Flexport (YC W14) | San Francisco, Chicago, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Amsterdam | Onsite | https://www.flexport.com Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. We are revolutionizing a huge industry that touches every country on the planet, which means solving complex challenges. We are looking for makers who love learning, are passionate about collaborating, and desire to see the global impact of the solutions they build.
To learn more about who we are, our engineering culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/flexport
View all of our jobs here: https://grnh.se/c0d6caef1
* Frontend: React, Relay, Flow, Jest, Enzyme
* Mobile: React Native, Apollo
* Backend: Ruby on Rails, Postgres, GraphQL, Python, RSpec
* CI: GitHub, Buildkite
* Infrastructure: AWS, Python
Skyscanner | full-time senior and lead hires | London, Barcelona, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Budapest, Sofia, Shenzhen | ONSITE, VISA https://grnh.se/e5b065cc1 We're one of the biggest travel search products in the world. We have a unique position in the market and are continuing our incredible growth as a tech company. We'll soon be a top-100 website in the world by traffic.
We have a number of offices in Europe, and are focusing on Scotland, London and Barcelona in particular.
We want to hire great people to solve large-scale challenges and build industry-leading new products. In short, if you've got good software industry and tech company experience, know what best practices look like, and have the drive to improve product and people around you, we're interested.
I see a lot of freedom, responsibility, accountability here. We have room to make decisions, move fast, and the encouragement to make things better. It's exciting.
Please ping me an email at matteo.ruina @ skyscanner.net if you want me to refer you, and/or have questions. Please specify which job are you applying to and which office would you like to work from.
Permanent & onsite roles only. Relocation / visa assistance for senior roles.
[still-unnamed startup in stealth mode] | REMOTE or ONSITE(around HK: Guangzhou,Macau,Shenzhen,Taiwan,etc) | 20-40h per week, freelancers/full-timers/part-timers
Sorry for the vague description but I can tell you more about the product we're building when you apply. Hopefully I can attract you in a sufficient way with our tech stack! (see below). [NOTE: this is not a pie-in-the-sky venture, you would be joining a team who has a 1.5+year-old working product, with prospects of new greenfield products built around the first.]
- Build engineer: you are a Linux-er who has some past experience building deb or rpm packages, are excited about reproducible builds, and are willing to learn (if you don't already know) new things such as snap or flatpak. gitlabCI and/or githubActions is a plus. (Might do some DevOps work after we come out of stealth mode as well; with Pulumi and RedShift.)
- C#/.NET developer: generics, LINQ, VisualStudio, EntityFramework et al are your bread and butter. You value the diversity that comes from learning other languages and tech-stacks but also the stability that a robust platform like .NET provides, which you based your career on. Desirable to be familiar with Xamarin, but not required. F# is a plus.
- Rust developer: you dealt with C/C++/Objective-C in the past but are ready to move on. However, you're still not convinced about garbage collected languages, so you have been looking at Rust lately, or willing to learn it. You're not a smart-ass though, so you would be excited to expose your Rust code's API to be consumed by higher level languages.
- FP developer: you value immutability and lack of side effects because you have lived the nightmares of race conditions and heisenbugs in your career. You're disgusted with most job positions out there because the tech-stack described in most of them don't look safe enough to be serious (sure they can build snapchats with them, but not robust software that would end up being used by NASA or Waymo). Desirable to be familiar with F#.
- SmartContracts/blockchain developer: you've used/developed smart contracts in languages such as Ivy, MiniScript, or Solidity(EVM), or are willing to learn this technology. Desirable to have familiarity with atomic swaps, HTLCs or zero knowledge proofs. Excited about things like bitcoin-lightning, ethereum, mimblewimble/grin, DAI, etc
Important perk for all positions: all the code/scripts you'll write (being paid of course) will be opensource, at least for the first 2months.
Write me at email@example.com
PS: Abstain from applying if you expect a lead/managerial role, because the team is not yet big enough to need extra leadership for now.
PS II: In case you're only interested in joining part-time, note: I wouldn't find it acceptable if you join us to work remotely part-time while keeping your full-time job. Part-time only works with your own side-projects, or other additional part-time job (because resting is important).