LUMICKS | C++ Developers | Amsterdam, NL | FULL-TIME, ONSITE when safe to do so, VISA | http://lumicks.com
LUMICKS is bringing novel tools for single-molecule biophysics and cell avidity to market, enabling scientific researchers across biology and medicine to unlock new types of experiments.
We produce z-Movi, a unique instrument that can directly measure the overall strength of interaction between cells ("avidity") and could have an enormous impact on research in immunology, paving the way for new therapies for cancer. In collaboration with end users, we have developed a fast and intuitive workflow software that takes you from defining your parameters to viewing your data in no time.
We also build C-Trap, which can be used to "grab" a single molecule, and apply precise mechanical forces to it. At the same time, one can visualize the molecule using highly-sensitive fluorescence microscopy. Our customers use it to watch DNA being copied by the molecular machinery of the cell, or observe molecular "engines" walking across the scaffolding structures of a human cell. LUMICKS systems are currently in use in opinion-leading labs across the globe, including Stanford, Johns Hopkins University, Tsinghua University, NIH, Max Planck Institute, TU Delft, and Imperial College London.
We're an academic spin-off from a research group at VU University Amsterdam. We care deeply about providing our users with easy-to-use, reliable software that actively supports Open Data and Reproducible Science. To make this happen, we're looking to expand our software engineering team with additional:
C++ developers -- http://lumicks.com/vacancies/cpp-software-developer
We use the following technologies. When applying, it's fine to be familiar with a subset of these:
C++17 (soon 20) for the core code, Qt5 (QML) for the UI and Python 3 for bindings. CMake builds everything and Conan manages the dependencies. Libraries we use include abseil, asio, caf (C++ actor framework), catch2, cereal, fmt, opencv, ranges-v3 and spdlog. Our Python bindings are implemented using pybind11.
Read the full job descriptions, and apply directly, at: http://lumicks.com/careers
Ambra Health (https://ambrahealth.com) | REMOTE | C++ / Java / Linux Engineer, Image Processing/Manipulation/Optimizing | Full time
At Ambra Health we help the health care system solve complex problems with storing and sharing medical imaging data (X-rays, CT's, MRI's etc), at locations around the world - including many renowned health centers. This involves processing, transcoding, optimizing a lot of medical images, for the Internet and other formats - some very challenging and interesting engineering problems.
We are looking for an imaging bit-wrangler with a mix of C++, Java and Linux experience to join our remote-only image processing team. This team works on the image-transforming services of our platform, which handle 8 billion (4PB) medical images in data centers and cloud environments around the world. The ideal candidate would be able to work independently with minimal supervision, seasoned to make good productivity/coding/architecture decisions.
- Experience generating, debugging or hacking image formats (such as PNG, JPEG, TIFF)
- Java and/or C++
- Basic Linux system administration skills
- Must live in USA
Big plus if you've got any of these skills:
- Building server software with multi-threading and concurrency, in a distributed network environment
- Experience with DICOM medical file format
- Diagnosing application problems in a Linux environment
- Experience with other systems or JVM languages (C, Go, C#, Scala, etc)
Our hiring process is pretty painless - short introduction call, 1-hour phone call with the team to get to know each other, then (if it works for you) a paid part-time trial period to see if we like working together.
Send me an email with your resume: email@example.com
Tesla | Various | Palo Alto; Fremont | Intern/Full Time Tesla has many open positions for interns and full time candidates. Please apply online send an email with your resume to vehiclesoftwarerecruiting@. Please make your subject line: HN <req_id> so we can filter appropriately.
- Service Engineering Senior Manager- https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/service-engineeringseniorm...
- Solar Product Engineer (Python, SQL) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/solar-productengineer-5599...
- Product Engineer, Energy Charging Products (Python, SQL)- https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/product-engineerenergychar...
- Senior Automation Software Engineer (Python, Software Test Automation)- https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/sr-automationsoftwareengin...
- Software Developer, Test Systems (LabVIEW, Python, Database development)- https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-developer-testsys...
- System Validation Engineer, High Voltage Systems (Python) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/system-validationengineerh...
- Systems Validation Engineer, Powertrain Thermals (Python)- https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/system-validationengineerp...
- Software Integration Engineer, Chassis Controls - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-integrationengine...
- Embedded Software Engineer, Gateway (C, RTOS) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/embedded-softwareengineerg...
- Embedded Software Engineer, Audio Subsystems (C, Linux, ALSA, audio) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/sr-embeddedsoftwareenginee...
- Embedded Software Engineer, Linux Platforms (C, Linux) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/embedded-softwareengineerl...
- Engineering Manager, Software Platforms (C, Linux) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/engineering-managersoftwar...
- Embedded Software Engineer, Battery Management Systems (C, RTOS, SIL, software-in-the-loop) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/embedded-softwareengineerb...
- Wireless Embedded Software Engineer (C/C++, Embedded Linux, Wireless, Cellular, Bluetooth/BLE, WiFi) https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/wireless-embeddedsoftwaree...
- Software Engineer, Computer Vision and AI - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-engineercomputerv...
- Autopilot, Motion Planning Engineer - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/autopilot-motionplanningen...
- Autopilot, Deep Learning Engineer/Scientist - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/autopilot-deeplearningengi...
- Autopilot, Systems Software (GPU, CUDA, OpenCL, C++) -https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/systems-softwareengineer-a..., Systems Software Engineer
- Autopilot, Build Software Engineer (CI, Developer tools, Bazel, Build Systems) - https://www.tesla.cn/en/careers/job/autopilot-buildandciinfr..., Build Software Engineer
- Autopilot, Hardware in the loop Software Engineer (HIL, hardware design, validation) -https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/autopilot-hilinfrastructur...
- Software Engineer, Maps and Navigation (C++, Golang, Python) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-engineermapsnavig...
- Backend Software Engineer, AI Tooling (Python) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/backend-softwareengineerai...
Fall 2020 Internships:
gapfruit | Zug, Switzerland | FT ONSITE | SW Engineer
gapfruit is a well funded, early-stage high tech company founded in the beginning of 2018. gapfruit builds systems that answer the following question: How can we proof the trustworthiness of a product?
Its groundbreaking Trustworthy Execution Platform (TEP) offers unprecedented customizable Trusted Execution Environments with an easy-to-use API. gapfruit TEP proves that a certain output was generated from a specific input, executed at a specific time with specific code. Currently active in the high end banking sector, gapfruit is aiming to expand its technology to the IoT/EDGE market.
gapfruit is seeking software engineers at nearly every level of the software stack. From firmware, device drivers, protocol stacks, microkernels, hypervisors, higher-level management software to interacting with cloud environments.
You have an affinity for designing computer systems that matter. You most likely have done work in C/C++ on Linux, the Genode Framework or real-time operating systems. You know your way around git and CI/CD environments. You have a desire to go deep into gnarly systems problems. While you enjoy playing with new technologies, you are comfortable taking ownership of robust feature design and implementation. You long for a team with open and inclusive ideals. You enjoy working with and contributing to open source communities. You appreciate diversity and nurture a culture of openness and collaboration. You may even developed safety/mission critical software using ADA/SPARK and done formal verification. You know the concepts of PKI and capability-based security.
The nature of the problems we're solving favors candidates with experience. However, we are open to engineers at entry level who feel motivated to be a part of building the next generation of trustworthy systems.
While we prefer on-site in Zug, Switzerland, we support remote work as well.
Apply now! firstname.lastname@example.org
Symmetry Investments | Senior Software Engineers and DevOps | REMOTE or VISA (London, Hong Kong, Singapore) | D, Julia, Kotlin, other functional and systems languages | Full-Time, Fixed Term, Flexible Symmetry Investments is a post startup c. 5bn alternative asset management company with around 175 people across multiple time zones and locations. Our core technology team has been remote first for some time, and the whole company is following suit, post-COVID.
I'm one of the three people running the firm, responsible amongst other things for technology across the firm and I’m posting this myself. That should give you an idea both about how seriously we take technology and the culture of the firm.
We are three years into a period of transformation from initially a fairly standard enterprise finance approach to technology to something new that recognises the importance of both the humane and the technical for discretionary portfolio management and for the business of running an alternative investment manager.
It's not easy to integrate practitioners who may spend most of their day programming but are oriented towards solving their business problems with developers who are specialists in programming. To achieve this, we wrote a little functional DSL that's now in production. Type inference of returns and parameters using inequality constraints is in a feature branch and there is plenty more to do on the language itself as well as the ecosystem around it. What might be a project in itself elsewhere can be just a set of functions in Symmetry Integration Language.
The language is written in D, we hosted dconf last year and will do so again this year. So we are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D as well as people to work with practitioners writing Symmetry Integration Language. Also looking for people to write documentation and work on the build.
It's quite a creative place where we encourage a degree of courage amidst practical constraints, and we are open to doing things a different way if it's commercially sound and in the interests of our investors.
We look for virtues and capabilities over only experience and credentials although those things aren't a disadvantage. Do not let a lack of credentials or qualifications prevent you from applying. We've recently hired experts with C++, Common Lisp, D, Haxe, Julia and Perl backgrounds, and are happy to bring them up to speed with our stack.
Compensation is currently not quite at Netflix standards but is generous to very generous over time by broad technology industry standards. We recognise and reward technical accomplishment and have a very flat structure.
Some Symmetry people: All Spreadsheets Must Die (https://youtu.be/FZi9CSB9_kk), Lessons from a DSL where all you have is Ranges (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtuzSlKRmzA), Alternative Investment Management (https://youtu.be/1rMq-4rWgis)
Please see our GitHub (https://github.com/symmetryinvestments), blog.dlang.org and Symmetry Autumn of Code (https://dlang.org/blog/2019/08/25/saoc-2019-projects-and-par...)
Email laeeth at kaleidic.io and cc jthompson at symmetryinvestments dot com.
Off World Live | Senior Typescript Engineer | UK | Fully Remote | Full-time / Part Time | https://offworld.live
Off World Live is a small team of artists and programmers working on an Unreal Engine plugin for streaming interactive 360 video in realtime from virtual games worlds. We were recently behind the 3 36hour + live streams of the live virtual club night Club Quarantaene.
The core plugin is written in C++ / HLSL, but we are increasingly building out web infrastructure -- both frontend and servers to handle customer's interaction with our streaming pipeline.
- Building a new node.js service for improving live interactions with our 360 live streams
- Maintaining our stream management interface
A real plus would be for somebody with knowledge of Go as we have other parts of our core infrastructure written in Go.
More broadly we are looking for somebody who:
- is easy-going and fits into our flexible, relaxed, open-minded team
- is interested in pursuing relatively independent medium-term researched based projects / tasks
- is curious about software and systems in general
- has visual attention to detail especially when building UI
We think you would particularly enjoy this if you are interested in games, art, virtual worlds and novel interactions.
We are currently part-funded by an Innovate UK SMART grant so only apply if you have a UK national insurance number and the right to work in the UK. We are fully remote so location is unimportant.
We particularly encourage applications from diverse candidates.
Email us email@example.com with your CV.
The Sensible Code Company | Remote (based within 2 hour flight of UK) | Senior Software Engineer | Full-time
Sensible Code is looking for a senior software engineer to work on Cantabular which is being used by the Office for National Statistics for dissemination process improvement for the 2021 Census.
Golang or C/C++ desirable.
Your skills are: - Experience with TDD and comfortable writing extensive tests - Enthusiastic about developing Clean Code - Some experience of Linux systems administration - Can write clear documents and speak effectively with clients - Good understanding of low level software concepts such as memory management and data representation - Experience with a range of software technologies and languages - Ability and desire to master new languages and tools - Minimum 5 years experience
You’ll be responsible for designing solutions to meet customer needs, delivering a level of quality of which you are proud, investigating and resolving issues and bugs, regularly communicating with team members and customers both online and face to face.
We use Slack, GSuite, GitHub and we use Linux locally for development. We have balanced lives, exact working times are flexible. We offer a generous 30 days plus public holidays (38 total). We are all based within 2 hour flight time of the UK
Salary to €74,000 based on experience and pro-rata for part-time
To apply, send your CV and telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting scjob24 in the subject line (no agencies). Closing date: July 31st 2020
[still-unnamed startup in stealth mode] | REMOTE or ONSITE(around HK: Guangzhou,Macau,Shenzhen,Taiwan,etc) | 20-40h per week, freelancers/full-timers/part-timers
Sorry for the vague description but I can tell you more about the product we're building when you apply. Hopefully I can attract you in a sufficient way with our tech stack! (see below). [NOTE: this is not a pie-in-the-sky venture, you would be joining a team who has a 1.5+year-old working product, with prospects of new greenfield products built around the first.]
- Build engineer: you are a Linux-er who has some past experience building deb or rpm packages, are excited about reproducible builds, and are willing to learn (if you don't already know) new things such as snap or flatpak. gitlabCI and/or githubActions is a plus. (Might do some DevOps work after we come out of stealth mode as well; with Pulumi and RedHat's OpenShift.)
- C#/.NET developer: generics, LINQ, VisualStudio, EntityFramework et al are your bread and butter. You value the diversity that comes from learning other languages and tech-stacks but also the stability that a robust platform like .NET provides, which you based your career on. Desirable to be familiar with Xamarin, but not required. F# is a plus.
- Rust developer: you dealt with C/C++/Objective-C in the past but are ready to move on. However, you're still not convinced about garbage collected languages, so you have been looking at Rust lately, or willing to learn it. You're not a smart-ass though, so you would be excited to expose your Rust code's API to be consumed by higher level languages.
- FP developer: you value immutability and lack of side effects because you have lived the nightmares of race conditions and heisenbugs in your career. You're disgusted with most job positions out there because the tech-stack described in most of them don't look safe enough to be serious (sure they can build snapchats with them, but not robust software that would end up being used by NASA or Waymo). Desirable to be familiar with F#.
- SmartContracts/blockchain developer: you've used/developed smart contracts in languages such as Ivy, MiniScript, or Solidity(EVM), or are willing to learn this technology. Desirable to have familiarity with atomic swaps, HTLCs or zero knowledge proofs. Excited about things like bitcoin-lightning, ethereum, mimblewimble/grin, DAI, etc
- Browser-extension developer: you would be interested in diving into the world of WebAssembly to create a similar opensource plugin like the UI of MetaMask (ideally this work should be compatible with Brave, Chrome/Chromium, and Firefox).
Important perk for all positions: all the code/scripts you'll write (being paid of course) will be opensource, at least for the first 2months.
Write me at email@example.com
PS: Abstain from applying if you expect a lead/managerial role, because the team is not yet big enough to need extra leadership for now.
PS II: In case you're only interested in joining part-time, note: I wouldn't find it acceptable if you join us to work remotely part-time while keeping your full-time job. Part-time only works in parallel with: a) your own side-projects, or b) other additional part-time job (because resting is important).
HyperCube | Software Engineer | New York, NY (NYC) & San Francisco Bay Area, CA (SF) & Tel Aviv, Israel | Full-time | https://grnh.se/7bf4a2f63us
Do you want to work on challenging machine learning and distributed systems problems? HyperCube is a real-time serving engine for deep learning retrieval applications.
- We are looking for software engineers with at least 3 years of experience
- At least one scripting language, such as Python, Scala, etc.
- At least one compiled language, such as C++, Go, Java, etc.
Preferred experience, 2 or more of the following:
- At least one deep learning framework, such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, MXNet, etc.
- Building web-scale services and/or distributed systems
- Productionizing machine learning models and applications
- Embeddings and nearest-neighbor search algorithms
- Information retrieval (i.e. Lucene, Elasticsearch, database internals, etc.)
- Hardware acceleration (CPU, GPU, TPU, FPGA, etc.)
Our current tech stack: AWS, Kubernetes, Python, C++. HyperCube is a distributed team with offices in New York, NY, San Mateo, CA, and Tel Aviv, Israel. Our team includes world-class scientists and engineers who built large scale ML applications and platforms (including Amazon SageMaker) at leading companies and cloud providers. We are passionate about building great solutions by pushing the boundaries of science and technology.
Apply here: (NYC) https://grnh.se/7bf4a2f63us
(SF Bay Area): https://grnh.se/8af359d63us
(Tel Aviv): https://grnh.se/ef65badd3us
Subscale | Frontend/Backend/Full-Stack/ML/Geometry | 100% Remote | Full Time
Subscale is an early-stage, venture-funded, remote-first startup working on autonomous manufacturing, with a specific focus on rapid production of precision parts. Our technology combines machine learning, physics simulation, and automated robotics to reduce the end-to-end cycle time by 10x at low production costs. Here's a video showcasing some of what we've built so far: https://subscale.io/recruiting-hn/
We're in the process of bringing our technology from the lab to real customers, and are looking to hire engineers with a variety of skillsets to make this happen:
• A dedicated (senior) frontend engineer to lead development of various external and internal interfaces
• Backend / full-stack engineers to help us build out our ordering and factory management platforms
• Computational geometry and/or machine learning engineers experienced working with 3D data
Our tech stack includes Python, TypeScript, React, Postgres, and AWS, with some C++ and C# where necessary.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
Genesis Therapeutics | Burlingame, CA | Onsite (Flexible WFH) | Full-time | https://www.genesistherapeutics.ai
We’re a hybrid AI + biotech start-up, developing novel neural networks to predict molecular properties and using them to accelerate the development of new medicines.
Looking for great software engineers and ML researchers with an interest in drug discovery -- no biology or chemistry experience required. We all learn from each other here.
- We currently have a small team of excellent software engineers: graduates from Stanford, UC Berkeley, MIT. Previously worked at Facebook, Google, Memsql, Jane Street
- Core deep learning tech was invented by co-founder + CEO Evan Feinberg during his PhD at Stanford’s Pande lab (the lab that did Folding@Home). See the peer-reviewed PotentialNet paper: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acscentsci.8b00507
- $4.1m seed round led by Andreessen Horowitz, and we currently have lots of runway
- Our platform was validated in collaboration with a top-five pharma company, in a public paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/1903.11789
- In addition to strong software + AI talent, our small team has top drug discovery chemists who have collectively discovered several FDA-approved drugs before
Here are our open roles:
- Software Engineer: https://jobs.genesistherapeutics.ai/apply/ILdjypU87G/Softwar...
Interview process: 1-2 one-hour technical phone screens, 1 day on-site (now virtual) with 3 one-hour technical questions. All these include extra time to chat, answer your questions about Genesis, and meet us. Can go from first email to offer in a week or two
Tech Stack: python, C++, pytorch, postgres, docker, kubernetes, various computational chemistry libraries + tools
Please apply online, or email me your resume: email@example.com
Roblox | San Mateo, CA | Full Time | ONSITE (Remote during Shelter In Place)
We are actively hiring and all interviews are currently done via phone & zoom.
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We are recruiting across multiple teams and positions. Our top priority roles are:
Backend Web Engineer: 5+ years’ experience, Fluent in C#, C++, Java, or another OOP language
C++ / Lua Engineer: 3-5 years’ experience; Proficient in C++; Experience with Lua preferred
C++ / UI Engineer: 3-5+ years’ experience; Proficient in C++; Experience with building very complex end user applications
C++ 3D Modeling Engineer: 3-5+ years'; Proficient in C++ (and/or Python); focus on 3D API's
Software Engineer, Distributed Caching/Infrastructure: 3+ years experience, building software to manage infrastructure.
Data Engineer: 3+ years’ experience; Expert with Java and Go; Custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
Engineering Manager, Developer Tools (3D); 3-5+ years'; Proficient in C++ (and/or Python); focus on growing and mentoring teams
UI Engineer: 2-4+ years experience; Strong Python; Build tools to accelerate the development process for millions of engineers
Please visit https://corp.roblox.com/careers/ to apply, find more information and/or to see our full list of open positions. -or- reach out to "efife at roblox.com" and mention this Hacker News post.
comma.ai | San Diego | Software Engineers/Safety Engineer/ML/FS/Navigation Designer | FULL-TIME | ONSITE
comma is a profitable company solving self driving cars while delivering shippable intermediaries. Think Tesla’s Autopilot, but aftermarket, for existing cars (Hondas, Toyotas, etc). See our open source driving agent on GitHub: https://github.com/commaai/openpilot. Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgAbfr42oI8
* Software engineers to develop openpilot through new features, simulation, and testing infrastructure.
* A Machine Learning Engineer to build tools to track, analyze, and fix failures of the driving system as well as work on our automatic ground truthing and ML pipeline.
* Also hiring a Safety Engineer, Navigation Designer, a Full Stack Engineer, and an Operations Assistant.
Reach out with a GitHub/LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our stack is largely Python, with some C/C++ and JS(React)
Interview Process (roughly): Coding challenge, 2 phone screens, and a paid micro-internship on site.
https://www.comma.ai/jobs for more detailed job descriptions.
Matician |Robotics: CV/ML/Systems(C,C++)/Embedded/Hardware/ME/EE/Systems/AI&Robotics Residents| Full-time/Interns | Palo Alto, CA | Onsite |https://matician.com/jobs.html
We are always looking for exceptional engineers, designers, and research with an appetite for adventure and learning.
Our mission is to build robots that save people time and energy.We believe that we can use computer vision to create truly autonomous machines that work for us.
Apply @ https://matician.com/jobs.html
What we do:
Application complexity is shooting through the roof, and a large part of the reason is obsolescence of underlying data platforms that were built for centralized and simpler workloads. We are building the next generation data fabric for cloud native applications - where data mobility and portability is a central theme. This vision is matched by the passion of the founding team (with experience at Google, Facebook, and other internet scale companies), and we are recruiting our first engineers that will help establish the direction for the platform and establish the culture for the company.
What you'll do:
As a Founding Engineer, you will design, implement, and deploy highly distributed, large-scale services. You will translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design. You will be very hands on, and work with others on the engineering team to manage day-to-day development activities, and participate in designs, design reviews, code reviews, and implementation. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about delivering high quality solutions to complex engineering problems, while working within a team.
--BS or MS in Computer Science or a similar field (PhD a -plus)
--Track record of successfully shipping systems or infrastructure software
--Experience with lower level systems programming in C or C++
--Previous experience building distributed databases or storage software
--Experience with cloud-based technologies
If you're interested in our tech or joining our team, please send your resume to email@example.com (:
Celonis (https://www.celonis.com) | Multiple Roles | Munich (Germany), Madrid (Spain), Raleigh, NC | Full time | ONSITE (currently WFH) |
Celonis is a growing German tech startup with a >2.5BN valuation and the global leader in Process Mining technology. We mine data from arbitrary source systems such as SAP, Salesforce, Microsoft and many other enterprise systems to help our customers discover process inefficiencies and turn insights into action.
Our Intelligent Business Cloud harnesses the power of our Process Mining technology to help organizations remove operational friction and become a Superfluid Enterprise. Companies around the world, including Siemens, L’Oréal, Uber, Citi, Airbus, and Vodafone, rely on Celonis technology to guide action and drive change, turning business processes into extraordinary experiences and resulting in millions of dollars saved.
Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions.
We are looking for:
- Tech Lead Machine Learning (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/170920/374423/1593629...)
- Senior Java Developer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/166841/374423/1593629...)
- Senior Frontend Engineer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/166839/374423/1593629...)
- Senior Java Full Stack Engineer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/166840/374423/1593629...)
- Platform Engineer (Kubernetes, Bamboo, Argo CD, ...) (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/166836/374423/1593629...)
- Senior UI/UX Designer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/166838/374423/1593629...)
- Senior Data Engineer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/166838/374423/1593629...)
- Technical Product Manager (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/169358/374423/1593629...)
- C++ Engineer for Database Development (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/166831/374423/1593629...)
- Java Cloud Developer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/168151/374423/1593629...)
RALEIGH (North Carolina), US
- Customer Support Engineer I (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/166833/374423/1593629...)
- Customer Support Engineer II (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/166834/374423/1593629...)
- Product Manager Real Time Data Integrations (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/168427/374423/1593629...)
- Senior Java Full Stack Engineer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/168579/374423/1593629...)
- Senior Data Engineer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/168578/374423/1593629...)
MBition | Embedded/Backend/App Software Engineers, Architects, Product Owners, DevOps, various roles | Berlin & Stuttgart, Germany | Full-time | ONSITE (mobile office possible and currently used by everyone due to COVID-19), REMOTE for special cases possible
MBition is a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz RD. Traditionally focussing on infotainment software (in-vehicle infotainment, smartphone apps, cloud backend), we are extending our focus to other domains in the car gradually, e.g. ADAS (advanced driver-assistance systems). We have many cool projects going on and generally we try to bring state-of-the-art modern professional software development paradigms to the automotive world. Our shareholders/mothership puts big trust on us. We are a product development and delivery team.
Our stack contains (among others) C++, C, Qt, Yocto, Linux, QNX, AWS, Jenkins, Gitlab.
Markforged | Software Engineers (Senior-level, full stack), DevOps Engineer, Security Engineer | ONSITE (Remote start for the foreseeable future due to COVID | Watertown, MA, USA | https://www.markforged.com
Markforged builds cutting-edge cloud connected industrial 3D printers that produce parts 50x faster that are 23x stronger and 20x lower-cost. We print in composites (eg. carbon fiber) and in metal!
Our software stack: * Webapp - Express.js / AWS backend, AngularJS / WebGL frontend, Electron for optional desktop client, CoffeeScript * Computational geometry engine for part slicing - Written from scratch in CoffeeScript and C++. Runs on AWS Lambda, in-browser, or on desktop client * Printer touchscreen application - Node Webkit / AngularJS + Python, all on top of a custom Debian image on a BeagleBone * Printer firmware - embedded C on a custom board
To apply email me directly with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.markforged.com/jobs to check out our full slate of jobs and apply there.
advanced.farm | Embedded Linux Engineer | Full-time | Davis, CA ONSITE We build robotic farm equipment for the next frontier of farming, and already have robotic strawberry harvesters in the field. Our founding team had a previous exit in robotics (https://bit.ly/2N83o9Z), but we staying humble and lean to tackle the next big challenge (with support from leading hardware VC’s and global agtech brands Yamaha and Kubota). Skills: C++, C, CUDA, Linux, Jetson Apply here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1892325506/
OctoML.ai | Senior Software Engineer | Full-time | Seattle, WA or REMOTE
OctoML is developing technology to compile and optimize Deep Learning models for deployment on a wide range of hardware targets. We're the creators of TVM.ai, an Apache Incubator project that automatically generates highly-optimized code for an ML model.
We're looking for a senior software engineer to join our Platform team, developing cloud services for compiling, tuning, benchmarking, and packaging ML models. We program in Rust, Python, and C++.
Figma (https://www.figma.com) | Software Engineer | SF | Full-time Onsite Figma is a startup in San Francisco building a browser-based collaborative design tool to improve the way designers and developers work together. We are hiring talented engineers across the stack who are interested in tackling hard technical problems with smart people and building a product that startups will rely on. We push the boundaries of web technology and have redefined what applications in browsers are capable of. For examples of challenges that we solved, you may find our blog post interesting: https://www.figma.com/blog/section/engineering/
We're hiring product, security, and infrastructure engineers and leaders across a number of teams and roles: https://www.figma.com/careers/
Our front-end tech stack: TypeScript, React, C++, WebAssembly, WebGL
Our back-end tech stack: Ruby, Sinatra, Go, Rust
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes | Software Engineer | Madison, WI | Full Time | Onsite
Our Engineering team is growing fast, and we are seeking Software Engineers to help implement software for our current and next generation systems, and to become future leaders of our organization. Our team develops electromechanical instruments, devices, server software, and production equipment for medical and non-medical applications.
Stack: C# (.NET Core 3.1), C, C++, Python, Windows, UWP, Skia, SQLite, gRPC, Git
NorthStar’s mission is to transform the medical radioisotopes industry by becoming a global leader of innovative diagnostic & therapeutic medical radioisotopes. In fulfillment of this mission, NorthStar has developed ground breaking technology in radiopharmaceutical production as well as instruments/medical devices that will efficiently produce important medical radioisotopes on site at a radiopharmacy.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to Careers@northstarnm.com with the position title in the subject line.
Blue Origin | Site Reliability Engineering | Seattle, WA | Full-Time | ONSITE | https://www.blueorigin.com
Blue Origin is developing technologies to enable human access to space at dramatically lower cost and increased reliability. To accommodate our rapid growth we have multiple openings for site reliability engineers who are building the infrastructure that the company runs on.
Our SRE's bring a software engineering approach to ensuring systems remain operational and scalable. You will implement the infrastructure that allows for rapid development and iteration of software throughout the company, including distributed systems, internal systems, and embedded software on-board our rockets and space vehicles.
Our tech stack within SRE includes: AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Datadog, Gitlab, Linux, Ansible
Site Reliability Engineer II: https://blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/BlueOrigin/jo...
Senior Site Reliability Engineer: https://blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/BlueOrigin/jo...
Senior Manager, Site Reliability Engineering: https://blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/BlueOrigin/jo...
National Robotics Engineering Center | Software, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, UI | Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Full Time | H1-B VISA
The National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC), a robotics research and development powerhouse, is looking for experienced developers, especially in embedded systems, robotics, perception, deep learning, data science, and AI. For more than 21 years NREC has brought together a critical mass of software and hardware engineers in order to take technology from the laboratory to the real world. NREC maintains a diverse portfolio of projects, from Augmented Reality driver assistance to full off-road autonomy and from advanced teleoperation to full autonomous manipulation.
NREC is part of the Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University, focused on commercialization of robotic technologies, and employs over 150 people in their off-campus facility. An NREC developer can go from developing mapping for a mining robot operating in extreme environments (https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/solutions/mining/profiler.html) to developing hardware and controls for unique research vehicles (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-URxpqi0oAU). Another may go from developing training products for humanitarian workers (https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/solutions/defense/other-projects...) on to assistive technologies that make work easier for farmers around the world (https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/solutions/agriculture/other-agri...).
A subset of our openings:
C++ and Python software engineers - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/software-engineer-2.html
ML/AI Engineering - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/software-engineer-machin...
Computer Vision engineers - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/robotics-engineer-comput...
User Interface - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/user-interface-software-...
If you have questions or are interested in any positions in robotics, please contact Christine DeCarolis ( email@example.com ). In your communication, please mention hacker news.
Shield AI | San Diego, CA | www.shield.ai | Onsite | Full-Time
Shield AI is an artificial intelligence robotics company building products for the national security sector and first responders. We are searching for people ready to rise to the occasion and join us in developing state-of-the-art technology alongside a mission that matters. Are you up for the challenge?
Positions Open Across Technical Teams: https://jobs.lever.co/shieldai -- Android Developer -- Artificial Intelligence: Staff Software Engineer C++ -- Embedded Software Engineer -- Senior Cloud Data Architect -- Senior Machine Learning Engineer -- Senior Autonomy Engineer -- Core Engineering Services -- DevOps: Software Engineer --
Our team is built of scientists, engineers, and business leaders inspired by our mission; to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems.
Smarkets | Full Time | ONSITE [REMOTE during the plague] (London, UK; also Downtown LA, California)
We're a modern betting exchange, going technology first to enable proper price competition in a field of fat commissions. Join a small and agile team in our beautiful office in St. Katharine Docks. If our US location tickles your fancy, you get to help setting up a sunny satellite office too. For the time being, thanks to Covid, we are in fully remote mode.
Smarkets develops a reliable, low-latency, highly concurrent betting exchange based on trading exchange designs. We're also building a fast, modern web interface to allow for a smoother experience. Servicing our users is top priority.
Production environment is in AWS. In fact, Smarkets was the first gambling operator under the Maltese regulator to get permission to run everything in the cloud. We push the envelope where needed and educate auditors when necessary.
We are looking for engineering talent all across the board: frontend and mobile, infrastructure, trading engine, security - and of course generalists, those yet to find their calling.
If you like the idea of flat structure and practical engineering approach, see our jobs at https://smarkets.com/careers .
ß: to pre-empt questions on why C++ or why not Erlang - our exchange team have promised to put together a proper write-up on the tradeoffs, design constraints, performance needs, etc. In fullness of time, that is, when the most painful (and probably interesting) migrations are behind them.
We’re perfectionists. Idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Whether you work at one of our global offices, offsite, or even at home, a job at Apple will be demanding. But it also rewards bright, original thinking and hard work. And none of us here would have it any other way.
Where do you see yourself at Apple?
-- Siri — Apple’s Siri is looking for exceptional engineers, designers, and project managers well versed in machine learning, natural language, speech recognition, server automation, and/or mobile software development. Siri is used on countless iOS, tvOS and watchOS devices and handles over a billion requests per week. Note that in addition to Cupertino, we are hiring in many locations such as Seattle, Pittsburgh, Beijing, Cambridge MA and Cambridge UK too.
If you’re passionate about Music, Productivity, or one of a variety of our open positions, you’ll be right at home.
Apply online or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
-- SEAR -- Security Engineering & Architecture is looking for engineers who can help make sense of complex hardware and software systems, distilling essential qualities, threat models, and vulnerabilities from volumes of structured data. We are looking for backend engineers able to build scalable services — ingesting, storing and querying complex graph-relational data from diverse sources. We also have a role for web frontend development, requiring skills in designing usable, focused, data-driven interfaces, and automation engineers with experience with integrating software and/or testing at scale. Requiring no specialized security skills (though such skills are valued), these roles are a unique opportunity to be part of the team that architects and delivers groundbreaking security to more than a billion devices.
Apply online (https://jobs.apple.com/us/search?job=113644011&openJobId=113...) or send a resume to email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
-- FEAR — Apple's Fraud & Security (FEAR) team — is responsible for protecting Apple’s users and the services they rely on. We’re hiring for both junior and senior roles and looking for software engineers who love building large-scale distributed systems. Senior engineers should have 5+ years working on distributed systems. Junior engineers should have a strong data structure and algorithm background plus proficiency in a statically typed language such as Java, C++ or Scala. We’re also hiring tools & automation engineers to help us develop the high-quality infrastructure that enables us to ship applications quickly and with confidence. We're looking to hire in our Cupertino, Austin and Vancouver offices.
If interested send your resume to email@example.com with [HN] in the email subject.