore, Shenzhen | ONSITE, VISA https://www.skyscanner.net/jobs/
We have several offices in Europe and are focusing on London in particular right now.
We want to hire great people to solve large-scale challenges and build industry-leading new products. In short, if you've got good software industry and tech company experience, know what best practices look like, and have the drive to improve product and people around you, we're interested.
I see a lot of freedom, responsibility, accountability here. We have room to make decisions, move fast, and the encouragement to make things better. It's exciting.
Please ping me an email at email@example.com if you want me to refer you, and/or have questions. Please specify which job you are applying to, ideally supplying me with a link from the careers page. Please also specify the location you're interested in.
Permanent & onsite roles only. Relocation / visa assistance for senior roles.
[still-unnamed startup in stealth mode] | REMOTE or ONSITE(around HK: Guangzhou,Macau,Shenzhen,Taiwan,etc) | 20-40h per week, freelancers/full-timers/part-timers
Sorry for the vague description but I can tell you more about the product we're building when you apply. Hopefully I can attract you in a sufficient way with our tech stack! (see below). [NOTE: this is not a pie-in-the-sky venture, you would be joining a team who has a 1.5+year-old working product, with prospects of new greenfield products built around the first.]
- Build engineer: you are a Linux-er who has some past experience building deb or rpm packages, are excited about reproducible builds, and are willing to learn (if you don't already know) new things such as snap or flatpak. gitlabCI and/or githubActions is a plus. (Might do some DevOps work after we come out of stealth mode as well; with Pulumi and RedShift.)
- C#/.NET developer: generics, LINQ, VisualStudio, EntityFramework et al are your bread and butter. You value the diversity that comes from learning other languages and tech-stacks but also the stability that a robust platform like .NET provides, which you based your career on. Desirable to be familiar with Xamarin, but not required. F# is a plus.
- Rust developer: you dealt with C/C++/Objective-C in the past but are ready to move on. However, you're still not convinced about garbage collected languages, so you have been looking at Rust lately, or willing to learn it. You're not a smart-ass though, so you would be excited to expose your Rust code's API to be consumed by higher level languages.
- FP developer: you value immutability and lack of side effects because you have lived the nightmares of race conditions and heisenbugs in your career. You're disgusted with most job positions out there because the tech-stack described in most of them don't look safe enough to be serious (sure they can build snapchats with them, but not robust software that would end up being used by NASA or Waymo). Desirable to be familiar with F#.
- SmartContracts/blockchain developer: you've used/developed smart contracts in languages such as Ivy, MiniScript, or Solidity(EVM), or are willing to learn this technology. Desirable to have familiarity with atomic swaps, HTLCs or zero knowledge proofs. Excited about things like bitcoin, ethereum, mimblewimble/grin, DAI, etc
Important perk for all positions: all the code/scripts you'll write (being paid of course) will be opensource, at least for the first 2-3months.
Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
PS: Abstain from applying if you expect a lead/managerial role, because the team is not yet big enough to need extra leadership for now.
PS II: In case you're only interested in joining part-time, note: I wouldn't find it acceptable if you join us to work remotely part-time while keeping your full-time job. Part-time only works with your own side-projects, or other additional part-time job (because resting is important).
Flexport (YC W14) | San Francisco, Chicago, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Amsterdam | Onsite | https://www.flexport.com
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. We are revolutionizing a huge industry that touches every country on the planet, which means solving complex challenges. We are looking for makers who love learning, are passionate about collaborating, and desire to see the global impact of the solutions they build.
To learn more about who we are, our engineering culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/flexport
View all of our jobs here: https://grnh.se/c0d6caef1
* Frontend: React, Relay, Flow, Jest, Enzyme
* Mobile: React Native, Apollo
* Backend: Ruby on Rails, Postgres, GraphQL, Python, RSpec
* CI: GitHub, Buildkite
* Infrastructure: AWS, Python