RYSTA ׀ Berlin, Germany ׀ Partially Remote (EU time zones) ׀ Part- & Full Time RYSTA is a startup in Berlin changing the way we live and work in our buildings. We are a team on a mission to shake up a traditional industry with a new way of operating. At RYSTA, we build cutting edge IoT sensors, collect massive amounts of data and deliver mission critical insights to our customers. For construction sites and buildings our platform offers multiple applications including air quality monitoring, reducing virus transmission and construction site monitoring.
If you are the type of person who loves building solutions then we are looking for you! You love challenges, are motivated by solving problems are exited about implementing your own ideas in software and hardware products.
Embedded Product Engineer – Onsite Berlin preferred – Build tools to ensure the perfect quality of our sensor hardware. Python, C/C++, experience with embedded hardware
Parity Technologies | Berlin, Germany or London, U.K. or Remote | Full-Time or Contract, Remote-OK | https://www.parity.io/jobs
Parity is a core blockchain infrastructure company. We're creating an open-source creative commons that will enable people to create better institutions through technology.
We are hiring across our entire company for both technical and non-technical roles. Positions which we are looking to fill ASAP include:
- Director of People Ops
- Technical Recruiter
- Core Engineer (Rust, Go, C, or C++)
- DevOps, DevSecOps, CI/CD Engineers
Please apply directly to a position you are interested in on our website (https://www.parity.io/jobs). If the position you're interested in is not listed or you'd like to reach us personally, you can email me via: email@example.com.
If you email, please include the role you're interested in and some profiles to check out your work such as LinkedIn, GitHub, a personal website/blog, etc.
Symmetry Investments | Many Varied Roles | REMOTE or VISA (London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey) | D, Julia, Kotlin, other functional and systems languages | Full-Time, Fixed Term, Flexible
## Roles we are hiring for
- Business Analysts: business analysis, documentation, team and tool design
- Native Code Developers: We are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D. Our experience has been that strong C and C++ developers can learn D quite quickly.
- Functional Developers to work with Practitioners using Symmetry Integration Language to deliver value to the business.
- Documentation: At Symmetry we recognise the value of writing and have for example a Pulitzer prize-winning former WSJ journalist and a maintainer of Linux Kernel Newbies documentation. We are looking for people to write technical documentation and to document data structures and processes (open to varying range of technical ability depending on the project).
- Designers for documentation. Now that non-programming internal work is moving to markdown in git, we are hiring designers to work on templates and mini-logos for documentation and other work.
- Data Science: time series analysis in particular, including high frequency data sets that are too big for simple tools
- Information Security: incident response, threat intelligence, vuln management
- Platform: Platform as Code, Site Reliability Engineers, Windows desktop support; frontline server support and administration; application support
- Legal and Compliance: #lawyerswhocode or who are very comfortable working with markdown in git
- Accounting: are you the sort of person who would use #ledger-cli ? If so, we would like to hear from you.
- Business: risk, operations, administrative, organisational design and business strategy, investor relations processes
- Investment: Economics, Quant, Portfolio Research, Investment Research, Portfolio Management and Trading
- Market Data: contract administration, data cleaning, alternative data research and management
Location: Remote or sponsorship for a visa in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey
Term: full-time permanent, fixed-term contract, flexible hours.
- Dlang (D)
- we do not use but value experience in modern C++, beautiful C, Haskell, Ocaml, Rust, Elm
## Qualities and traits we value
- Courage and daring
- Phronesis (practical wisdom), common sense and commercial orientation
- Practical people who are at the same time unreasonable when they ought to be
- Highly individual people oriented to promoting survival and flourishing of the group
- Inclination and ability to notice and understand links between seemingly-unrelated things
- Extreme motivation
- Mechanical sympathy
- Extreme and unusual intellectual capabilities
- A love of tinkering
- Good taste and love of beauty
## About Us
Symmetry Investments is a post startup USD 7+ billion alternative asset management company with around 230 people across multiple time zones and locations.
Our core technology team has been remote-first for some time, and the whole company is following suit, post-COVID.
I'm one of the three people running the firm, responsible amongst other things for technology across the firm and I’m posting this myself. That should give you an idea both about how seriously we take technology and the culture of the firm.
We are four years into a period of transformation from what was initially a fairly standard enterprise finance technology approach to something new that recognises the importance of both the humane and the technical for discretionary portfolio management and for the business of running an alternative investment manager. [Amaury Sechet](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR4PSExnqk), [Andrei Alexandrescu](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U7WAlKpQ) and [Atila Neves](https://dlang.org/blog/2019/10/15/my-vision-of-ds-future/) have been working with us as long-term consultants and we have many other talented people with lower public profiles.
It's not easy to integrate practitioners who may spend most of their day programming, but are oriented towards solving business problems, with developers who are specialists in programming. To achieve this, we wrote a little functional DSL that's now in production. Type inference of returns and parameters using inequality constraints is in a feature branch and there is plenty more to do on the language itself as well as the ecosystem around it. SIL can compile and call C++ and D at runtime; Python interop is in alpha; and C# is on the way. What might be a project in itself elsewhere can be just a set of functions in Symmetry Integration Language.
The language is written in D and we have a close involvement with the D Foundation and community, hosting DConf in London. So we are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D as well as people to work with practitioners writing Symmetry Integration Language. Also looking for people to write documentation and work on the build.
It's quite a creative place where we encourage a degree of courage amidst practical constraints, and we are open to doing things a different way if it's commercially sound and in the interests of our investors.
We look for virtues and capabilities over only experience and credentials although those things aren't a disadvantage. Do not let a lack of credentials or qualifications prevent you from applying. We've recently hired experts with C++, Common Lisp, D, Haxe, Haskell, Julia and Perl backgrounds, and are happy to bring them up to speed with the tools we use.
Compensation is currently not quite at Netflix standards but is generous to very generous over time by broad technology industry standards. We recognise and reward technical accomplishment and have a very flat structure - don't be surprised if our founder and CIO starts asking you questions about your work.
## Symmetry Talks
- Presenting SIL-cling to Compiler Research Group at Princeton (https://youtu.be/7teqrCNzrD8)
- Symmetry Internship Project - calling C++ from SIL (http://dconf.org/2020/online/index.html#alexandru)
- All Spreadsheets Must Die (https://youtu.be/FZi9CSB9_kk)
- Lessons from a DSL where all you have is Ranges (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtuzSlKRmzA)
- Alternative Investment Management (https://youtu.be/1rMq-4rWgis)
- Symmetry GitHub (https://github.com/symmetryinvestments)
- Please apply using this link (https://jobs.lever.co/symmetryinvestments/c8a9b95e-bdf0-459c...).
Man Group Alpha Tech | Quant Python Engineer | London, UK | Onsite | Full Time
As a Quant Python Engineer in Alpha Tech at Man you will be building the tools, frameworks, libraries and applications which power our Quantitative Research and Systematic Trading. This includes responsibility for the continued success of “Raptor”, our in-house Quant Platform, next generation Data Engineering, and evolution of our production Trading System as we continually expand the markets and types of assets we trade, and the styles in which we trade them. Your challenges will be varied and might involve building new high performance data acquisition and processing pipelines, cluster-computing solutions, numerical algorithms, position management systems, visualisation and reporting tools, operational user interfaces, continuous build systems and other developer productivity tools.
Our systems are almost all running on Linux and most of our code is in Python, with the full scientific stack: numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn to name a few of the libraries we use extensively. We implement the systems that require the highest data throughput in Java. For storage, we rely heavily on MongoDB and Oracle.
We use Airflow for workflow management, Kafka for data pipelines, Bitbucket for source control, Jenkins for continuous integration, Grafana + Prometheus for metrics collection, ELK for log shipping and monitoring, Docker for containerisation, OpenStack for our private cloud, Ansible for architecture automation, and HipChat for internal communication. But our technology list is never static: we constantly evaluate new tools and libraries.
Alpha Tech has a small company, no-attitude feel. It is flat structured, open, transparent and collaborative, and you will have plenty of opportunity to grow and have enormous impact on what we do. We are actively engaged with the broader technology community.
o We host and sponsor London’s PyData and Machine Learning Meetups o We open-source some of our technology. See https://github.com/man-group o We regularly talk at leading industry conferences, and tweet about relevant technology and how we’re using it. See @manquanttech Essential Skills o Exceptional technology skills; recognised by your peers as an expert in your domain o A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches o Expert knowledge in one or more programming languages, preferably Python, Java and/or C/C++ o Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages o Strong knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies e.g. Oracle, MongoDB o Proficient with a range of open source frameworks and development tools e.g. NumPy/SciPy/Pandas, Pyramid, AngularJS, React o Familiarity with a variety of programming styles (e.g. OO, functional) and in-depth knowledge of design patterns.
If you're interested, please get in touch with Milly Parrott firstname.lastname@example.org
Adacore | Software Engineers | Full-time | Remote, New-York, Paris, Bristol, Toulouse, Tallin, Grenoble, Vannes...
Adacore is the maintainer of GNAT, the Ada compiler based originally based on GCC (there now are multiple backends: LLVM, Why3, JVM...). We also have a lot of tools revolving around the Ada ecosystem (IDEs, Coverage tools, Static Analyzers, Formal proof tooling...). We are looking for a lot of different profiles: GNU toolchain maintainers, static analysis engineers (that's what the "software engineer" position career is about on our careers site), devsecops people, infrastructure enineers, techincal marketers... Some of these roles involve working with Ada, some don't (we use a lot of different programming languages: Ada, C, C++, Python, Ocaml...) but as far as I know knowing Ada isn't a requirement (it's fine to learn on the job).
You can learn more about open positions here: https://www.adacore.com/company/careers .
Shaper Tools | Senior Software Engineer (Web) | SF or Remote (US) | Full-Time | https://shapertools.com
Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of augmented-reality power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin. We have set out to simplify the process of making, and our software products and services are central to this goal.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead development on ShaperHub (https://hub.shapertools.com). ShaperHub is a marketplace for woodworking and fabrication projects, and a platform that enables our community to make, collaborate, learn and share.
This is your opportunity to join a world class team that is redefining power tools by making precision cutting simple and accessible.
Stack: (Web) React, Redux, Styled Components, Node.js, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform. (Embedded) C/C++, Qt
More info: https://www.shapertools.com/about/careers
Immunant | Senior Software Engineer | REMOTE | Full-time | https://www.immunant.com
Do you want to get paid to use Rust? Do you have experience with systems programming, compilers, or operating systems? Do you like research-y work where the best solution is rarely the most obvious one? Do you care about security?
Immunant is helping its customers deploy Rust code alongside or in place of C/C++. We are looking for a fellow systems programming expert to help us harden components used by hundreds of millions of users each day. If you are self-motivated, have demonstrable experience with C/C++/Rust, and an eye for detail, we should talk.
We are located in Southern California but also consider strong remote candidates in the United States.
More details: https://www.immunant.com/jobs
Send questions and applications to email@example.com – please mention HN in subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
VDX.tv (http://www.vdx.tv) | Remote Engineers & Developers | Full-time | REMOTE Established company (20+ years) looking for mature generalists to contribute remotely. You can be anywhere in the world so long as you:
● Are self-motivated and can work independently
● Have experience with many languages but can be effective in any language
● Appreciate that all mature software solutions accumulate technical debt and understand how to continually reduce debt and complexity
● Understand how to build highly reliable systems and be responsible for taking code to production
● Understand that code simplicity and readability are more important for long term maintainability
● Want to work on challenging problems and impactful work without being micromanaged
We're hiring across disciplines for engineers who work with Unix and have fluent written and spoken English:
● Backend Servers: Strong in C, Concurrency and Distributed Computing
● Backend Servers: Strong in Java
● Data Science: Strong in Math/Physics/CS + Python, Linux, SQL
● Frontend Development: Strong in Angular / React / Vue JS and Node JS, Data intensive dashboards, frontend design and architecture patterns
● System Infrastructure: Strong in private and public cloud, infrastructure as code, scripting and programming.
Full-time only. Remote only. We start out on a full-time trial contract basis for up to 3 months and use this period as an extended work interview for both sides to assess fit for long-term employment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if this sounds like the right fit for you.
Striveworks | ONSITE | Senior Software Engineer @ AI/MLOps Company | Austin or D.C.
Haven't heard of Striveworks? There's a reason for that... we're Austin's best kept tech secret. Our people and products shape solutions that directly affect the geopolitical landscape. We are cross-functional talent working together on the cutting edge to provide mission critical solutions. Keep reading to learn the perks of joining a well-funded MLOps startup with major contracts in highly regulated spaces.
##The Right Fit##* 4+ years relevant experience * Excellence in Python or GoLang * Applicants welcome with excellence in another major language, particularly Java, C/C++ * Knowledge of DevOps tooling: CI/CD tools, Git, Docker, Kubernetes * Familiarity with database design and architecture: relational and non-relational * Comfort with cloud architecture: commercial cloud, OpenStack * Comfort with deep learning library (Tensorflow, Pytorch) implementation and integration * Excellent project planning and communication skills. * Driven, self-directed personality * Strong sense of mission and commitment to making a difference * _U.S. citizenship_ Also feel free to reach out to me directly via email: t.shank [at] striveworks.us
Yotta Navigation | Onsite / Remote | Full Stack Developer, Sensor Fusion / ML / Navigation Engineer, UI / UX Engineer, C/C++ Developer, Technical Program Manager | Full-time | Santa Clara, CA | yottanav.com/jobs Yotta Nav. is an exciting small engineering company started in 2008 to create novel navigation hardware and algorithms. We specialize in sensor fusion and machine learning for wearable and handheld navigation devices. We are currently looking to fill two key senior level roles; a full-stack engineer for internal tools and a sensor fusion / machine learning engineer. HOWEVER we are looking for people for all roles listed above. In general, we are looking for some great developers. If you are interested and you don't match any of the listed job postings please feel free to still contact us.
Submit an application at yottanav.com/jobs or email email@example.com
Timescale - https://www.timescale.com/careers
[Fully Remote | Full Time | World-wide ]
We develop TimescaleDB (the open-source relational database for time-series data), Timescale Cloud, and associated observability products (eg long-term storage for Prometheus data).
Built on PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB offers developers the reliability, performance, scale, and advanced analytical capabilities they need to store and analyze mission-critical data. With over two million active databases deployed worldwide, Timescale customers span all industries and use cases.
We're hiring broadly across engineering, product, and other areas. Timescale is fully-remote, hiring world-wide. Go, C, Rust, k8s, PostgreSQL are ++
Database: Core database, PostgreSQL, testing/test infra, release
Cloud: Front-end, backend, infra, k8s, database ops (PostgreSQL)
Observability: Software eng, particular o11y tools, PostgreSQL experience
Technical Support: Particular PostgreSQL / RDBMS expertise
Product: Multiple product roles for Cloud/SaaS, database, observability
Recent HN stories about Timescale:
StackSource | Software Engineer, Growth Marketing Director | Remote | Full-Time | https://www.stacksource.com/
For Growth Marketing Director position see: https://www.stacksource.com/career/growth-marketing-director
We're a small team looking to add a new mid level engineer. We are looking to hire a key engineering role, someone capable of working across the full stack, with more a focus toward back end. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our platform helps commercial real estate owners, developers, and capital advisors manage their capital formation activities - finding sources of capital, fielding offers, negotiating intelligently, and closing through a UI.
Our founders come from Google and Facebook.
- Experience with web technologies.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals, such as: Object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms, asynchronous control flow mechanisms (callbacks, event handlers, promises), server architecture, etc.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Interest and ability to learn new programming languages and tools.
Contact email@example.com to apply.
Groundspeed Analytics | InsurTech | Engineering, Product, Operations | Remote (US), Ann-Arbor MI | Full-Time | https://groundspeed.com/
Groundspeed Analytics enables commercial insurance brokers and carriers to unlock insights from unstructured information through the company's data-as-a-service platform. The Rapid Fusion pipeline transforms and delivers structured and enriched data from unstructured documents to our customers' workflows.
We are hiring for multiple engineering, operations, and product roles with strong salary and benefits (401K, health, unlimited PTO, fully remote and many other perks). We are a distributed team of 100 across the US. We've raised our Series C, have a strong customer pipeline, and are well-poised for scaling the company. You'll have significant ownership and opportunity to grow your skills and career.
Technologies we use: Python/Flask, Node/Express/Meteor, React/Redux, AWS
--> Fullstack Engineer
--> Senior Backend Engineer
--> Senior Frontend Engineer
--> Senior Data Engineer
--> Product Manager
--> Operations Manager, Analyst, Project Manager positions also open
I'm a Director of Product who recently joined. If you're interested, send me an email with your resume - anya.skomorokhova[at]groundspeed.com.
No recruiters and we do not sponsor.
SCYTHE | Software Engineers, Senior Software Engineers, Web Developers | Full-time | US-Remote | https://www.scythe.io/
SCYTHE is a platform to emulate real-world adversarial threat campaigns. We help enterprises identify weaknesses in their environments. We're a young company and are closing Series A shortly.
1. What you will be doing: Develop commercial software, which will run on customer endpoints and devices, as well as develop SaaS products.
2. Who we are looking for: Well-rounded individuals, preferably with 3-5 years of industry experience.
3. Even better: CNO background, Prior commercial SDLC experience, Kernel-mode programming, non-relational databases, Component Object Model, .NET internals, Google Cloud experience, fluency in other languages
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions or just want to say Hi? Contact me at: email@example.com
Audio/Video Collaboration company, worldwide | GMT-6 <--> GMT+4 | Remote | Full time or part time or contract
We're a dynamic truly-global team developing high-end audio and video collaboration tools. We have several openings!
- Dual role: Senior Python API developer & Devops: We're searching for someone to join our team and help us design future build-outs and maintain infra, and also work on our python APIs.
- C/C++ developer: We're always looking for talented media application developers on Windows and macOS with genuine experience in shipping software. JUCE framework experience is a plus, knowledge of Qt is helpful.
- WebRTC: Do you have low-level knowledge of the WebRTC specification and experience with libwebrtc? We need you.
- Product Owner: are you excited by bringing beautiful, complex systems to life, and you have solid experience as an Agile product owner? Please reach out.
We're a 100% remote company in business for many years supporting the film, media and broadcast industry. We're celebrated for our attention to technical detail and for solving hard problems. We're working on some vital new technology, there's something interesting going on every day and you'd have the opportunity to be part of driving how the industry moves forward in a post-pandemic world. You'll be part of a team of experts working 100% remotely, most of us are in the Central/Western European area - we're flexible on timezones.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed role descriptions - We strive for diversity and welcome all persons to apply.
TainData | Melbourne, Australia | Contract, Full-Time or Co-Founder | Remote OK, Onsite OK, Visa possible (pending Australia's border restrictions lifting)
We're a vendor of data monitoring and automation technology for small-to-medium sized agriculturalists - mostly growers of wine grapes, fruits, vegetables, grains, pulses, etc. We’ve supplied technology to some of the world's leading food and wine producers.
Our main products are:
- A data monitor that reads soil moisture and other environmental metrics, and uploads data to the cloud via Cat-M1, and a partner web app that displays data on maps+graphs and manages the devices. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/versatile-data-logger-help-gr...
- A webapp that displays data from a network of 70+ weather stations across some major growing regions of Australia, and displays weather data updated every 10 minutes and long-term historical graphs https://cotl.com.au/launch.html
We're looking for people with the following skills:
- Electronics engineering - designing circuits and circuit boards for IoT data monitoring/control applications, using Freescale microcontrollers or comparable components. Experience with contemporary cellular data networks (Cat M1, NB-IoT) very welcome, as well as other radio data technologies, e.g., LoraWAN, DigiMesh, ZigBee, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi.
- Programming for above hardware platforms, ideally very experienced with C, but familiarity with (or enthusiasm to learn) Freescale/Motorola assembly language a big advantage.
- Full stack web application development, with experience with/willingness to learn Ruby on Rails, React, React Native.
- Machine learning/image processing specialists.
This would be particularly interesting to someone who wants to go deep developing a new hardware/firmware architecture for this industry; something like what Cisco IOS is to networking, but for agriculture data monitoring/control.
For more info, contact: tom+jobs at taindata.com.