ESI Group | Software development engineer | San Diego, CA | Full-time | Onsite preferred post-Covid
ESI Group is currently seeking a software development engineer to work in our San Diego office. We are a small team with diverse backgrounds focused on developing desktop software applications in the field of vibro-acoustics simulation. Our clients include NASA, Boeing, Airbus, GM, and Ford.
We are looking for a developer with a Bachelors/Masters degree in the Sciences or Engineering. The successful candidate must have excellent C++ skills. We also use Python, Qt, MFC and CMake to develop our applications. We use GitLab as our version-control platform with continuous-integration, unit testing and package management via Conan, to complete our DevOps toolkit. We create UI wireframes and write product specifications to refine our development requirements. Many of our team members are skilled in numerical methods and high performance computing.
Being a small team, you'll enjoy a high level of autonomy and the ability to influence new products and features on several levels. You'll learn from our wealth of pooled knowledge and share your expertise in return. The office setting is casual, and we all enjoy the freedom of flex-time schedules.
Please contact Tracy at email@example.com with any questions you may have relating to the position or company. Don't forget to mention HN in the email.
AnotheReality | Milan, Italy | Mid-Senior Game Developer / XR Developer (Unity) & more | On-Site | https://www.anothereality.io/
We're a VR/AR development studio founded in 2016 based in Milan, coming from the game development industry: we mainly develop B2B applications, but we're also working on a platform to enable future developers (technical and not) to easily develop and deploy XR applications, with open source code to be used within game engines or through a web interface with an authoring tool.
We're now looking for a XR Developer (mainly Unity based, but we also welcome people skilled in Unreal Engine) to expand our development team. Min of 3 years of experience, solid coding skills with C#/C++ (and also outside game engines).
See more on the position here: https://www.anothereality.io/company/work-with-us/xr-gamepla...
If you're interested you can mail directly me (CTO) and ask anything you want at firstname.lastname@example.org (add a [HN] in the subject!)
Tesla | Various | Palo Alto; Fremont; Austin; Berlin; Shanghai | Intern/Full Time Tesla has many open positions for interns and full time candidates. Please apply online send an email with your resume to vehiclesoftwarerecruiting@. Please make your subject line: HN <req_id> so we can filter appropriately.
- Service Engineering Senior Manager- https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/service-engineeringseniorm...
- Solar Product Engineer (Python, SQL) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/solar-productengineer-5599...
- Product Engineer, Energy Charging Products (Python, SQL)- https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/product-engineerenergychar...
- Senior Automation Software Engineer (Python, Software Test Automation)- https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/sr-automationsoftwareengin...
- Software Developer, Test Systems (LabVIEW, Python, Database development)- https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-developer-testsys...
- Senior Power Electronics Product Engineer - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/senior-powerelectronicspro...
- Firmware Engineer, System Validation & Automation (Python) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/firmware-engineer-44159
- Systems Validation Engineer, Powertrain Thermals (Python)- https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/system-validationengineerp...
- Software Integration Engineer, Chassis Controls - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-integrationengine...
- Software Engineer, Vehicle Test Automation - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-engineervehiclete...
- Software Validation Engineer, Chassis Systems & Controls - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-validationenginee...
- Embedded Software Engineer, Gateway (C, RTOS) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/embedded-softwareengineerg...
- Embedded Software Engineer, Audio Subsystems (C, Linux, ALSA, audio) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/sr-embeddedsoftwareenginee...
- Embedded Software Engineer, Linux Platforms (C, Linux) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/embedded-softwareengineerl...
- Engineering Manager, Software Platforms (C, Linux) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/engineering-managersoftwar...
- Embedded Software Engineer, Battery Management Systems (C, RTOS, BMS, SIL, software-in-the-loop) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/embedded-softwareengineerb...
- Embedded Software / Firmware Engineer, Body Controls (C, RTOS, firmware, robotics, sensors) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/embedded-softwareengineer-...
- Firmware Validation / Software Engineer in Test, Body Controls (C, Python, test, validation) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/firmware-validationenginee...
- Software Engineer, Computer Vision and AI - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-engineercomputerv...
- Autopilot, Motion Planning Engineer - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/autopilot-motionplanningen...
- Autopilot, Deep Learning Engineer/Scientist - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/autopilot-deeplearningengi...
- Autopilot, Senior Linux Software Engineer (Devise drivers, Linux, Kernel programing) -https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/autopilot-seniorlinuxkerne...
- Autopilot, Systems Software (GPU, CUDA, OpenCL, C++) -https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/systems-softwareengineer-a..., Systems Software Engineer
- Autopilot, Deep learning Infrastructure Engineer (Ml, Python, HPC) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/autopilot-deeplearninginfr...
- Autopilot, Build Software Engineer (CI, Developer tools, Bazel, Build Systems) - https://www.tesla.cn/en/careers/job/autopilot-buildandciinfr...
- Autopilot, Hardware in the loop Software Engineer (HIL, hardware design, validation) -https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/autopilot-hilinfrastructur...
- Software Engineer, Maps and Navigation (C++, Golang, Python) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-engineermapsnavig...
- Backend Software Engineer, AI Tooling (Python) - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/backend-softwareengineerai...
Spring 2021 and/or Summer 2021 Internships:
- Integration - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-integrationengine...
- Embedded Systems - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-embeddedsystemsen...
- Software QA - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-qaengineeringinte...
- Infotainment UI - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-infotainmentuieng...
- Video Games - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-videogamesenginee...
- Factory Firmware Integration - https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-factoryfirmwarein...
comma.ai | San Diego | Software Engineers/Safety Engineer/ML/Full Stack/Navigation Designer | ALL FULL-TIME | ONSITE ONLY
comma is a profitable company solving self driving cars while delivering shippable intermediaries. Think Tesla Autopilot, but aftermarket, for existing cars (Hondas, Toyotas, etc).
* Software engineers to develop openpilot through new features, simulation, and testing infrastructure.
* A Machine Learning Engineer to build tools to track, analyze, and fix failures of the driving system as well as work on our automatic ground truthing and ML pipeline.
* Navigation Designer, can you build a Waze like app people will use? Then reimagine it combined with openpilot. Know QT5 or have similar SDK experience.
* Also hiring a Full Stack Engineer, an Office Assistant, and a Safety Engineer.
Our stack is largely Python, with some C/C++ and JS(React)
Interview Process (roughly): Coding challenge, 2 phone screens, and a paid micro-internship on site.
https://www.comma.ai/jobs for more detailed job descriptions.
* Reach out with a GitHub/LinkedIn to email@example.com
VSCO | Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Senior Platform Engineering Manager, Senior iOS Engineer, Senior Server Engineer, Server Engineer | Oakland, CA | Full Time
VSCO is a creative channel. We build creative tools, spaces, and connections driven by self-expression. Our mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
We value generalists over specialists. Our technology stack includes AWS, Chef, Terraform, Bazel, Envoy, Kubernetes, Docker, gRPC, TensorFlow, Spark, Java, Kafka, Titan, Mongo, Go, C++, Node.js, PHP, Swift and Objective-C on iOS, Kotlin and RxJava on Android, and React.
We're a relatively small engineering team of about 50 people - meaning your work will have a lot of impact. We truly encourage being yourself at work and it shows in the creative code we write :)
Apply at https://vsco.co/about/careers or feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy to chat and answer any questions!
National Robotics Engineering Center | Software, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, UI | Pittsburgh, PA, USA | ONSITE | Full Time | H1-B VISA
The National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC), a robotics research and development powerhouse, is looking for experienced developers, especially in embedded systems, robotics, perception, deep learning, data science, and AI. For more than 21 years NREC has brought together a critical mass of software and hardware engineers in order to take technology from the laboratory to the real world. NREC maintains a diverse portfolio of projects, from Augmented Reality driver assistance to full off-road autonomy and from advanced teleoperation to full autonomous manipulation.
NREC is part of the Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University, focused on commercialization of robotic technologies, and employs over 150 people in their off-campus facility. An NREC developer can go from developing mapping for a mining robot operating in extreme environments (https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/solutions/mining/profiler.html) to developing hardware and controls for unique research vehicles (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-URxpqi0oAU). Another may go from developing training products for humanitarian workers (https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/solutions/defense/other-projects...) on to assistive technologies that make work easier for farmers around the world (https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/solutions/agriculture/other-agri...).
A subset of our openings:
C++ and Python software engineers - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/software-engineer-2.html
ML/AI Engineering - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/software-engineer-machin...
Computer Vision engineers - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/robotics-engineer-comput...
User Interface - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/user-interface-software-...
If you have questions or are interested in any positions in robotics, please contact Christine DeCarolis ( email@example.com ). In your communication, please mention hacker news.
OnSpecta | Redwood City, CA & Warsaw, Poland or Remote | Performance Engineer (HPC) | Visa
OnSpecta is an early-stage startup founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and deep learning experts, and was born out of MIT’s neuroscience lab. We offer a Deep Learning Server (DLS) which increases the performance of deep learning computations on Intel and ARM CPUs, GPUs and ASICs etc. We're a small team (~15), so you'll have a huge opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for talented software performance performance engineers to work directly with our technical founders. If you have experience in C++ and are interested in working on cutting-edge AI/ML infrastructure tech, please reach out to us. See more at http://onspecta.com/careers.html
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "HN: " in the subject. (Note: we're open to remote work, but you must be in California's or Central/Eastern Europe's timezones. Local candidates are preferred. Mostly remote now due to Corona.)
Symmetry Investments | Many Varied Roles | REMOTE or VISA (London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey) | D, Julia, Kotlin, other functional and systems languages | Full-Time, Fixed Term, Flexible
Roles we are hiring for:
- Technical: developers, DevOps, infosec, documentation, UX, process designers, documentation, team and tool design, Windows and Linux desktop support, system / server administration
- Business: risk, operations, legal, compliance, finance, administrative, organisational design, documentation, internal communication, investor relations processes
- Investment: economics, analytics, portfolio research, investment research
- Market Data: contract administration, data cleaning
Location: Remote or sponsorship for a visa in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey
Term: Full-time, fixed-term contract, flexible hours
Languages: Dlang (D), Julia, Kotlin. We do not use but value experience in modern C++, beautiful C, Haskell, Ocaml, Rust, Elm
Qualities and traits we value: Curiosity, Extreme motivation, Mechanical sympathy, Extreme intellectual capabilities, A love of tinkering, Resourcefulness, Good taste and love of beauty, Common sense and commercial orientation, Practical people who are at the same time unreasonable when they ought to be, Highly individual people oriented to promoting survival and flourishing of the group
Symmetry Investments is a post startup c. USD 6.5 billion alternative asset management company with around 220 people across multiple time zones and locations. Our core technology team has been remote first for some time, and the whole company is following suit, post-COVID.
I'm one of the three people running the firm, responsible amongst other things for technology across the firm and I’m posting this myself. That should give you an idea both about how seriously we take technology and the culture of the firm. We are three years into a period of transformation from initially a fairly standard enterprise finance technology approach to something new that recognises the importance of both the humane and the technical for discretionary portfolio management and for the business of running an alternative investment manager.
It's not easy to integrate practitioners who may spend most of their day programming but are oriented towards solving their business problems with developers who are specialists in programming. To achieve this, we wrote a little functional DSL that's now in production. Type inference of returns and parameters using inequality constraints is in a feature branch and there is plenty more to do on the language itself as well as the ecosystem around it. What might be a project in itself elsewhere can be just a set of functions in Symmetry Integration Language.
The language is written in D, we hosted dconf last year and will do so again this year. So we are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D as well as people to work with practitioners writing Symmetry Integration Language. Also looking for people to write documentation and work on the build.
It's quite a creative place where we encourage a degree of courage amidst practical constraints, and we are open to doing things a different way if it's commercially sound and in the interests of our investors.
We look for virtues and capabilities over only experience and credentials although those things aren't a disadvantage. Do not let a lack of credentials or qualifications prevent you from applying. We've recently hired experts with C++, Common Lisp, D, Haxe, Julia and Perl backgrounds, and are happy to bring them up to speed with the tools we use.
Compensation is currently not quite at Netflix standards but is generous to very generous over time by broad technology industry standards. We recognise and reward technical accomplishment and have a very flat structure - don't be surprised if our founder and CIO starts asking you questions about your work.
- All Spreadsheets Must Die (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZi9CSB9_kk)
- Lessons from a DSL where all you have is Ranges (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtuzSlKRmzA)
- Alternative Investment Management (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rMq-4rWgis)
- Symmetry GitHub (https://github.com/symmetryinvestments)
- Symmetry Autumn of Code (https://dlang.org/blog/2020/08/23/symmetry-autumn-of-code-20...)
Contact: Email laeeth at kaleidic.io and cc jthompson at symmetryinvestments dot com.
Weyerhaeuser | Scientific Programmer | Seattle, WA / Remote | Full Time
Weyerhaeuser Company (www.weyerhaeuser.com) owns and manages approximately 13 million acres of commercial timberlands in the U.S., including a southern ownership that extends from the east coast of North Carolina and Florida to eastern Oklahoma. Weyerhaeuser is committed to sustainable forest management that includes protecting aquatic resources and all ownership is certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
We are looking to hire an aspiring, competent Scientific Programmer to work on our Advanced Forestry technology team.
As a member of the Advanced Forestry Systems (AFS) team at Weyerhaeuser you will work on a diverse range of projects involving data pipelining, web development, geospatial analysis, and machine learning. The AFS team mission is to ensure the availability of reliable and cost-effective forest information for the optimal management of Weyerhaeuser land and timber. The AFS team is committed to fulfilling this mission by providing world-class data acquisition, analytical technologies, and support.
Technologies: R, Python, C++, AWS, geospatial libs (GDAL, GIS etc)
I can answer questions if anyone has them (email in profile).
If you are interested, you can apply through the company portal here (Req ID:01015158): https://weyerhaeuser.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobsearch...
SpaceX | Software Engineering | ONSITE - Redmond, WA OR Los Angeles, CA | ITAR restrictions apply | spacex.com/careers
--Apply directly using the link below or email your resume to email@example.com--
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not.
SpaceX in Redmond, WA is looking for software engineer’s to build software used to design, develop, launch, and operate a low latency, high capacity satellite broadband network for Starlink.
Location: Redmond, WA (onsite)
Sr. Network Automation Engineer (Starlink): https://grnh.se/27b08de32us
Network Engineer (Terrestrial Assets): https://grnh.se/ca5cd6062us
Sr. Software Engineer (Starlink) https://grnh.se/5c2de4082us
Manager, Product Security Engineering: https://boards.greenhouse.io/spacex/jobs/4696185002?gh_jid=4...
Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact on a super inspiring mission.
We're also hiring in our headquarters in Los Angeles!
Location: Hawthorne, CA (onsite)
Firmware Engineer: https://grnh.se/712215f52us
Software Engineer (C++): https://grnh.se/c32f20ac2us
Software Engineer (Starlink Applications): https://grnh.se/f93ab1eb2us
Network Security Engineer (Firewall Automation): https://grnh.se/e4081e3d2us
Join the only company in the world that launches & lands rockets, sends humans to space, builds an interplanetary rocket, and an entire space internet constellation!
Location: New York City, REMOTE OK.
Financial market data capture, normalization, delivery.
Okera | San Francisco (SF) and Seattle (REMOTE considered for the right candidate) | Full-time, VISA
Okera opens up data for greater innovation by scaling access and governance across heterogeneous, distributed data environments. The Okera Active Data Access Platform manages data access across a multi-cloud, multi-datastore and multi-tool world reducing friction between agility and governance. With greater accessibility, protection and visibility, you have the confidence to move forward to innovate.
Your data can do more. It can be used by analysts and data scientists to drive innovation. It can help you discover untapped markets, unseen opportunities, and unproductive workflows. It can change the way your business and the world works.
The Okera platform tackles the hardest issues behind data access and governance across hybrid and multi-cloud environments—giving you the ability to explore your data’s potential like never before. Our vision is to enable self-service analytics with responsible data access so that everyone can benefit from the potential of data in the enterprise.
Open positions include: * Staff Backend Software Engineer - Data Platforms (San Francisco or Seattle) * Staff Backend Software Engineer - Data Platforms * Staff Frontend Software Engineer (San Francisco or Seattle) * Senior or Staff Frontend Software Engineer * Staff DevOps Engineer * Director of Product * Technical Writer
Okera Careers: https://www.okera.com/careers/
Backend Tech Stack: Java, Go, C++, Kubernetes and the big data ecosystem (Spark, Presto, Hive, Impala, etc)
Frontend Tech Stack: React, Python, Redux, and Cypress.
Questions? Contact myself (email in profile) or Chris via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online! You can read more about us at https://www.okera.com as well.
Immunant | Senior Staff Engineer | REMOTE | Full-time | https://www.immunant.com
The team at Immunant is working tirelessly to make the lower levels of the modern software stack more secure. We are looking for a fellow systems programming expert to help us harden components used by hundreds of millions of users each day. If you have experience with C/C++/Rust, an eye for detail, and a high degree of self-motivation, we'd love to talk.
We are located in Southern California but are also interested in strong candidates who wish to work remotely in the US. More details here: https://www.immunant.com/jobs
Send questions or your application to email@example.com; please mention HN in subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Origin | Fullstack, Embedded, Robotics | San Francisco (SF) | ONSITE | https://origin.io
Origin is a startup building 3D printers for mass manufacturing. Our DLP polymer printers are used in production today.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we rapidly developed and 3D-printed nasal test swabs which were approved by the FDA. Hundreds of thousands of units were delivered to hospitals and test centers: https://www.origin.io/npswab/
Join our software team as we continue to improve our 3D printers. We're looking for generalists who have experience with any one of the topics below:
- hardware devices
- embedded linux
Also looking for senior Node.js developers to work full-stack.
Genesis Therapeutics | Burlingame, CA | Onsite (Flexible WFH) | Full-time | https://www.genesistherapeutics.ai
We’re a hybrid AI + biotech start-up, developing novel neural networks to predict molecular properties and using them to accelerate the development of new medicines.
Looking for great software engineers and ML researchers with an interest in drug discovery -- no biology or chemistry experience required. We all learn from each other here.
- We currently have a small team of excellent AI + software engineers: graduates from Stanford, UC Berkeley, MIT. Previously worked at Facebook, Google, Memsql, Jane Street
- Core deep learning tech was invented by co-founder + CEO Evan Feinberg during his PhD at Stanford’s Pande lab (the lab that did Folding@Home). See the peer-reviewed PotentialNet paper: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acscentsci.8b00507
- Seed round led by Andreessen Horowitz, and we currently have lots of runway
- Our platform was validated in collaboration with a top-five pharma company, in a public paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/1903.11789
- In addition to strong software + AI talent, our small team has top drug discovery chemists who have collectively discovered several FDA-approved drugs before
Here are our open roles:
- AI Engineer (Research Scientist): https://jobs.genesistherapeutics.ai/apply/NAtx0CsIIL/AI-Engi...
- Infrastructure Engineer: https://jobs.genesistherapeutics.ai/apply/l4acEy0fZl/Infrast...
- Software Engineer: https://jobs.genesistherapeutics.ai/apply/ILdjypU87G/Softwar...
Interview process: 1-2 one-hour technical phone screens, 1 day on-site (now virtual) with 3 one-hour technical questions. All these include extra time to chat, answer your questions about Genesis, and meet us. Can go from first email to offer in a week or two
Tech Stack: python, C++, pytorch, postgres, docker, kubernetes, various computational chemistry libraries + tools
Please apply online, or email me your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enlitic | Infrastructure Engineers, Data Engineers, Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, Design Systems Engineers, Deep Learning Researchers | Full-Time | ONSITE | San Francisco, CA or New York, NY | https://www.enlitic.com
Where intelligence meets empathy, Enlitic is a San Francisco-based company that uses data to advance medical diagnostics. By pairing world-class radiologists with data scientists and engineers, we collect and analyze the world's most comprehensive clinical data, pioneering medical software that enables doctors to diagnose sooner with renowned accuracy.
Benefits & perks: 401k 10% match, premium medical, dental, vision and FSA options, equity, $180/month wellness fund, pre-taxed commuter benefits, unlimited PTO, company-wide bi-weekly work from home days, lunch provided 5 days a week, snacks.
Technologies: Python, Typescript, React, C++, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, Tensorflow, and PyTorch.
Interested? Please apply here: https://www.enlitic.com/careers
Doctype | Software engineer | Stockholm, Sweden | ONSITE, VISA or REMOTE (worldwide) | Full-time | https://www.doctype.se/
We're a small digital agency based in Stockholm, Sweden. Currently around 15 people. We have an office in the heart of Stockholm, but our employees are free to work from wherever they feel most productive. We've built https://lemondogs.com/, https://www.gothiaecup.com/, https://beta.esportal.se/, amongst other websites. Our largest clients are within the eSports segment.
We’re currently looking for a software engineer with reverse engineering skills to work with us on client-sided anti-cheat technology. The project you would be working on is a standalone client built in C/C++, Go and x86 Assembly. Our current tech stack is mainly Go, MariaDB and React,
* Good understanding of C and x86-64 assembly
* Good understanding of the Windows NT kernel
* Good grasp of reverse engineering
* Eager to learn
Nice to have:
* Experience with reverse engineering malware/cheats/games, the windows NT kernel
* Experience with binary instrumentation
* Experience with hardware-assisted virtualization (such as VT-x and AMD-V), SLAT (Second Level Address Translation) (e.g. EPT, NPT)
* Understanding cryptography primitives
You’ll be working together with another anti-cheat engineer to combat cheaters in video games. Mail me at: email@example.com
Genesis Global Trading | Software Engineer | Full Time | New York, NY | https://genesistrading.com/
The digital currency market is the most exciting and fastest-growing segment of finance, with new institutions and capital from around the world entering the space every day. Genesis Global Trading, a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, is a pioneer in the industry, launching the first digital asset trading desk in 2013 and the first institutional lending business in 2018. Today, Genesis sits at the forefront of the industry, a global leader in digital asset trading and lending.
Genesis Trading is seeking a talented Software Engineer based out of the NYC office with interest in building latency-sensitive low-level systems. The Software Engineer will focus on the proprietary trading platform and adjacent systems. Flexibility to develop across multiple languages, particularly in C++, Go, and Python preferred.
Origin | Fullstack, Embedded, Robotics | San Francisco (SF) | ONSITE | https://origin.io
Origin is a 3D Printing startup, focused on building 3D printers for mass manufacturing rather than prototyping. Our DLP polymer printers are being used in production.
During Covid-19 our nasal test swabs were approved by the FDA and we sold hundreds of thousands to hospitals and test centers.
Join our software team as we continue to improve and iterate on the printers. We're looking for generalists who have experience with any one of the topics below:
- hardware devices - robotics - embedded linux - networking - Node.js/C++
Also looking for senior Node.js developers to work full-stack.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org (lever currently down due to an outage https://status.lever.co/)
Celonis (https://www.celonis.com) | Multiple Roles | Munich (Germany), Madrid (Spain), New York, Raleigh, NC | Full time | ONSITE (currently WFH)
Celonis is a German tech startup with a >2.5BN valuation and the global leader in the process mining technology. We mine data from arbitrary source systems such as SAP, Salesforce, Microsoft and many other enterprise systems to help our customers discover process inefficiencies and turn insights into action. Hundreds of enterprises around the world including Siemens, L’Oréal & Uber rely on Celonis technology to guide action and drive change.
We are hiring in RALEIGH (US):
- Customer Support Team Lead (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/172650/374423/1598986...)
- Platform Engineer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/172141/374423/1598986...)
We are hiring for in MUNICH (Germany):
- Senior Java Developer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/166841/374423/1598986...)
- Senior ABAP Developer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/173827/374423/1598986...)
- Senior Big Data Engineer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/173828/374423/1598986...)
- Senior Frontend Engineer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/166839/374423/1598986...)
- Platform Engineer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/166836/374423/1598986...)
- Senior UI/UX Designer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/166342/374423/1598986...)
- Tech Lead Machine Learning (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/170920/374423/1598986...)
- C++ Engineer for Database Development (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/166831/374423/1598986...)
We are hiring in MADRID (Spain):
- Senior Java Full Stack Engineer (https://celonis.talentry.com/share/job/168579/374423/1598986...)
Markforged | Software Engineers (Senior-level, full stack) | ONSITE (REMOTE FOR NOW) | Boston, MA, USA | https://www.markforged.com
Markforged builds cutting-edge cloud connected industrial 3D printers that produce parts 50x faster that are 23x stronger and 20x lower-cost. We print in composites (eg. carbon fiber) and in metal!
Our software stack: * Webapp - Express.js / AWS backend, AngularJS / WebGL frontend, Electron for optional desktop client, CoffeeScript * Computational geometry engine for part slicing - Written from scratch in CoffeeScript and C++. Runs on AWS Lambda, in-browser, or on desktop client * Printer touchscreen application - Node Webkit / AngularJS + Python, all on top of a custom Debian image on a BeagleBone * Printer firmware - embedded C on a custom board
Types of developers we look for: Public web-app, embedded web app, devops, computational geometry
To apply email me directly with your resume at email@example.com or go to www.markforged.com/jobs to check out our full slate of jobs and apply there.
Matterport | Senior Software Engineer, Frontend/3D | Sunnyvale / San Francisco, CA | Full-time | REMOTE VISA
Matterport makes a 3D camera and web platform that allows users to easily capture and display 3D models of physical spaces. Check out some example spaces in our gallery: https://matterport.com/gallery
Some interesting facts about us:
* We host over 3,000,000 highly detailed 3D models of real places captured by our cameras, amounting to over 3PB of data.
* We serve over 90 million 3D views every month, which amounts to over 45 billion requests and 2PB of data.
The WebGL team makes our 3D viewing and editing applications for the web and VR. Core technologies include Typescript, THREE.js, WebGL and Preact. The team sits at the very end of our 3D pipeline: 3D data gets uploaded from our cameras, processed by our vision pipeline in C++, Python, and TensorFlow, before REST APIs serve the data to the WebGL and VR applications, which is what the end user sees.
If you have worked with 3D engines before, or if already know "normal" web development quite well, and want to take the next step into the world of 3D and WebGL, send me a note at hakon (at) matterport (dot) com.
What we do:
Application complexity is shooting through the roof, and a large part of the reason is obsolescence of underlying data platforms that were built for centralized and simpler workloads. We are building the next generation data fabric for cloud native applications - where data mobility and portability is a central theme. This vision is matched by the passion of the founding team (with experience at Google, Facebook, and other internet scale companies), and we are recruiting our first engineers that will help establish the direction for the platform and establish the culture for the company.
What you'll do:
As a Founding Engineer, you will design, implement, and deploy highly distributed, large-scale services. You will translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design. You will be very hands on, and work with others on the engineering team to manage day-to-day development activities, and participate in designs, design reviews, code reviews, and implementation. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about delivering high quality solutions to complex engineering problems, while working within a team.
--BS or MS in Computer Science or a similar field (PhD a -plus)
--Track record of successfully shipping systems or infrastructure software
--Experience with lower level systems programming in C or C++
--Previous experience building distributed databases or storage software
--Experience with cloud-based technologies
If you're interested in our tech or joining our team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (:
HyperCube | Software Engineer: Distributed Data Systems | New York, NY (NYC) & San Francisco Bay Area, CA (SF) & Tel Aviv, Israel | Full-time | https://grnh.se/7bf4a2f63us
HyperCube is pioneering a Deep Learning platform for information retrieval. We provide customers with DL search, recommendation, and personalization capabilities that until now have been in the hands of a few large tech giants. Our team includes founders of multiple startups, CS professors, and world-class engineers formerly from Amazon, Google & Facebook.
We’re looking for a distributed systems engineer who is an expert of database internals, and well-versed in information retrieval.
If you’re excited about hard problems at the intersection of AI/ML, search engines, and databases, if you like moving fast, and feel restless when a day goes by without attaining something impactful, it’s an opportunity to join an exciting startup as one of the early employees.
You should have:
* At least 4 years of experience as a Software Engineer
* Extensive experience in database internals and information retrieval
* Experience in building web-scale services and distributed systems
* Proficiency in at least one scripting language, such as Python, Scala
* Proficiency in at least one compiled language, such as C++, Go, Java
While not necessary, it would also help to have experience with either embeddings, nearest-neighbor search, productionizing ML models, or DL frameworks (such as TensorFlow, PyTorch).
Shield AI | San Diego, CA | www.shield.ai | Onsite | Remote Considered (For certain roles) | Full-Time
Shield AI is an artificial intelligence robotics company building products for the national security sector and first responders. We are searching for people ready to rise to the occasion and join us in developing state-of-the-art technology alongside a mission that matters. Are you up for the challenge?
Positions Open Across Technical Teams: https://jobs.lever.co/shieldai -- Android Developer -- Artificial Intelligence: Senior Software Engineer C++ -- Embedded Software Engineer -- Senior Cloud Data Architect -- Senior Machine Learning Engineer -- Senior Autonomy Engineer -- Core Engineering Services -- Senior DevOps/Software Engineer -- Platform Solutions: Electrical Hardware Test Engineer-- Senior Mechanical Engineer -- Robot and Systems Software: Principal Software Engineer -- Product Operations: Technical Product Manager for Autonomy -- Technical Product Manager for Controller and Fleet Management Software -- Technical Program Manager for Autonomous Platforms
Our team is built of scientists, engineers, and business leaders inspired by our mission; to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems.
Roblox | San Mateo, CA | Full Time | REMOTE through June 2021 -> ONSITE July 2021
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We are recruiting across multiple teams and positions. We are actively hiring and all interviews are currently done via phone & Zoom.
Our top priority roles are:
- Backend Web Engineer: 5+ years experience; Fluent in C#, C++, Java, or another OOP language
- C++ / Lua Engineer: 3-5 years experience; Proficient in C++; Experience with Lua preferred
- C++ / UI Engineer: 3-5+ years experience; Proficient in C++; Experience with building very complex end user applications
- C++ 3D Modeling Engineer: 3-5+ years experience; Proficient in C++ (and/or Python); focus on 3D APIs
- Software Engineer, Distributed Caching/Infrastructure: 3+ years experience building software to manage infrastructure
- Data Engineer: 3+ years experience; Expert with Java and Go; Custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Tech Lead/ Engineering Manager: 3-5+ years leading projects and/or teams; Proficient in C++ (and/or Python); focus on growing and mentoring teams
- UI Engineer: 2-4+ years experience; Strong Python; Build tools to accelerate the development process for millions of engineers
Please reach out to "efife at roblox.com" and mention this Hacker News post.
Or, to find more information, see our full list of open positions, and apply, please visit:
Smarkets | Full Time | ONSITE [REMOTE during the plague] (London, UK; also Downtown LA, California)
We're a modern betting exchange, going technology first to enable proper price competition in a field of fat commissions. Join a small and agile team in our beautiful office in St. Katharine Docks. If our US location tickles your fancy, you get to help a sunny satellite office too. For the time being, thanks to Covid, we are in fully remote mode.
Smarkets develops a reliable, low-latency, highly concurrent betting exchange based on trading exchange designs. We're also building a fast, modern web interface to allow for a smoother experience. Servicing our users is top priority.
Production environment is in AWS. In fact, Smarkets was the first gambling operator under the Maltese regulator to get permission to run everything in the cloud. We push the envelope where needed and educate auditors when necessary.
We are looking for engineering talent all across the board: frontend and mobile, infrastructure, trading engine, security - and of course generalists, those yet to find their calling.
If you like the idea of flat structure and practical engineering approach, see our jobs at https://smarkets.com/careers .
ß: to pre-empt questions on why C++ or why not Erlang - our exchange team have promised to put together a proper write-up on the tradeoffs, design constraints, performance needs, etc. In fullness of time, that is, when the most painful (and probably interesting) migrations are behind them.
Koddi | Currently seeking FT employees in the following locations: Ann Arbor, MI | Fort Worth, TX | Austin, TX | New York, NY
Open roles: Senior Software Engineers (Go, Java, C, C++); QA Automation SDET (Cypress, PostgresDB, TimescaleDB, Go); Senior Software Engineering Leads/Manager (all locations); Senior Product Manager (adtech experience preferred); Senior Data Engineer; Data Scientist; Technical Recruiter
Passionate about development in leading technologies? Looking to become a major player on a diverse team? Want to make a big impact on an engineer-driven roadmap in your next career adventure? Koddi Engineers drive innovation by embracing challenges and deploying emerging technologies to solve complex problems in software development.
Koddi is a technology company that was born in 2013 from an opportunity to innovate in the adtech space. Our award-winning SaaS platform provides a robust network for travel and hospitality brands to connect with consumers and drive more revenue through unified metasearch, social, and programmatic campaigns.
Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, we've grown exponentially to become a diverse team distributed across the globe. Koddi empowers over 400,000 properties and has driven more than $20 billion in transactions for clients. The Koddi platform has the most travel data points in the world, giving travel marketers a new and advanced way to reach their customers.
Review all open roles at www.koddi.com/careers and apply directly, or send your resume to email@example.com. We are 100% remote until 2021, likely to return in a flex capacity thereafter. Please reach out with any questions. We are not currently seeking external recruitment partnerships at this time.