Level 5 | Self-driving Research | Palo Alto, US & London, UK & Tokyo, Japan | Full-Time + Interns | Onsite (Hybrid - 2 days in p/w - currently closed)
Level 5 at Woven Planet develops real-time car automation solutions via applied Machine Learning and Computer Vision (SFM, SLAM, 3D Perception etc). The system is adding self-driving capabilities to vehicles with the end goal of providing autonomy features to all cars from the largest car company in the world, Toyota. For more information please read through https://www.self-driving-cars.org
The platform at Level 5 is written in Python & C++. We are an AWS environment with additional use of NumPy, PyTorch, GRPC, Kafka, Kubernetes, Terraform, SageMaker, Spark, Postgres & others. We work in a OneBox cloud environment with continuous deployment and are firm believers in the benefits of open source (https://github.com/woven-planet/l5kit). We apply multiple flavours of ML to petabytes of data; such as Deep Learning, Transformers, Neural Networks & Reinforcement Learning. If you are interested in applying Machine Learning (ML) to real world data - look no further. https://www.self-driving-cars.org/datasets
If you like the idea of working on some of the most challenging problems in applied computer science. We are looking for talent across Data, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Infrastructure, Research - and of course Software Engineering. Please find our jobs at https://boards.greenhouse.io/l5
Astranis | Flight Software Engineer, Ground Software Engineer, Software Engineer- System Modelling , Software Engineer - Controls and Simulations | San Francisco, CA 94107 | Onsite Hybrid | FULLTIME ONLY Astranis is seeking to hire talented software engineers at all levels in our new HQ located at the historic Pier 70 in San Francisco! Astranis just raised a $250M Series C led by BlackRock. With multiple micro-geo-satellites sold and our first launch on the horizon in May 2022, we plan to triple our headcount over the next year. Astranis is the micro-geo-satellite innovator that is here to change internet access for the 4 billion people still without! Our satellites are built in months and at a fraction of the industry standard cost. Tech: Python, Django, React, MongoDB, AWS / C++, RTOS, Embedded Linux, Our compensation offers: Competitive base salary + pre-ipo equity Health, dental, vision, & life insurance Unlimited PTI Lunch and dinner EVERYDAY! Commuter benefits 401K
Click here to find out more about a specific engineering role: Flight Software Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/astranis/4150eb43-06f8-4273-9ab0-c04d1... Ground Software Engineer:https://jobs.lever.co/astranis/c7d0ba9b-38b9-4c74-8d6e-cb9df... Software Engineer - System Modelling:https://jobs.lever.co/astranis/c90aaf61-2d6c-4014-aafa-cf4b8... Software Engineer - Controls and Simulations:https://jobs.lever.co/astranis/368cb9a0-28b8-4225-8659-e1273...
Green Key Partners | Senior Software Developer | Full-time | In-person (NYC)
Green Key Partners is a cryptocurrency trading firm specializing in active, high-frequency algorithmic strategies and portfolio risk management. Using statistical and machine learning models paired with low-latency execution engines, our returns have consistently outperformed cryptocurrencies on a risk-adjusted basis. Founded in 2017 by two Dartmouth alumni, the firm has grown to become a successful proprietary trading operation that now seeks to raise its first outside fund.
We are looking for a software engineer to support our high-frequency trading operations in digital assets. Day-to-day, this role will involve developing and refining the trading, reporting and operational infrastructure that allows our traders to execute strategies across cryptocurrency exchanges. Aspects of the role will also involve constructing and maintaining data pipelines and optimizing the firm’s data architecture.
The following skills and experience will be required for all applicants: - Strong proficiency/fluency in C++ and/or Rust - Strong Python skills - Experience developing and working with databases - Basic shell scripting and familiarity with Unix system
The following skills would be very helpful, and would help a candidate grow the role going forward: - Experience interacting with Ethereum (or other Layer 1s), or DeFi platforms generally - Experience writing smart contracts - Proficiency building low-latency execution software - Experience working with financial data
Apply by sending resume (and, if under 5 years' experience, most recent/relevant transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org; any questions can be directed to the same address.
Expensify | Software Engineer - React/JS/PHP/ReactNative/Java/C++ | Remote | Full-time| https://we.are.expensify.com/#workwithus
Join our passionate team of top-notch engineers to solve a real-world problem, and help people spend less time managing expenses and more time pursuing their real goals. As we revolutionize the way people manage their expenses, being part of the Expensify team means building the easiest, fastest, and most efficient platform to automate everything expense-related.
For the best possible fit, we are looking for someone who:
* Has experience writing real-world software to solve real-world problems.
* Communicates well, both interpersonally and in their code.
* Is a natural problem solver, knows how to solve problems by automating their solutions.
Understands the role and impact that programming can have on the organization as a whole.
Wants to develop and grow their skills in programming and leadership within the organization.
Please visit https://we.are.expensify.com, and we can’t wait to meet you soon!
National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC) | Software, Computer Vision, ML, Simulation, IT | Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Full Time | ONSITE | H1-B VISA https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/index.html The National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC), a robotics research and development powerhouse, is looking for experienced developers, especially in embedded systems, robotics, perception, deep learning, data science, and AI. For more than 25 years NREC has brought together a critical mass of software and hardware engineers in order to take technology from the laboratory to the real world. NREC maintains a diverse portfolio of projects, from Augmented Reality driver assistance to full off-road autonomy and from advanced teleoperation to full autonomous manipulation. NREC is part of the Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University, focused on commercialization of robotic technologies, and employs over 160 people in their off-campus facility.
Featured Openings: Software Engineer for Robot Testing - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/software-engineer-robot-... Software Engineer (Robotic Infrastructure) - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/software-engineer-infras... Senior UI Software Engineer - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/senior-ui-engineer.html Data Engineer - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/data-engineer.html Software Python / C++ Engineer - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/software-engineer.html Robotics Simulation Engineer - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/robotics-simulation-engi... HPC Systems Administrator - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/hpc-systems-administrato... Technical Recruiter - https://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/careers/technical-recruiter.html
If you have questions about NREC or are interested in any position in robotics, contact Christine DeCarolis ( email@example.com ). In your communication, please mention Hacker News.
Meter | Cambridge, MA and San Francisco, CA | Onsite | https://careers.meter.parts
Meter is developing next-generation volumetric imaging technology. In other words, we’re building a machine that can see inside of anything and cloud-based software for processing the complex, volumetric data that results. Our goal is to give engineers, designers, and eventually medical practitioners more confidence in their processes and lower the barrier to high-quality imaging and inspection tools.
To learn more about who we are, our engineering culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/meter
Our open positions:
* Backend Web Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/meter/fc472097-af9f-4a6b-93f9-73e1e067...
* Frontend Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/meter/c08268c9-84ef-4a93-89ef-e7f649b4...
* Junior Backend Web Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/meter/51ee2b19-bfa5-43b7-92c4-ee9e7e8e...
* Lead Django Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/meter/c5a09903-5eca-47ae-aca8-65997981...
* Lead Django Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/meter/fbfa4341-3b02-43da-9696-3dec9d9f...
* Senior Frontend Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/meter/cb33bb3a-f861-4aa1-b47f-56b72ed2...
* Mechanical Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/meter/b23a3390-6f83-47fd-bfe8-369651b4...
Tech Stack: Core: Python Frontend: react, typescript, threejs Backend: PostgresQL, AWS 3D graphics: openGL, C++
Shell TechWorks | Senior Software Engineer, Software Intern | Boston, MA | ONSITE or REMOTE |
Shell TechWorks is an innovation center for Shell based in a brand-new building in the Seaport area of Boston MA.
Our primary goal is bringing creative people from outside the energy industry to solve a number of challenging problems. Our office consists of software, electrical, mechanical, architecture, systems, integration, and field support all under one roof!
We are looking for passionate developers who enjoy working on a wide array of software technologies. Individuals that excel at STW have an entrepreneurial mindset/background and is willing to grow and learn with our team. Each of our projects run 3-6 months and can differ greatly from one to the next. We have worked in mobile, web, visual analytics, optimization, machine learning, and IoT projects.
Although we like to use the right tool for the job, we do have some common tech stacks that we have been using: - ReactJs, NodeJs, GraphQL, Azure/AWS Services, Cloud Native technologies such as Kubernetes/Docker/Terraform, C# .Net Core, Python, Rust and C++. However, it is important to know, we are also given great flexibility for the technologies we can use in the proof-of-concept phase. This will provide each team member with the opportunity to propose and execute on new pathfinding ideas that help transform the energy industry!
Anyone who are interested in this challenging fast paced environment, with great opportunity for growth and impact please contact us at:
Hiring Manager - Rob Madore - rmadore at shelltechworks.com
Software Manager - Chris Boutiette - cboutiette at shelltechworks.com
Available slot counts at the time of posting:
2-3 x Interns
2 x Senior Software Developers
We are a recently founded stealth startup founded by veterans of robotics industry working on a new category of product based on a different approach to self-driving. It does not require years of R&D and we are shipping it to our customers early next year. We just raised $XX M seed round and are looking for founding members to join our team in US and Europe.
You will be in great company. We are founded by serial entrepreneurs and industry experts with decades of research and experience across robotics, software and AI. We led cutting-edge robotics & autonomous driving products at Lyft, Google, Zoox, Toyota, Facebook, Microsoft, Stanford, Oxford and Cornell.
Come and join us. We know what it takes to turn bleeding-edge ideas into reality - hire world-class talent and create an environment where people can flourish. We pledge to make sure you have everything you need so you can love your work and truly make a difference to the world.
We are looking for: - Video Streaming Engineer (Gstreamer, h264, WebRTC)
- Software Integration Engineer (Drivers for sensors (GNSS, Lidar etc), C++, network protocols)
- Dev infrastructure Engineer (Devops, cloud + build infra, CI/CD, Docker)
- Robotic Platform Engineer (Middleware, pub-sub, ZeroMQ, C++)
- Embedded Engineer (Development of drivers for RTOS Linux, HIL, ISO-26262)
- Generalist SWE (C++, full-stack - London only)
- AV Technician (installation of sensors, harnesses etc)
- Field Ops Lead (teleoperation, safety documentation, training documentation)
If you are someone who enjoys building new things and want to hear more please consider applying to join our team in Palo Alto, CA or London, UK (remote positions also welcomed) please reach out - https://jobs.lever.co/orcamobility | firstname.lastname@example.org
LUMICKS | Multiple roles | Amsterdam, NL | FULL-TIME / PART-TIME, ONSITE, VISA | lumicks.com
Software engineers at LUMICKS write the code behind two of the most exciting instruments in life sciences, C-Trap and z-Movi. C-Trap helps scientists to understand fundamental biological processes by visualizing and manipulating single molecules of DNA and proteins. z-Movi is a unique immunology tool which uses acoustic waves to allow researchers to understand how immune cells interact with cancers on a single cell level.
As a team we are responsible for the full software stack that powers our instruments, from data acquisition and processing through to the analysis software used by scientists in laboratories across the world. We bring it all together with intuitive user interfaces so our customers can focus on the experiment they want to perform, not the complex hardware and analysis underneath. We care deeply about providing our users with easy-to-use, reliable software that actively supports Open Data and Reproducible Science.
As a software engineer at LUMICKS you'll get the opportunity to work alongside a range of other disciplines including biologists, immunologists, and mechanical and electronics engineers as we continue to develop our instruments towards our goal of improving human health.
We are currently looking to fill the following roles:
- C++ Software Engineer (all levels of experience) - see https://lumicks.com/vacancies/cpp-software-developer
- UI / UX Software Engineer (experienced) - see https://lumicks.com/vacancies/ui-ux-software-engineer
- QA Engineer (experienced) - see https://lumicks.com/vacancies/qa-engineer
- Python Developer Automated Testing (experienced) - see https://lumicks.com/vacancies/python-autofat-engineer/
We use the following technologies:
- C++20 for our core codebase, Qt (QML) for the UI, and Python 3 for automation and analysis.
- CMake builds everything and Conan manages our dependencies.
- Libraries we use include abseil, asio, caf (C++ actor framework), catch2, cereal, fmt, opencv, pybind11, ranges-v3 and spdlog.
Read the full job descriptions, and apply directly, at: https://lumicks.com/careers
Zivid | Oslo, Norway | Full-time | VISA | ONSITE | Software Test Lead & Software Engineer | https://zivid.com
Zivid designs and sells award-winning 3D vision to the international robotics market. Think of our products as the human-like eyes for robots! As part of scaling up the company and ensuring we continue to deliver a robust industrial-grade product, we are stepping up our game in system-testing our software and its interplay with our hardware.
Software Test Lead:
https://zivid.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=66 | Deadline: January 9th, 2022
- Identify holes in our test coverage, set priorities for the team, and report the current state of testing to stakeholders - Oversee the design and implementation of appropriate tests and ensure the test coverage remains high - Be hands-on with implementation - Work closely with the software team from the start and help build our new test team
https://zivid.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=68 | Deadline: January 23rd, 2022
- Design and develop libraries, write programs that automate advanced procedures and novel test scenarios - Build high level, user-friendly components for test automation
Tech stack: Cross-platform C++17, OpenCL, Halide, Qt/QML, git, Python 3.9, clang-tidy, clang-format, Github Actions, CMake, Catch2, boost, Docker, Vagrant, KVM, C++/CLI, C#, Sphinx, Elastic Stack.
Joinmassive.com | Senior C++ Windows/Mac | REMOTE | Full-time
The Massive SDK is an ethical alternative to current online monetization. The SDK lets developers charge their users for premium services and in-app items with a little bit of their unused computing resources, rather than money or ads.
We’re backed with over $11M of seed funding led by point72 https://techcrunch.com/2021/11/30/massive-wants-to-rent-your...
Our team is growing fast, Massive is a US company with a fully remote dev team, we’re looking to hire 3 engineers:
Senior C/C++ Developer, SDK & Integrations Senior C/C++ Developer, Mining R&D Senior Backend API Developer
more details here : https://jobs.joinmassive.com
to apply : Send info to jobs[at]joinmassive.com
Symmetry Investments | Many Varied Roles | REMOTE GLOBALLY or VISA (London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey) | D/C/C++, Julia, Typescript, Haskell/Ocaml/ML | Full-Time, Fixed Term, Flexible
## Roles we are hiring for - Business Analysts: business analysis, documentation, team and tool design
- Native Code Developers: We are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D. Our experience has been that strong C and C++ developers can learn D quite quickly.
- Functional programmers to work with practitioners in delivering value to the business using Symmetry Integration Language.
- Documentation: At Symmetry we recognise the value of writing and have for example a Pulitzer prize-winning former WSJ journalist and a maintainer of Linux Kernel Newbies documentation. We are looking for people to write technical documentation and to document data structures and processes (open to varying range of technical ability depending on the project).
- Front end design: designers - ideally with some ability to program - to work on usability and aesthetics for our applications and other information-presenting systems, on both web and desktop
- Designers for documentation: Now that non-programming internal work is moving to markdown in git, we are hiring designers to work on templates and mini-logos for documentation and other work.
- Data Science: time series analysis in particular, including high frequency data sets that are too big for simple tools
- Information Security: incident response, threat intelligence, vuln management
- Platform: Platform as Code, Site Reliability Engineers, Windows desktop support; frontline server support and administration; application support
- Legal and Compliance: #lawyerswhocode or who are very comfortable working with markdown in git
- Accounting: are you the sort of person who would use #ledger-cli ? If so, we would like to hear from you.
- Business: risk, operations, administrative, organisational design and business strategy, investor relations processes
- Investment: Economics, Quant, Portfolio Research, Investment Research, Portfolio Management and Trading
- Market Data: contract administration, data cleaning, alternative data research and management
Location: Remote or sponsorship for a visa in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey
Term: full-time permanent, fixed-term contract, flexible hours.
- Dlang (D)
- we do not use but value experience in modern C++, beautiful C, Haskell, Ocaml, Rust, Elm
## Qualities and traits we value
- Courage and daring
- Phronesis (practical wisdom), common sense and commercial orientation
- Practical people who are at the same time unreasonable when they ought to be
- Highly individual people oriented to promoting survival and flourishing of the group
- Inclination and ability to notice and understand links between seemingly-unrelated things
- Extreme motivation
- Mechanical sympathy
- Extreme and unusual intellectual capabilities
- A love of tinkering
- Good taste and love of beauty
## About Us
Symmetry Investments is a post startup USD 9+ billion alternative asset management company with around 250 people across multiple time zones and locations.
Our core technology team has been remote-first for some time, and the whole company is following suit, accelerated by the pandemic.
I'm co-CEO and co-COO, responsible amongst other things for technology across the firm and I’m posting this myself. That should give you an idea both about how seriously we take technology and the culture of the firm.
We are five years into a period of transformation from what was initially a fairly standard enterprise finance technology approach to something new that recognises the importance of both the humane and the technical for discretionary portfolio management and for the business of running an alternative investment manager. [Amaury Sechet](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR4PSExnqk), [Andrei Alexandrescu](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U7WAlKpQ) and [Atila Neves](https://dlang.org/blog/2019/10/15/my-vision-of-ds-future/) have been working with us as long-term consultants and we have many other talented people with lower public profiles.
It's not easy to integrate practitioners who may spend most of their day programming, but are oriented towards solving business problems, with developers who are specialists in programming. To achieve this, we wrote a little functional DSL that's now in production. Type inference of returns and parameters using inequality constraints is in a feature branch and there is plenty more to do on the language itself as well as the ecosystem around it. SIL can compile and call C++, D, and C# at runtime and interoperate with Python and R.What might be a project in itself elsewhere can be just a set of functions in Symmetry Integration Language.
The language is written in D and we have a close involvement with the D Foundation and community, hosting DConf in London. So we are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D as well as people to work with practitioners writing Symmetry Integration Language. Also looking for people to write documentation and work on the build.
It's quite a creative place where we encourage a degree of courage amidst practical constraints, and we are open to doing things a different way if it's commercially sound and in the interests of our investors.
We look for virtues and capabilities over only experience and credentials although those things aren't a disadvantage. Do not let a lack of credentials or qualifications prevent you from applying. We've recently hired experts with C++, Common Lisp, D, Haxe, Haskell, Julia and Perl backgrounds, and are happy to bring them up to speed with the tools we use.
Compensation is currently not quite at Netflix standards but is generous to very generous over time by broad technology industry standards. We recognise and reward technical accomplishment and have a very flat structure - don't be surprised if our founder and Chief Investment Officer starts asking you questions about your work.
## Symmetry Talks
- Presenting SIL-cling to Compiler Research Group at Princeton (https://youtu.be/7teqrCNzrD8)
- Symmetry Internship Project - calling C++ from SIL (http://dconf.org/2020/online/index.html#alexandru)
- All Spreadsheets Must Die (https://youtu.be/FZi9CSB9_kk)
- Lessons from a DSL where all you have is Ranges (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtuzSlKRmzA)
- Alternative Investment Management (https://youtu.be/1rMq-4rWgis)
- Symmetry GitHub (https://github.com/symmetryinvestments)
- Please apply using this link (https://jobs.lever.co/symmetryinvestments/c8a9b95e-bdf0-459c...).
Redpanda (formerly known as Vectorized) | Remote | Full-time | https://redpanda.com/careers
Come shape the future of streaming! We are the startup behind Redpanda, a Kafka-compatible event streaming platform. With a compelling combination of no data loss, operational simplicity, and consistent performance at scale, Redpanda takes advantage of modern hardware to deliver the modern streaming platform for mission critical workloads.
Redpanda is looking for the following roles within engineering:
* Cloud Engineer - https://redpanda.com/careers/cloud-engineer/
* Test Infrastructure Engineer - https://redpanda.com/careers/test-infra-engineer/
* Engineering Manager, Core - https://redpanda.com/careers/engineering-manager/
* Engineering Manager, Cloud - https://redpanda.com/careers/engineering-manager-cloud/
* Developer Productivity Engineer - https://redpanda.com/careers/devprod/
* Support Engineer - https://redpanda.com/careers/support-engineer/
* Site Reliability Engineer - https://redpanda.com/careers/sre/
* Developer Experience Engineer - https://redpanda.com/careers/devex/
* Kubernetes Engineer - https://redpanda.com/careers/kubernetes-engineer/
* Technical Content Developer - https://redpanda.com/careers/tech-content-dev/
* C++ Core Engineer - https://redpanda.com/careers/cplusplus-core-engineer/
See these jobs and more in other parts of the company on our careers page at: https://redpanda.com/careers
To apply, visit the above job-specific URLs, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
CredCore | Programming | Remote | India | Full-Time
CredCore is a well-funded early-stage startup based out of New York City building solutions for the $10 trillion US debt sector. Our product suite is primarily targeted at CFOs and Corporate Finance departments, helping them navigate the complex landscape of corporate debt deals and make better decisions with AI-assisted data analysis.
We're hiring for Front-End, Backend, and UI/UX roles. The positions are for our India operations (in Bangalore and Pune), but you may work remotely. For these specific roles we're looking for candidates from India.
Required Skills for Front-End roles: Experience in JS or TypeScript, familiarity with any modern JS UI framework (such as React, Vue, Svelte etc), and NodeJS. Familiarity with Functional Programming is a plus.
Required Skills for Backend roles: Experience in JS, TypeScript or Python, familiarity with any statically typed language (such as Java, Go, Rust, C++, C#), databases such as Postgres, familiarity with Functional Programming (in any language), and experience with Cloud Environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, DigitalOcean etc).
Good to haves for Backend roles: Experience with Shell Scripting, Machine Learning, Kubernetes and DevOps.
Good to have for all roles: Projects on GitHub, or other portfolio we could review. Or Blogs, Tech Talks, Videos, Papers and Patents. Exposure to Financial Services industry is another plus.
We offer: Competitive salary and equity, Remote-first work environment, Health and Insurance Coverage, Reimbursement for setting up your home-office, or for relevant learning opportunities.
We're still busy setting things up. For now, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. We track real-time positions of aircraft around the world through a network of 30,000 radio receivers (Raspberry Pi).
We are hiring for the following fully remote positions (Europe, CET +/– 3h):
Full-stack Developer (PHP/API/JS)
Senior C++ Developer
Software Engineer - Python
Site Reliability Engineer
- (this role is optionally remote, however only in the vicinity of Stockholm, Sweden)
Velo3D | Campbell, CA | US Based | Velo3D.com | Onsite, Fulltime
Velo3D is a mature startup creating a future of manufacturing where previously impossible components are now a reality. We are working towards allowing customers to reliably print any geometry they require in a variety of metals. Doing so requires solving hard geometric, computational and visualization challenges. Our products are 3D printers as well as made-to-order parts printed in-house.
Software Engineering Manager, Assure: - manage a team of software engineers, grow the team by hiring software engineers - execute full software development cycle (SDLC) - work with program management to define project schedule and execute according to those schedule - communicate cross-functionally with Print Software, Flow Software, process, and other teams to implement new functionality - Evaluate user feedback, participate in changes, and ensure software is properly validated prior to releasing internally and to customers - minimum of 3 years of software engineering management experience - hands-on software development experience, proficiency in python is a plus - BS or above in CS/Engineering and at least three years of applicable experience
Senior Software Engineer, Print Software - Requirement: solid knowledge of modern C++, (C++11 or newer) and multithreading - Must have at least one of the following: Python, Industrial automation experience, Hardware troubleshooting experience, motion control system knowledge, experience with industrial control protocols, digital signal processing, image processing, Qt or QML - Candidates will be self-driven and independent thinking. The candidate shall have strong written and communication skills and have a strong desire to work for a startup company on disruptive technology and make it a success - BS or above in CS/Engineering or related fields.
Technical Trainer: https://jobs.lever.co/velo3d/e19b0749-7b08-4306-9ac2-e4e9483...
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Genesis Therapeutics | Burlingame, CA | Onsite (Flexible WFH) | Full-time | https://www.genesistherapeutics.ai
We’re a hybrid AI + biotech start-up, developing novel deep learning and molecular simulation techniques to predict molecular properties and using them to accelerate the development of new medicines.
We raised $52M Series A from Andreessen Horowitz + well-respected biotech investors, and have deployed our technology on several internal drug programs as well as a multi-target collaboration with Genentech, driving discovery progress at a speed rarely seen in the industry. Now we are scaling the team and technology to support many more drug programs in parallel as well as increasingly difficult protein targets.
We currently have a team (https://www.genesistherapeutics.ai/#team) of about 30 people, split 50/50 between our ML / software team and our biochem team of veteran drug hunters in our own wetlab space. Our ML + software engineers are top-notch -- many graduates from MIT, UC Berkeley, Stanford. Previously worked at OpenAI, Google, Facebook, SingleStore (FKA MemSQL), Jane Street, etc.
We're looking for pure software engineers (no bio or chem experience expected) to help build flexible production systems to integrate our ML models, molecular simulation platform, and molecular generation techniques into our drug programs. This includes helping build individual algorithmic components, iterating on our chemist-facing model deployment pipeline, and leveraging our autoscaling cluster of hundreds of GPUs and thousands of CPUs processing billions of molecules / day. See the full job description here: https://jobs.lever.co/genesistherapeutics/e76a97f1-1157-4bb7...
We're also hiring ML research scientists and computational chemists. Here are all of our open roles: https://jobs.lever.co/genesistherapeutics/
Interview process: 1-2 one-hour technical phone screens, 1 day on-site (optionally virtual) with 3 one-hour technical questions. All these include extra time to chat, answer your questions about Genesis, and meet us. Can go from first email to offer in a week or two
Tech Stack: python, C++, pytorch, postgres, flask, docker, kubernetes
Please apply on our website, or feel free to reach out via email directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hero Labs | Elixir, Python, C/C++, DevOps | Remote (EU timezone) | Full-time | https://www.hero-labs.com/
Hero Labs mission is to solve real-life problems with truly smart IoT technology. After a couple of years of research and development, Hero Labs is ready to launch its first commercial product - Sonic, the smartest leak protection system ever created.
* DevOps engineer - https://herolabs.recruitee.com/o/devops-engineer
* Elixir Backend Developer - https://herolabs.recruitee.com/o/elixir-backend-developer
* Python Developer - https://herolabs.recruitee.com/o/python-developer
* Embedded Developer - https://herolabs.recruitee.com/o/embedded-developer
ActiveVideo | http://activevideo.com | Hilversum NL
Looking for an allround AOSP/android systems developer who is comfortable going from C++ to Java, from init to stagefright, from vold to art and surfaceflinger to bionic.
Somewhat longer version:
We are building a platform where we run AOSP at scale inside a cloudy system, where graphics (GLES2) and audio/video media is offloaded to a custom thin client running on STBs. At the core of this product there is our own port of AOSP running in an x86_64 container instead of on an ARM SOC. We have tons of cool work to be done on this platform: custom services, optimizing resource usage, tweaking UI's, etc.
We are looking for someone who is strong at graphics and multimedia, is comfortable with both C++ and Java, and most important of all: who has loads of experience hacking their way around all levels of AOSP. We are located in The Netherlands, although with the current COVID situation I guess there is no hurry to move. Being in .eu time zone is a pro.
If you are interested, please drop mail me at email@example.com and I'll be glad to answer any questions and provide more details.
Orion browser is the newest browser for Apple devices bringing together the power of Safari, Chrome and Firefox all in one, WebKit-based, browser.
We are hiring:
- macOS developers
- iOS developers
We are based in SF Bay Area, USA but hire globally, specifically focusing on giving young, talented developers with little or no prior formal work experience a chance.
To apply or for any questions, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tenzir | C++, ReasonML, Rust, Python | Remote - EU | Open-source | Full-time | https://tenzir.com
Tenzir is a funded seed-stage startup that builds a next generation data-plane for plug-and-play security operations. Our mission is to empower defenders with an open platform to perform automated data-driven investigations through combination best-of-breed solutions. Our stack consists of the high-performance C++20 telemetry engine VAST (https://github.com/tenzir/vast), a Rust API, and a ReasonML-based frontend.
Our open engineering positions include:
- Lead Frontend: https://tenzir.workable.com/jobs/2032753
- DevOps: https://tenzir.workable.com/jobs/2035096
- Platform: https://tenzir.workable.com/jobs/2043974
- Database: https://tenzir.workable.com/jobs/2033126
- Security: https://tenzir.workable.com/jobs/2049717
We are based out of Hamburg, Germany, but cultivate an agile remote-first mindset. If you live in the region and look for a System Administrator position, we’d love to hear from you!
For any questions, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
NZXT | REMOTE (Prefer US to East Asia timezones) | Senior Software Engineer | Full-time | https://www.nzxt.com/
NZXT is a fast-growing company made up of gamers, builders, and PC enthusiasts dedicated to creating hardware, software, experiences, and services that surprise and delight gamers of all types. Our company is staffed with creative, motivated people who truly love what we do, and we are dedicated to making it easy, fun, and rewarding to play games.
NZXT is also building the next generation of desktop software for media capture & streaming. If you’re interested in working with/learning about game capture, video compositing, streaming overlays, or just product challenges facing up and coming streamers, send us an application!
* Senior Software Engineer, Streaming (Typescript/React, Remote): https://nzxt.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=382&source=aWQ9MT...
* Senior Software Engineer, Streaming (Typescript/React, Taipei, Taiwan): https://nzxt.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=406&source=aWQ9MT...
We are looking for senior software engineers for our NZXT CAM team. We build software features for PC hardware such as hardware configuration, GPU overclocking, and performance monitoring and visualizations that impact millions of users daily. Join our team of smart, user-focused, and empathetic developers on this unique opportunity to work at the crossroads of hardware, desktop, and web.
* Senior Software Engineer, NZXT CAM (Rust / C++): https://nzxt.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=429&source=aWQ9MT... * Software Engineer, NZXT CAM (TypeScript/React, Remote): https://nzxt.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=428&source=aWQ9MT...
For more information about NZXT, visit https://www.nzxt.com/
We are also hiring for other positions, for more information please visit: https://nzxt.com/careers
Tuple | Senior Linux App Developer | Full-time | Remote
Tuple is a native macOS/Linux application for doing low-latency remote pair programming. We were discussed recently here on HN: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=29641907
We are a bootstrapped, profitable, distributed team of nine very friendly humans.
We're looking for a strong C++ dev with experience creating great Linux apps to lead development of our new client (currently in alpha – launching publicly soon).
Full job description here: https://tuple.app/jobs/senior-linux-app-developer.
If you think you might be a fit, we'd love to hear from you :)
8th Wall | Full Time | Palo Alto, CA | ONSITE | https://www.8thwall.com
8th Wall develops the world's leading WebAR platform. We run on the cutting-edge of today's modern web, leveraging WebAssembly, WebGL, and cloud edge-compute to enable augmented reality that runs in the mobile browser, no app needed. Company Info: 30+ people, tech-focused, growth stage.
Hiring for the following roles:
* Software Engineer [Generalist] (https://boards.greenhouse.io/8thwall/jobs/4054220002)
* Software Engineer [Web Frontend] (https://boards.greenhouse.io/8thwall/jobs/4047213002)
* Software Engineer [Computer Vision / Machine Learning] (https://boards.greenhouse.io/8thwall/jobs/4047214002)
* Data Scientist (https://boards.greenhouse.io/8thwall/jobs/5700517002)
* DevOps Engineer (https://boards.greenhouse.io/8thwall/jobs/5493082002)
* Tech Lead, Ads Platform (https://boards.greenhouse.io/8thwall/jobs/5787492002)
Saildrone | Multiple Roles | Onsite/Remote | SF Bay Area (Alameda) | Full-Time | https://www.saildrone.com/
Saildrone is the world's leading collector of ocean related in situ data via uncrewed vehicle, above and below the sea surface. Government, scientific, and commercial organizations around the globe rely on Saildrone to deliver the critical information they need—when they need it.
Maybe you saw that we hucked a drone into a category 4 hurricane. Or maybe that we recently raised a $100M series C. Or maybe you didn't see any of that, but you're still intrigued by the idea of autonomous, long endurance sailboats that help us better understand our planet.
In addition to software engineers, we're also hiring for a bunch of other positions across the company in production/manufacturing, hardware engineering, product management, and more!
You can see a list of open positions on our career page: https://www.saildrone.com/careers
Please apply through our career page; be sure to select "Other" and specify this HN post when asked how you heard about us!
FlightAware | multiple roles | REMOTE (US timezones) | Houston / US | https://flightaware.com/about/careers/
Hey everyone, FlightAware is hiring for a number of positions, including interns, UX Lead, iOS, full stack web, SRE, and engineering manager. Our team is headquartered in Houston, Texas, but we work as a distributed team and accept remote applicants for work within the United States.
Psiphon | Senior Software Engineer | https://psiphon.ca | Toronto, Canada | Full-time | REMOTE for now, REMOTE/ONSITE hybrid later
Psiphon Inc. is looking for experienced software developers to join our Toronto team.
= What we do =
We develop and operate Psiphon, an Internet anti-censorship network that helps millions of people in freedom-restricted countries access uncensored Internet every day. We work at the leading edge of circumvention technology, where the latest network protocol and endpoint obfuscation research is rapidly deployed into production around the world.
Our tasks include censorship technology research, server and client software development, and operation of a dynamic, global network of thousands of proxy servers.
We’re a small team looking for skilled and enthusiastic people to join us. We offer great compensation and benefits and flexible work arrangements.
= Tech stack =
Much of our system is open source, check it out at https://github.com/Psiphon-Inc/psiphon/ and https://github.com/Psiphon-Labs/psiphon-tunnel-core
= Contact =
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adacore | Software Engineers | Full-time | Remote, New-York, Paris, Bristol, Toulouse, Tallin, Grenoble, Vannes...
Adacore is the maintainer of GNAT, the Ada compiler originally based on GCC (but now with many more backends: LLVM, Why3, JVM...). We also have a lot of tools revolving around the Ada ecosystem (IDEs, Coverage tools, Static Analyzers, Formal proof tooling...). We are looking for a lot of different profiles:
- GNU toolchain developpers ( https://app.hellotalent.com/vacancy/gnu-toolchain-developer-... )
- Compiler Engineer ( https://app.hellotalent.com/vacancy/compiler-software-engine... )
- Devsecops people ( https://app.hellotalent.com/vacancy/senior-software-develope... )
- Cybersecurity engineers ( https://app.hellotalent.com/vacancy/senior-cybersecurity-eng... )
- Services engineers ( https://app.hellotalent.com/vacancy/service-and-mentorship-e... )
- QA Release Engineers ( https://app.hellotalent.com/vacancy/qa-release-engineer-ed94... )
- Techincal Marketing Engineers ( https://app.hellotalent.com/vacancy/technical-marketing-engi... )
Some of these roles involve working with Ada, some don't (we use a lot of different programming languages: Ada, C, C++, Python, Ocaml...), so it's fine to apply even if you don't know the language!
Roblox Corp. | San Mateo CA, Vancouver BC | Full Time | Onsite
- Senior Backend Web Engineer: 5+ years exp.; C#, Java; experience dealing with complex large scale systems
- C++ / Lua Engineer: 3-5 years exp.; Proficient in C++; Experience with Lua preferred
- C++ / UI Engineer: 3-5+ years exp.; Proficient in C++; Experience with building very complex end user applications
- C++ 3D Modeling Engineer: 3-5+ years exp.; Proficient in C++ (and/or Python); focus on 3D APIs
- Sr. Software Engineer - Cache Infrastructure: Building large distributed systems, on-demand deployment of large-scale Redis and Memcached clusters; C#, Go, Rust, Docker, HashiCorp’s Consul, Vault & Nomad
- Data Engineer: 3+ years exp.; Expert with Java and Go; Custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Tech Lead/Engineering Manager: 3-5+ years exp. leading projects and/or teams; Proficient in C++ (and/or Python); focus on growing and mentoring teams
- Principal Software Engineer, Growth: 7+ yrs exp.; FE/BE, Java, GO, Python, architect-level, Tech lead/leadership experience
- Principal ML Engineer, Bots & Spam: 8+ yrs exp.; ML, Python, SQL, leadership skills, etc.; Bots, Spam, fraud, security experience a plus.
- Senior SREs - Orchestration Systems: 5+ years exp.; SysAdmin or SWE heavy OK; Building, scaling, and improving Consul, Vault, and Nomad in a hybrid cloud with focus on bare metal. Chef, Terraform, Containers, Python, Ruby, Go, etc.
See our full list of open positions and apply at: https://corp.roblox.com/careers/
onXmaps, Inc | Montana or REMOTE, USA only | https://www.onxmaps.com/careers
ABOUT – Are you an Engineer who loves the outdoors? Join onX! onX is a suite of digital navigation apps (Hunt, Offroad, and Backcountry) that empower millions of outdoor enthusiasts. If you’re passionate about writing great software, love playing outside, believe in protecting access to public lands, and want to dominate the off-pavement mobile GPS market – then join our team, where we empower millions of outdoor enthusiasts to explore the unknown!
We have multiple openings! View them here: https://www.onxmaps.com/join-our- team
Here are some of the technologies we work with:
3D (OpenGL, Metal, C++)
Data Automation (Python, PostgreSQL, GIS)
Backend (Go, Elixir, GraphQL, GCP, Kubernetes)
Web (Vue JS)
Quality (Cypress, XCUITest, Espresso)
Feel free to email us as well at email@example.com
Elementary | Software (C++, Python), Embedded (Jetson), CV/ML, DevOps (AWS) | Full-time | Los Angeles, CA (remote OK on some positions) |
We just secured $30 million in Series B funding led by Tiger Global and Threshold Ventures, Fika Ventures, Fathom Capital, Toyota AI Ventures, and Idealab. With this new capital we plan to expand our engineering, sales and support teams to service an incredible list of recently acquired customers.
Our mission is to make manufacturing more efficient and less wasteful through scalable, automated, data-driven products that support strained quality inspection teams who continue to experience massive labor shortages due to the ever-expanding demand for manufactured goods. Our goal is to inspect 100% of products coming off of production lines, reducing manufacturing defects and eliminating costly and dangerous recalls of products that ultimately wind up in consumers hands.
“There are few trillion dollar markets like manufacturing, and watching the execution level of the Elementary team to land and expand with global, Fortune 200 companies has been extremely exciting to be a part of.” - Mo Islam, Elementary Board Director and Partner at Threshold Ventures.
Please feel free to either apply to the job postings directly or email me your resume at dan [at] <domain>.com to discuss.
QuestDB | Developer Relation Engineers, Python Backend Engineers | Remote
QuestDB (YC S20) is an open source time series database. Find more about us here: https://questdb.io/about-us/
We're hiring Developer Relation Engineers, Python Backend Developers, Core Database Engineers (zero-GC Java, C++) and Customer Success Engineers. https://questdb.io/careers/
Citymapper | London, UK (Office and Remote) | REMOTE, VISA | Multiple roles
Over a near decade we’ve built some of the greatest technology in mobility. Now it’s available to everyone via our B2B offering.
Learn more about "Powered by Citymapper" https://citymapper.com/poweredby
Tech stack: backend runs on Kubernetes (EKS) on AWS. Mostly Python, some C++ and (recently) Rust. Mobile apps use Swift and Kotlin, our website uses React.
Hiring for backend, routing, mobile, web, designers, PMs.
If any of these interest you - please put in an application at https://citymapper.com/jobs - you can also contact me directly: emil at citymapper.com
Hudson River Trading (HRT) | C++ & Python & Web Engineering Roles | NYC New York City Chicago Austin London Dublin Singapore | Full Time
You may have heard of us before, either by reputation or in the news lately. We're a fully automated trading firm (HFT) that prides itself on feeling like a tech company. It's been a good year, and we're looking to expand broadly.
My team is looking for Python application developers:
We're also looking for people who like to bridge the gap between C++ and Python
Web Developers (yes!)
And like the Navy SEALs, we're always interested in qualified applicants for
Trading Algo Development (you should really like statistics)
And plenty of miscellaneous things you might expect an HFT to do.