TikTok | Software Engineer | Full Time| Singapore/United States/London | Global Hiring VISA SPONSORSHIP
I am a software engineering from TikTok, a short video product company you might already know. I am trying to make extra money by referring talents who are looking and don't mind to join ByteDance. Free free to reach me and ready for any consultant.
Sea Group | Research Scientist, Research Engineer, Research Intern | Singapore | https://sail.sea.com/ | Sea Group AI lab's mission is to focus on crucial practical demands, dig deep in AI fundamental research, dedicated to improve people’s lives. Research Scientist: https://career.sea.com/position/399
Research Engineer: https://career.sea.com/position/427
Research Intern: https://career.sea.com/position/412
Contact: @Kayla: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kaylajs/
Symmetry Investments | Many Varied Roles | REMOTE or VISA (London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey) | D, Julia, Kotlin, other functional and systems languages | Full-Time, Fixed Term, Flexible
## Roles we are hiring for
- Business Analysts: business analysis, documentation, team and tool design
- Native Code Developers: We are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D. Our experience has been that strong C and C++ developers can learn D quite quickly.
- Functional Developers to work with Practitioners using Symmetry Integration Language to deliver value to the business.
- Documentation: At Symmetry we recognise the value of writing and have for example a Pulitzer prize-winning former WSJ journalist and a maintainer of Linux Kernel Newbies documentation. We are looking for people to write technical documentation and to document data structures and processes (open to varying range of technical ability depending on the project).
- Designers for documentation. Now that non-programming internal work is moving to markdown in git, we are hiring designers to work on templates and mini-logos for documentation and other work.
- Data Science: time series analysis in particular, including high frequency data sets that are too big for simple tools
- Information Security: incident response, threat intelligence, vuln management
- Platform: Platform as Code, Site Reliability Engineers, Windows desktop support; frontline server support and administration; application support
- Legal and Compliance: #lawyerswhocode or who are very comfortable working with markdown in git
- Accounting: are you the sort of person who would use #ledger-cli ? If so, we would like to hear from you.
- Business: risk, operations, administrative, organisational design and business strategy, investor relations processes
- Investment: Economics, Quant, Portfolio Research, Investment Research, Portfolio Management and Trading
- Market Data: contract administration, data cleaning, alternative data research and management
Location: Remote or sponsorship for a visa in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey
Term: full-time permanent, fixed-term contract, flexible hours.
- Dlang (D)
- we do not use but value experience in modern C++, beautiful C, Haskell, Ocaml, Rust, Elm
## Qualities and traits we value
- Courage and daring
- Phronesis (practical wisdom), common sense and commercial orientation
- Practical people who are at the same time unreasonable when they ought to be
- Highly individual people oriented to promoting survival and flourishing of the group
- Inclination and ability to notice and understand links between seemingly-unrelated things
- Extreme motivation
- Mechanical sympathy
- Extreme and unusual intellectual capabilities
- A love of tinkering
- Good taste and love of beauty
## About Us
Symmetry Investments is a post startup USD 7+ billion alternative asset management company with around 230 people across multiple time zones and locations.
Our core technology team has been remote-first for some time, and the whole company is following suit, post-COVID.
I'm one of the three people running the firm, responsible amongst other things for technology across the firm and I’m posting this myself. That should give you an idea both about how seriously we take technology and the culture of the firm.
We are four years into a period of transformation from what was initially a fairly standard enterprise finance technology approach to something new that recognises the importance of both the humane and the technical for discretionary portfolio management and for the business of running an alternative investment manager. [Amaury Sechet](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR4PSExnqk), [Andrei Alexandrescu](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U7WAlKpQ) and [Atila Neves](https://dlang.org/blog/2019/10/15/my-vision-of-ds-future/) have been working with us as long-term consultants and we have many other talented people with lower public profiles.
It's not easy to integrate practitioners who may spend most of their day programming, but are oriented towards solving business problems, with developers who are specialists in programming. To achieve this, we wrote a little functional DSL that's now in production. Type inference of returns and parameters using inequality constraints is in a feature branch and there is plenty more to do on the language itself as well as the ecosystem around it. SIL can compile and call C++ and D at runtime; Python interop is in alpha; and C# is on the way. What might be a project in itself elsewhere can be just a set of functions in Symmetry Integration Language.
The language is written in D and we have a close involvement with the D Foundation and community, hosting DConf in London. So we are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D as well as people to work with practitioners writing Symmetry Integration Language. Also looking for people to write documentation and work on the build.
It's quite a creative place where we encourage a degree of courage amidst practical constraints, and we are open to doing things a different way if it's commercially sound and in the interests of our investors.
We look for virtues and capabilities over only experience and credentials although those things aren't a disadvantage. Do not let a lack of credentials or qualifications prevent you from applying. We've recently hired experts with C++, Common Lisp, D, Haxe, Haskell, Julia and Perl backgrounds, and are happy to bring them up to speed with the tools we use.
Compensation is currently not quite at Netflix standards but is generous to very generous over time by broad technology industry standards. We recognise and reward technical accomplishment and have a very flat structure - don't be surprised if our founder and CIO starts asking you questions about your work.
## Symmetry Talks
- Presenting SIL-cling to Compiler Research Group at Princeton (https://youtu.be/7teqrCNzrD8)
- Symmetry Internship Project - calling C++ from SIL (http://dconf.org/2020/online/index.html#alexandru)
- All Spreadsheets Must Die (https://youtu.be/FZi9CSB9_kk)
- Lessons from a DSL where all you have is Ranges (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtuzSlKRmzA)
- Alternative Investment Management (https://youtu.be/1rMq-4rWgis)
- Symmetry GitHub (https://github.com/symmetryinvestments)
- Please apply using this link (https://jobs.lever.co/symmetryinvestments/c8a9b95e-bdf0-459c...).
SimplePay | Ruby on Rails Developers | UTC+0 to UTC+8 | REMOTE
SimplePay is a profitable, developer-owned online payroll software company, with solid annual growth. Our software lets 21,000 small business owners (and their accountants) run their South African, Ireland, Singapore and Hong Kong payrolls without headaches, so they can focus on the challenge of building their businesses. We're also developing new product lines.
Our development team was already mostly remote pre-pandemic. We have a very supportive culture, and are putting a lot of thought into ensuring remote work is happy work.
Do you believe SPAs are overkill for most apps, but wouldn't mind digging into Vue.js for pages that will benefit from the increased interactivity? Do you laugh when people give up the power of SQL DBs in favour of data stores that don't offer any benefits for their use case? If so, you may fit in well with our mindset.
Experience: Ruby on Rails. If you've used other web frameworks and are keen to get into Rails we'd definitely consider you! Just be sure to mention that in your application. The work is mostly on the back-end, but some front-end skills are welcome - we're doing more and more interactive things with Vue.js.
Location: UTC+0 to UTC+8
Please apply at https://teamsimplepay.applytojob.com/apply/k3nsnahdKv/Experi... and attach your resume / CV in PDF format. In the "Cover Letter" section of the application, please include 1) the time zone in which you reside, and 2) a link to a PR created or an issue logged for an open source project (no matter how small or long ago) as the first two lines. Also tell us why you would like to join SimplePay.
Mimo | Dubai, Singapore, Switzerland, Lithuania | Remote (best) or Onsite
We are looking for Rust, React (preferably with Typescript and or with experience with React Native), and Solidity developers to build consumer finance tools leveraging blockchain infrastructure and bridging it with the traditional finance world. Through our DeFi platform, we’ve made a decentralized euro stablecoin, and we’re currently expanding our product offering.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing and well-funded startup with a tech team mixing specialists and generalists with a successful track record. At Mimo, a significant part of our management speaks code, so we respect developers a lot and do not get in their way.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with production software development practices like heavy testing and code review. We have top industry players audit our blockchain code, so we tend to have high standards. Flexibility in language preferences is greatly appreciated as well.
Familiarity with the cryptocurrency ecosystem is a plus but not a must, as long as the interest is very strong.
We pay very competitively, are flexible with hours and location, and are hiring developers and DeFi specialists.
Please reach out to my username at mimo.capital to learn more!
Bitmex | Data | CA (BC) / SG / Remote (VISA)
USD 1 trillion turnover a year; ~100TB of relational internal data now, PB-scale external sources later; Redshift, PostgreSQL, Tableau, legacy Python but open to Haskell/Mercury/Idris on Nix, Rust, Zio, Kotlin, OCaml for new projects.
Spend the morning supporting users then handover to the next time zone. Afternoon is for undisturbed R&D, where I expect most of your (replicable) experiments to fail. Ongoing experiments include alpha capture systems, generating implied vol history or 20x lossless compression through normalisation.
Mid and junior roles, if possible in time zones UTC-08 to -06 or +00 to +02. Work entirely remotely, subject to regulatory considerations. We can relocate you to Vancouver or Singapore.
Process: “CAPTCHA” filter question > ~1-4h take home to test skills meet baseline > 2-4 calls with end users and team (no whiteboard) > offer > background check/visa.
Apply here: https://grnh.se/66d1bc4d2us
Merkle Science (https://www.merklescience.com)| India/US/Remote | Full-Time | Multiple roles
At Merkle Science, we are creating the infrastructure necessary to ensure the safe and healthy growth of the industry, supporting the transition as cryptocurrencies consolidate with the $22 trillion financial services market. Merkle Science envisions a world powered by crypto. We are the architects enabling crypto companies — trailblazers and disruptors who are pushing the boundaries of innovation — to scale and mature so that a full range of individuals, entities, and services may transact with crypto safely. We are located across the globe with offices in Singapore, London, Bangalore and New York (upcoming). Merkle Science was founded in early 2019. Today we boast of over 60 customers, and we are just getting started.
If you're interested, shoot out an email to email@example.com, or apply through our careers page at https://careers.merklescience.com
Zetl | Country Leads | Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Australia, SEA | Onsite | Full Time | https://www.zetl.com
Zetl provides revenue-based financing to the next generation of businesses in APAC. We've been post-revenue in Singapore and Hong Kong for two years, grew revenues 3x in 2020, are on target to grow 5x in 2021, and have just raised a Seed round to scale our solutions regionally!
We're looking for a variety of roles across the region, starting with Country Leads who will get us set up locally and help us find our first pilot customers in Australia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, and Vietnam. Our ideal candidates are entrepreneurial (have started, or wanted to start their own business before), have some experience in finance/fintech, and are based in the region. For the right candidate we can support visas as well.
More information about the roles and what it's like at Zetl at https://jobs.zetl.com/board