Automattic | Remote Global | Remote Only | https://automattic.com
We’re the people behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, Tumblr, and more. We’re passionate about democratizing publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world. As CEO Matt Mullenweg says, “We’re building the operating system for a more open, integrated, and user centric web. With more than 1,000 people distributed over 75 countries, we’re constantly iterating.”
To learn more about who we are, our engineering culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/automattic
Here are our open roles:
- Software Engineer (Code Wrangler): https://automattic.com/work-with-us/software-engineer/
- Mobile Engineers (Android & iOS): https://automattic.com/work-with-us/mobile-engineers/
- Mobile Infrastructure Engineer: https://automattic.com/work-with-us/mobile-infrastructure-en...
- Systems Wrangler: https://automattic.com/work-with-us/systems-wrangler/
Mobile: Kotlin, Swift, Java, Objective-C, React Native, and Electron.
Systems: Docker, Nginx, PHP, C, Lua, MySQL, MongoDB, Node.js, Statsd, Graphite, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Hadoop, MogileFS, HDFS, and BGP.
Data: Hive, Impala, HBase, Spark, HDFS, Python, Java, Scala, Kafka, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Solr, and Lucene.
Tesla | Various | Palo Alto; Bellevue | Intern/Full Time Tesla has many open positions for interns and full time candidates. Please apply online send an email with your resume to vehiclesoftwarerecruiting@. Please make your subject line: HN <req_id> so we can filter appropriately. ---
- Site Reliability (Linux, networking, storage/virtualization) - https://bit.ly/2jXRXI2
- Backend (Go, network programming) - https://bit.ly/2k24U3I
- Product Security - https://bit.ly/2lPSxbk
- Embedded Systems Security - https://bit.ly/2lPSyMq
- Infotainment UI (C++) - https://bit.ly/2lA89j2
- Rendering Engineer (C, C++) - https://bit.ly/2kpHeGz
- Systems Software, Autopilot (C, C++) - https://bit.ly/2lYC2Kj
- Software Engineer, Mobile (Objective C, Android) - https://bit.ly/2lApaJU
- Software Engineer, Charging & Power Conversion (Embedded C) - https://bit.ly/2lWDKfc
- Machine Learning Infr, Autopilot (Python, C, C++) - https://bit.ly/2lxuttJ
- Data Tools (Haskell, Python) - https://bit.ly/2jT0Nqq
- System Validation, Powertrain Thermals (Python, EE/ME background) - https://bit.ly/2lWDQn4
- System Validation, High Voltage Systems (Python, EE background) - https://bit.ly/2jWCUOL
- Product Support Engineer (EE/ME background) - https://bit.ly/2kdBzDz
- Vehicle Integration (C, EE/ME background) - https://bit.ly/2lYBYdx
- Autopilot Systems Design/Functional Safety Engineer (C++) - https://bit.ly/2lQBFBh
- Deep Learning (Python) - https://bit.ly/2kg6hvQ
- Autopilot Software, Robotics (C++, Python) - https://bit.ly/2lsCRe1
- Frontend, AI Tooling - https://bit.ly/2k24XfU
- Backend, AI Tooling (Python, Scala, Spark) - https://bit.ly/2jXeW61
- Embedded - https://bit.ly/2oOu7kA
- Integration - https://bit.ly/2qmEJY1
- Full Stack - https://bit.ly/3297NiZ
- Software QA - https://bit.ly/2JL0CXS
- Embedded - https://bit.ly/2C7lynJ
- Full Stack - https://bit.ly/2PIVBD9
- Integration - https://bit.ly/2PGL7nE
- Software QA - https://bit.ly/2JOc7Ox
Synopsys | Senior Software Engineer, Static Analysis | San Francisco, CA | Full-time | ONSITE
The Static Analysis team is looking for an exceptional C/C++ developer to join the Coverity team. The job involves the creation of new code checks, evolving Coverity's state-of-the-art analysis infrastructure, optimizing multi-process and system code, and generally pushing the envelope of static analysis. The perfect candidate will have a strong passion for improving software quality and security-- perhaps some background in programming languages and static analysis-- and foremost a strong desire to learn.
This position is ideal if you: * Enjoy abstract reasoning about software systems. * Want to help find critical security vulnerabilities before they go live. * Have a desire to learn the latest programming languages, to compare and contrast their strengths and weaknesses.
You will work in our China Basin office in San Francisco, with easy access to Muni and Caltrain. This is a chance to dive deep into some challenging engineering problems, with the backing of a solid company and top-notch team of coworkers.
Apply at https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreL... or email ahurst at synopsys dot com
Foxbox Digital is looking for passionate and talented Software Engineers (React, Elixir) and Project Managers to join our engineering-focused product development agency. Do you take pride in your work, and want to constantly improve your skills? Do you want to work on a small team environment and want to be heard?
We build software for our clients using the latest software development and project management practices and we love what we do. We're a remote-first company based in Chicago and we'd love to have you on our team.
Software Engineer - React, React Native - REMOTE, C/S America https://foxbox.co/jobs/react-native-software-engineer/
Agile Project Manager - Chicago https://foxbox.co/jobs/pm/
Stateless | Boulder, CO | Onsite | stateless.net
At Stateless we are building something special. Not just in terms of a disruptive technology but also in terms of culture. A culture were people authentically personify our organizational values. Supportive. Sincere. Studious. Striving. Stateless.
Stateless is on a mission to reinvent network connectivity. Central to that was our initial innovation, where we demonstrated an ability to efficiently decouple state from processing in network functions—a task deemed infeasible in high-performance networking systems, but in doing so, we have opened the door for fundamentally changing how networks are built. Now, we are building the product around that vision. VCs have backed us, and early adopters have validated the business opportunity.
We are hiring for a variety of roles: from C++ Python and Kotlin developers to sales and support engineers.
* High Performance Network Programmer - https://boards.greenhouse.io/stateless/jobs/4285482002
* C/C++ Programmer - Networking Programmer (Mid to Senior Level) - https://boards.greenhouse.io/stateless/jobs/4375649002
* Software Engineer, Cloud Native Applications - https://boards.greenhouse.io/stateless/jobs/4425517002
* Python Developer (DevOps) - https://boards.greenhouse.io/stateless/jobs/4500957002
* Network Operations Engineer - https://boards.greenhouse.io/stateless/jobs/4441452002
* Sales Engineer - https://boards.greenhouse.io/stateless/jobs/4284897002
* QA Automation Architect (Network) - https://boards.greenhouse.io/stateless/jobs/4490991002
* DevOps Engineer - https://boards.greenhouse.io/stateless/jobs/4505060002
INFICON | Software Engineer | Onsite - Syracuse NY | Full Time | www.inficon.com
INFICON is a chemical technologies company that creates world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications.
We make products like the HAPSITE system which allows organizations (such as the EPA) to detect, analyze, and name unknown organic compounds at accident sites.
76 Software Engineering Group | Oklahoma City, OK | FULL-TIME | ONSITE | U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
If you are interested in learning more, please e-mail 76SMXG.Tinker.Careers@us.af.mil and tell them Jake sent you.
Qualys Inc. (qualys.com, NASDAQ: QLYS) | Foster City CA | ONSITE | Competitive salary, RSUs, 401(k) matching, bonuses, health benefits
Qualys is a provider of cloud security, compliance and related services for small and medium-sized businesses and large corporations.
We are looking for a capable, motivated engineer to help us update and maintain our backend infrastructure. The ideal candidate has good knowledge of Ceph. A demonstrable ability to learn new and complex technologies is a substitute for this requirement. Must have a good knowledge of Linux, VM infrastructure, databases, and preferably some experience with an S3-compatible object storage system. Solid programming experience in a language such as Java, C, Go, or Python is required, as is experience with networking, logging, and monitoring.
Contact jdavis@ our domain. No recruiters.
#erlang #c11 #go #rust #scala #ruby #typescript #react #opensource
comma.ai | engineers | San Diego | onsite | full-time We built an open-sourced self driving car (https://github.com/commaai/openpilot)
It does this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3XHXL9rzQM
Our stack is largely Python, with some C/C++ and JS(React). We're looking for:
An openpilot Engineer to develop openpilot through new features, code optimization and car ports.
A Machine Learning Engineer to build tools to track, analyze and fix failures of the driving system as well as work on our automatic ground truthing and ML pipeline.
Reach out with a GitHub/LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pex | Multiple positions | Downtown, Los Angeles, CA; Boulder, CO | ONSITE, FULL-TIME | https://angel.co/pexeso/jobs
Pex built one of the largest search engine for audio-visual content (https://softwareengineeringdaily.com/2018/06/22/video-search...) with primary focus on rights holders and creators.
We're looking for senior engineers for positions listed bellow:- QA to help us to deliver the best bug-free products to our clients - Lead Front-End engineer to lead our existing team of 4 and expand it beyond it current size - C/C++ to help us optimize our algorithms - signal processing and machine learning (mostly R&D) - DBA architect (Postgres [with Citus], FoundationDB, others) - Go and Java for work on our backend systems - DevOps and SRE folks to help us to scale our services For all employees, we offer: - equal salary within US (no matter where you live you are paid as in LA) - 30 days of paid vacation - fully covered health benefits (gold/platinum) [70% coverage for dependants] - 4 months paid parental leave - $300 monthly limit on work related expenses (commuting, books, ...) - covering all costs of visiting conferences, education, ... - 50 hour work week (including commute) If you want to learn more, reach out to use at email@example.com
[still-unnamed startup in stealth mode] | REMOTE or ONSITE(around HK: Guangzhou,Macau,Shenzhen,Taiwan,etc) | 20-40h per week, freelancers/full-timers/part-timers
Sorry for the vague description but I can tell you more about the product we're building when you apply. Hopefully I can attract you in a sufficient way with our tech stack! (see below). [NOTE: this is not a pie-in-the-sky venture, you would be joining a team who has a 1.5+year-old working product, with prospects of new greenfield products built around the first.]
- Build engineer: you are a Linux-er who has some past experience building deb or rpm packages, are excited about reproducible builds, and are willing to learn (if you don't already know) new things such as snap or flatpak. gitlabCI and/or githubActions is a plus. (Might do some DevOps work after we come out of stealth mode as well; with Pulumi and RedShift.)
- C#/.NET developer: generics, LINQ, VisualStudio, EntityFramework et al are your bread and butter. You value the diversity that comes from learning other languages and tech-stacks but also the stability that a robust platform like .NET provides, which you based your career on. Desirable to be familiar with Xamarin, but not required. F# is a plus.
- Rust developer: you dealt with C/C++/Objective-C in the past but are ready to move on. However, you're still not convinced about garbage collected languages, so you have been looking at Rust lately, or willing to learn it. You're not a smart-ass though, so you would be excited to expose your Rust code's API to be consumed by higher level languages.
- FP developer: you value immutability and lack of side effects because you have lived the nightmares of race conditions and heisenbugs in your career. You're disgusted with most job positions out there because the tech-stack described in most of them don't look safe enough to be serious (sure they can build snapchats with them, but not robust software that would end up being used by NASA or Waymo). Desirable to be familiar with F#.
- SmartContracts/blockchain developer: you've used/developed smart contracts in languages such as Ivy, MiniScript, or Solidity(EVM), or are willing to learn this technology. Desirable to have familiarity with atomic swaps, HTLCs or zero knowledge proofs. Excited about things like bitcoin, ethereum, mimblewimble/grin, DAI, etc
Important perk for all positions: all the code/scripts you'll write (being paid of course) will be opensource, at least for the first 3months.
Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
PS: Abstain from applying if you expect a lead/managerial role, because the team is not yet big enough to need extra leadership for now.
PS II: In case you're only interested in joining part-time, note: I wouldn't find it acceptable if you join us to work remotely part-time while keeping your full-time job. Part-time only works with your own side-projects, or other additional part-time job (because resting is important).
HAProxy Technologies | Software & Systems Engineers, Frontend developers | Waltham, MA | Paris, France | REMOTE HAProxy Technologies is the company behind the world's fastest and most widely used open-source software load balancer.
We're also seeking Senior Systems Engineers with open source experience.
We are looking to reinforce the development team of HAProxy and are looking for developers who have solid skills in Shell, C, HTTP, TCP/IP and uses Git. Knowledge of cloud environment is a plus. We are looking for people who are not afraid of patching the Linux Kernel and who can quickly become autonomous.
We are looking for Go developers with 2+ years of experience in Kubernetes and Cloud environments, as well as load balancing. A Bachelors or higher degree in IT is desirable. If you want to contribute to the software enabling performance and reliability of some of the largest websites on the internet.
Senior Senior Systems Engineer:
We are seeking Senior Systems Engineers to work out of our Waltham, MA office or remotely preferably in the MST/PST timezones. Knowledge of HAProxy or Kubernetes is a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Verizon NDR | Denver, CO | Full Time | Onsite (Relocation Available) | https://enterprise.verizon.com//products/security/advanced-t...
Verizon NDR (formerly Protectwise) is the evolution of effective, efficient and accessible network security. Customers need no specialized hardware to rapidly deploy Network Detection and Response in any segment of the modern network — enterprise, cloud, industrial, IoT and 5G — to see all activities and record everything for comprehensive analysis, discovery and action.
Come join us if are looking to work on a very challenging problem, securing some of the largest networks in the world, dealing with a high volume of data, on a very good, agile team, with a great group of peers. We work in an amazing office in downtown Denver, near Union Station, making the commute fairly easy. We have a large selection of great lunch and happy hour options, plus the standard amenities like a kegerator and lots of food.
- Network Capture (Rust) - Develop the next generation of network capture and perform analysis of packets and network protocols. Knowledge of C/C++ and network protocols (IT and OT) is helpful.
- Platform - Processing (C/C++/Scala) - Work on the system responsible for ingesting and processing the captured network data. Knowledge of Kafka, Solr, and Cassandra is helpful. Knowledge of network protocols (IT and OT) is helpful.
- Platform - Storage (Scala) -> Work on the system responsible for storing and querying the captured network data. Knowledge of Kafka, Solr, and Cassandra is helpful.
- Infrastructure (Terraform/AWS) -> Help to enable the infrastructure powering the platform. Knowledge of Ansible, Cassandra, Solr, Kafka, and the JVM helpful.
If you are interested or want more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your communication, please mention hacker news.