https://emailoctopus.com | LONDON UK / MANCHESTER UK / VANCOUVER CA | ONSITE OR REMOTE
EmailOctopus was created in 2014 by two brothers. Today, we’re a small but mighty team on a mission to make email marketing easier and more affordable.
We're looking for talented people who can do any of the following:
- PHP and Symfony/Laravel
Email jonathan [@companyname] .com
STREAMLABS | VANCOUVER, CANADA | Full-time | Onsite | VISA PROVIDED | https://streamlabs.com
Streamlabs offers the #1 ranked tools for streamers. We build tools and software allowing live streamers to engage with viewers, monetize their broadcasts, and grow their channels. We have paid out over $275m to streamers since 2014.
- (URGENT) iOS Engineer - https://jobs.lever.co/streamlabs/e3d6b062-a4d1-4e17-bdd7-188...
- Backend Software Engineer - https://jobs.lever.co/streamlabs/9882f0a8-5cd8-476f-932e-5b3...
- Visual Designer - https://jobs.lever.co/streamlabs/c1cb72f0-75a1-4faf-8b86-86d...
Check out more opening: https://jobs.lever.co/streamlabs
Asana | New York City, San Francisco, and Vancouver | Onsite | https://asana.com/jobs Build the future of teamwork.
Asana helps teams organize and manage all of their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 60,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters most, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. For the last three years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
Some open roles:
* Software Engineer, Product, in Vancouver: https://grnh.se/17c436191
* Software Engineer, Android in San Francisco: https://grnh.se/7682b4df1
* Software Engineer, Mobile Infrastructure in San Francisco: https://grnh.se/e6f160201
* Data Scientist in New York City: https://grnh.se/64abbada1
* All open Engineering positions: https://asana.com/jobs/engineering
Segment | Engineering | San Francisco, CA & Vancouver, BC | Full-Time | Onsite + Remote for senior engineers
Segment is building the customer data platform for everyone. We transform data and route to over 200 different integrations, adding new ones every day. We're processing billions of events daily and maintain the analytics infrastructure for companies like DigitalOcean, Instacart, New Relic, and Docker. Our goal is to help companies learn from how their users interact with the products to build even better products. We also like to share our work and what we learn, here are some recent examples:
- https://segment.com/blog/the-tools-of-today-arent-the-tools-... - https://segment.com/blog/show-hn-to-series-d/ - https://segment.com/blog/we-test-in-production-you-should-to... - https://segment.com/blog/secure-access-to-100-aws-accounts - https://segment.com/blog/why-status-codes-matter-in-data-del... - https://segment.com/blog/goodbye-microservices - https://segment.com/blog/2018-in-review/ - https://open.segment.com/
Awesense | Cleantech | Frontend / Full Stack Developer | Vancouver, Canada | ONSITE
We help electric utilities modernize their grid with our hardware devices and cloud-based grid analytics platform. Our goal is to transform the planet into one that is fuelled by modern, reliable and clean energy.
We are hiring an intermediate/senior developer with a frontend focus. You will work in a small team of talented developers, participate in technical and UI design decision making from the very beginning of development lifecycle process, and lead the frontend architecture design. This job comes with interesting challenges of data presentation on the map and using other visualization tools. Our tech stack is React on the frontend, and Python, Scala and Spark on the backend. We offer good work-life balance, friendly environment to work in, and an opportunity to reduce global emissions and thus improve the world's wellbeing.
If you are interested, send us your resume at https://www.awesense.com/about/front-end-engineer/
SmartTix | VP Engineering (Blockchain) | Vancouver, Canada | Onsite (remote considered for exceptional candidates)
SmartTix by Byzantine Labs is a mobile ticketing solution powered by blockchain technology that allows a fairer, faster and more fun process for events ticketing. Our near-term goal is to eliminate unfair ticket scalping by the black market.
We are in the prototyping stage and are currently seeking a Vice President of Engineering (Blockchain) to lead the technical aspects of our efforts. This position could quickly grow into a co-founder/CTO position.
For more information, please check out our job posting here: http://byzantinelabs.strikingly.com/#we-re-hiring
If you're interested, please send an email with your resume attached with the headline "VP Engineering HN" to firstname.lastname@example.org, we're eager to hear from you!
UrbanLogiq | https://www.urbanlogiq.com | FT On-site Senior Software Engineer | FT On-site Software Engineer | FT UX Designer | Vancouver, Canada UrbanLogiq, a venture-backed startup with offices in Vancouver and New York, and graduate of the 500 Startups program, has a mission to help governments and public servants unlock the insights hidden in their data to help build better communities.
Our cloud-based platform aggregates existing disparate data sources, automates key workflows found in government, augments existing data sources with complementary and supplementary data streams, and provides analytics to give planners and engineers a more complete and thorough view of the situations they need to make decisions on. From small cities, like the City of Delta, to large cities, like the City of San Jose, to regional levels like the Province of British Columbia, our goal is to bring actionable intelligence to all levels of government regardless of size.
More details on these particular positions can be found here:
Senior Software Engineer - https://urbanlogiq.breezy.hr/p/6099b41b81f7-senior-software-...
Software Engineer - https://urbanlogiq.breezy.hr/p/6cf22c91536c-software-enginee...
UX Designer - https://urbanlogiq.breezy.hr/p/d92a431f87e0-ux-designer
Lumen5 | Mobile, Graphics, and ML engineers | Vancouver, BC | Fulltime, Onsite | https://lumen5.com
We're a startup (14 people so far) that is growing quickly! We're writing software that uses machine learning to convert text content into video. We've found that what we're building is very attractive to marketing teams from lots of different organizations and we've got tons of interesting search, NLP, artificial intelligence, video rendering, and web scaling technical challenges. Right now, we're hiring:
- Mobile Developer: we haven't built a mobile app before, so this is a great chance to work on something really greenfield. You'll set up the whole architecture, decide which tools we use, how we release updates, and drive the direction of our mobile development! Looking for some React Native experience https://lumen5.workable.com/j/B2928CA74B
- Machine Learning Engineer: specializing in NLP problems like document summarization and understanding, topic extraction, and recommendation systems. https://lumen5.workable.com/j/964B167919
Adacado (https://www.adacado.com) | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full-time, Onsite | Senior and Intermediate positions
You have over 5 years of coding and web application expertise in a senior or intermediate developer role, and want to do more innovative coding and MUCH less mundane operations support.
Adacado is looking for expert programmers to enrich our development skill pool and help take our application to the next level, innovatively and technically. You’re the type of developer that is never satisfied. You strive to create new technologies/design patterns, and/or completely abandoning current systems and undertaking complete re-builds, using all the latest technology. You thrive in doing something that has never been done before.
“Fail often, fail fast.”
The Adacado SAAS platform (and its roadmap) creates many interesting technical challenges. Adacado is built on Kubernetes, Golang, Vue, and ES6, and utilizes Node, Postgres, Kafka, Aerospike, and ElasticSearch. We manage an ever growing army of microservices with special care in making our applications performant, available, and scalable.
As a developer at Adacado you will take part in designing/reviewing/writing critical application services, as well as mentoring and teaching other developers with your expertise. You will collaborate closely with teammates to implement and ship new functions in a fast paced environment where you catch errors and deploy same-day fixes on a regular basis. You feel a personal pride in the code that you produce and enjoy a culture of friendly coding ‘one-upmanship’. You aren’t afraid of spending time to try something and then throw it out all-together to start anew if it doesn’t fit the bill. You enjoy discussing design patterns and problem solving with your colleagues.
The Adacado Team Everyone at Adacado believes in our product, making our group close knit. We live through our trials and tribulations together (often over great Vancouver craft beer or other libations). Our staff are our most valuable resource.
We provide our team members with competitive compensation with benefits and stock options, liberal time off, flexible work hours and telecommuting, and a generous skills-development/education budget. All developers also receive a standup-desk, dual monitors, and a nerf gun (yes, a nerf gun). Adacado is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, close to public transit. Everyday is casual day in the office and we provide a fully stocked kitchen with snacks. We also serve lunch hot and fresh every Friday, and have in-office craft beer and wine parties and bi-annual company retreats.
Location This is role will be based in our Vancouver office and applicants must be elligible to work in Canada. Remote applicants WILL NOT be considered.
To apply, send us an email: email@example.com www.adacado.com
Cmd | Multiple Positions | Vancouver, BC | Onsite | Full Time, Contract | https://www.cmd.com
We're a Vancouver-based cybersecurity startup on a mission to transform the way enterprise businesses secure their cloud-first Linux environments. Our mission is to help companies reliably log, understand, predict, and control user behavior in their Linux environment (learn more at https://cmd.com/about/). We’re just under 30 people but have an exciting year of growth ahead of us. Questions? Email them to careers[AT]cmd[DOT]com.
What matters to us?
- You're naturally curious, interested in expanding your knowledge of the world and your self-awareness
- You're humble and selfless, willing to step in and help a teammate
- Others are inspired by your quiet competence and respect for others
- You thrive in ambiguous situations, making an informed decision based on the information you have available
- You take the lead, gathering the information you need in order to get your job done
Highlighted Open Roles:
- C Linux Software Developer (Full time, Vancouver) https://bit.ly/cmdclinuxdev
- Linux Automation Specialist (Full time, Vancouver) https://bit.ly/cmdlinuxauto
- Team Lead, Go Backend (Full time, Vancouver) http://bit.ly/cmdleadgobackend
- Data Engineer (8-month full time contract, Vancouver or Victoria) https://bit.ly/cmddataengresearch
- Sales Engineer (Full time, Multiple locations in US) https://bit.ly/cmdsaleseng
- UX Designer (Full time, Vancouver) https://bit.ly/cmduxdesign
- I’m awesome (Flexible) https://bit.ly/cmdimawesome
Streak | YC S11 | Senior Backend & Frontend Engineers | Vancouver, BC | Full Time | Onsite
* Problem: Make Gmail powerful for all businesses * Product: We build a sales/hiring/fundraising/dealflow tool all inside Gmail. We believe these workflows belong entirely in your inbox because thats where people spend their entire day. * Traction: Product market fit, hundreds of thousands of users, tens of thousands of paying users * Funding: $2M seed, profitable and growing ever since * Stack: Java, Kotlin, Golang, React, all the modern JS tooling - built on GCP, largest user of Google Cloud Spanner We just opened our Vancouver engineering office and its fully integrated into our SF office. We're looking to grow the team significantly in Vancouver and offer really competitive compensation and amazing benefits.
Interested? Visit and apply at www.streak.com/offices/vancouver