Man Group Alpha Tech | Quant Python Engineer | London, UK | Onsite | Full Time
As a Quant Python Engineer in Alpha Tech at Man you will be building the tools, frameworks, libraries and applications which power our Quantitative Research and Systematic Trading. This includes responsibility for the continued success of “Raptor”, our in-house Quant Platform, next generation Data Engineering, and evolution of our production Trading System as we continually expand the markets and types of assets we trade, and the styles in which we trade them. Your challenges will be varied and might involve building new high performance data acquisition and processing pipelines, cluster-computing solutions, numerical algorithms, position management systems, visualisation and reporting tools, operational user interfaces, continuous build systems and other developer productivity tools.
Our systems are almost all running on Linux and most of our code is in Python, with the full scientific stack: numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn to name a few of the libraries we use extensively. We implement the systems that require the highest data throughput in Java. For storage, we rely heavily on MongoDB and Oracle.
We use Airflow for workflow management, Kafka for data pipelines, Bitbucket for source control, Jenkins for continuous integration, Grafana + Prometheus for metrics collection, ELK for log shipping and monitoring, Docker for containerisation, OpenStack for our private cloud, Ansible for architecture automation, and HipChat for internal communication. But our technology list is never static: we constantly evaluate new tools and libraries.
Alpha Tech has a small company, no-attitude feel. It is flat structured, open, transparent and collaborative, and you will have plenty of opportunity to grow and have enormous impact on what we do. We are actively engaged with the broader technology community.
o We host and sponsor London’s PyData and Machine Learning Meetups o We open-source some of our technology. See https://github.com/man-group o We regularly talk at leading industry conferences, and tweet about relevant technology and how we’re using it. See @manquanttech Essential Skills o Exceptional technology skills; recognised by your peers as an expert in your domain o A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches o Expert knowledge in one or more programming languages, preferably Python, Java and/or C/C++ o Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages o Strong knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies e.g. Oracle, MongoDB o Proficient with a range of open source frameworks and development tools e.g. NumPy/SciPy/Pandas, Pyramid, AngularJS, React o Familiarity with a variety of programming styles (e.g. OO, functional) and in-depth knowledge of design patterns.
If you're interested, please get in touch with Milly Parrott firstname.lastname@example.org
Off World Live | C++ / Unreal / Graphics Programmer | ONSITE London, UK or UK REMOTE | https://offworld.live
We're a london-based company (see our instagram @offworldlive / website https://offworld.live) and we have an alpha plugin for streaming 360 video from Unreal Engine while giving remote audiences realtime interactions with the virtual game world. In addition to the plugin we also often involved in providing realtime visualisations for live performances (music / art).
We're looking to hire a full time C++ developer to help us build the next iteration of our product.
We're very open-minded, but interest / experience in video compression / writing shaders in unreal / unreal c++ would be a big plus. However we will certainly consider somebody with good experience in a strongly-typed systems language (e.g C, Rust, Go, C# etc)
Our tech touches on a lot of interesting areas: render pipelines, shaders, video compression and games engines.
Ideally we are looking for somebody in the London area, but are very open to remote UK workers. The same goes for flexible working hours.
Due to our funding situation (we have been awarded an innovate uk grant) this position will run for at least a year.
Email a CV or ask us any questions by our email at email@example.com
[still-unnamed startup in stealth mode] | REMOTE or ONSITE(around HK: Guangzhou,Macau,Shenzhen,Taiwan,etc) | 20-40h per week, freelancers/full-timers/part-timers
Sorry for the vague description but I can tell you more about the product we're building when you apply. Hopefully I can attract you in a sufficient way with our tech stack! (see below). [NOTE: this is not a pie-in-the-sky venture, you would be joining a team who has a 1.5+year-old working product, with prospects of new greenfield products built around the first.]
- Build engineer: you are a Linux-er who has some past experience building deb or rpm packages, are excited about reproducible builds, and are willing to learn (if you don't already know) new things such as snap or flatpak. gitlabCI and/or githubActions is a plus. (Might do some DevOps work after we come out of stealth mode as well; with Pulumi and RedShift.)
- C#/.NET developer: generics, LINQ, VisualStudio, EntityFramework et al are your bread and butter. You value the diversity that comes from learning other languages and tech-stacks but also the stability that a robust platform like .NET provides, which you based your career on. Desirable to be familiar with Xamarin, but not required. F# is a plus.
- Rust developer: you dealt with C/C++/Objective-C in the past but are ready to move on. However, you're still not convinced about garbage collected languages, so you have been looking at Rust lately, or willing to learn it. You're not a smart-ass though, so you would be excited to expose your Rust code's API to be consumed by higher level languages.
- FP developer: you value immutability and lack of side effects because you have lived the nightmares of race conditions and heisenbugs in your career. You're disgusted with most job positions out there because the tech-stack described in most of them don't look safe enough to be serious (sure they can build snapchats with them, but not robust software that would end up being used by NASA or Waymo). Desirable to be familiar with F#.
- SmartContracts/blockchain developer: you've used/developed smart contracts in languages such as Ivy, MiniScript, or Solidity(EVM), or are willing to learn this technology. Desirable to have familiarity with atomic swaps, HTLCs or zero knowledge proofs. Excited about things like bitcoin-lightning, ethereum, mimblewimble/grin, DAI, etc
Important perk for all positions: all the code/scripts you'll write (being paid of course) will be opensource, at least for the first 2months.
Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
PS: Abstain from applying if you expect a lead/managerial role, because the team is not yet big enough to need extra leadership for now.
PS II: In case you're only interested in joining part-time, note: I wouldn't find it acceptable if you join us to work remotely part-time while keeping your full-time job. Part-time only works with your own side-projects, or other additional part-time job (because resting is important).
Automattic | Remote Global | Remote Only | https://automattic.com
We’re the people behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, Tumblr, and more. We’re passionate about democratizing publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
To learn more about who we are, our engineering culture read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/automattic
Here are some of our open roles:
* Developer Advocate, WooCommerce: https://automattic.com/work-with-us/developer-advocate-wooco...
* Mobile Engineers (Android/iOS): https://automattic.com/work-with-us/mobile-engineers/
* Mobile Infrastructure Engineer: https://automattic.com/work-with-us/mobile-infrastructure-en...
* Software Engineer (Back-End): https://automattic.com/work-with-us/software-engineer/
* Enterprise Engineer (VIP): https://wpvip.com/careers/vip-enterprise-engineer/
* Enterprise Platform Engineer (VIP): https://wpvip.com/careers/enterprise-platform-engineer/
* Senior WordPress Engineer (VIP): https://wpvip.com/careers/senior-wordpress-engineer/
Mobile: Kotlin, Swift, Java, Objective-C, React Native, and Electron.
Systems: Docker, Nginx, PHP, C, Lua, MySQL, MongoDB, Node.js, Statsd, Graphite, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Hadoop, MogileFS, HDFS, and BGP.
Crane Payment Innovations | www.cranepi.com| ONSITE (Greater Philadelphia Area) | Full-time | Base + bonus
We are the global leader in world class automated payment solutions, with products in over 140 countries generating 4B transactions per week. We offer a range of devices for bill and coin validation, cash recycling and dispensing systems, IoT applications for our enterprise-level connected products and services, and software applications to integrate sensory hardware to machines and networks. And yes, you've touched our technology.
Our global engineers develop products and innovative solutions in currency validation technologies, cash management systems, digital payment technologies, mobile applications, security and digital advertising.
We are hiring for the following Engineering roles: * Software Engineer (Linux Platforms) - 5+ yrs exp. - C/C++, BSP, SDK, kernel development, intelligent telematics * Associate Software Engineer - 2-3 yrs exp. - C/C++, RTOS, embedded software * Cloud Architect (senior level) - AWS, AWS IoT, cutting-edge SaaS platform * Software Engineer (Support Tools) - C#, .NET Core, C++
We also have opportunities for Project Manager (must have DMFEA exp.) and PCB Design Engineer/ECAD Librarian.
Skills listed are "must haves". A lot of cool tech coming up from R&D.
For full role descriptions/listings: https://www.cranepi.com/en/careers/opportunities-usa
Thanks for taking a look!
Graphcore | Hiring in Palo Alto, Seattle & Korea | Onsite, Fulltime
Graphcore is the most exciting AI hardware start-up in the world. We are building a new class of processor – the “Intelligence Processing Unit”, or IPU – designed from the ground up to both deliver breakthrough performance and efficiency on today’s Deep Learning workloads and to enable innovators to create the next generations of machine intelligence algorithms. Graphcore has an experienced, world-class (and rapidly growing!) team with products coming to market very soon. Customer demand for our technology is overwhelming – we can choose to partner with the leading organizations in the field.
• AI Engineer/Machine Learning
◦ Customer-facing role, focusing on AI/Deep Learning, ideally also with C/C++ or Python background
◦ Palo Alto, Seattle, and Korea
◦ BS and MS/PHD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical field bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
• Sales Global Account Manager
◦ Responsible for selling Graphcore’s Products to a number of key global customers
◦ 10+ year experience in sales or business development with a track record of driving business
◦ BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical field bachelor’s degree required. MBA is a plus
◦ Palo Alto
Please email resumes to email@example.com
International Brain Laboratory | Software engineer, IT Support Officer | New York, Lisbon, or London | Full-time | https://www.internationalbrainlab.com/opportunities#jobs
The International Brain Laboratory has openings for postdoctoral fellows and scientific staff who will play key roles in a new large-scale international collaboration in brain research.
The IBL combines the efforts of approximately 50 scientists in 20 laboratories toward understanding the brain-wide basis of a complex behavior.
The project will involve recording the activity of millions of neurons in the working brain and building mathematical models of the resulting data. The data sets this project will produce are vast and complex, including physiological recordings, behavioural measurements, and video, all of which must be standardized into common formats, integrated into a single database, and subjected to quality control. Core staff positions will support the both experimental and theoretical work through the entire data life cycle, including acquisition, analysis, modeling and dissemination.
Remuneration will be competitive and commensurate with experience. There is considerable flexibility in base location within the U.S. and Europe.
Technical environment: Python, Django, PostgreSQL, NumPy, MATLAB, C, OpenGL, hardware & electronics...
Juniper Square | SF, USA | Full Time | ONSITE | Senior Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Frontend Engineer, Backend Engineer
Juniper Square is making the world's private capital markets as transparent, efficient, accountable and accessible as the public markets.
Headquarters are in San Francisco's financial district a short walk from BART. We offer competitive compensation, equity, and benefits. We just closed our series C, and our investors include Redpoint, Ribbit, Felicis, Zigg, and Maiden Lane.
The best part about working here is the earnest respect everyone in the company shows one another; we're just genuinely kind people.
Doctype | Software engineer with reverse engineering skills / Anti-cheat engineer | Stockholm, Sweden | ONSITE, VISA or REMOTE (worldwide) | Full-time | https://www.doctype.se/
We're a small digital agency based in Stockholm, Sweden. Currently around 15 people. We have an office in the heart of Stockholm, but our employees are free to work from wherever they feel most productive. We've built https://lemondogs.com/, https://www.gothiaecup.com/, https://beta.esportal.se/, amongst other websites. Our largest clients are within the eSports segment.
We’re currently looking for a software engineer with reverse engineering skills to work with us on client-sided anti-cheat technology. The project you would be working on is a standalone client built in C/C++, Go and Assembly. Our current tech stack is mainly Go, MariaDB and React.
* Good understanding of C and x86-64 assembly
* Good understanding of the x86 architecture
* Good understanding of the Windows NT kernel
* Good grasp of reverse engineering
* Eager to learn
Nice to have:
* Experience with reverse engineering malware/cheats/games, the windows NT kernel
* Experience with binary instrumentation
* Experience with hardware-assisted virtualization (such as VT-x and AMD-V), SLAT (Second Level Address Translation) (e.g. EPT, NPT)
* Understanding cryptography primitives
The role we’re looking to fill is full-time. You’ll be working together with another anti-cheat engineer to combat cheaters in video games. We can offer relocation to Sweden and assist with housing. Feel free to mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if this sounds interesting to you!