Tracsis | Remote or On-site | Full-time | Haskell / Functional programmers | Leeds, UK
Tracsis are using Haskell to revolutionise UK rail operations; building high-availability, cloud-hosted systems for UK rail companies to manage everything from timetabling, through planning and on-the-day operations.
If you're passionate about Haskell, or other functional programming languages, and want to make a difference, get in touch - we've got multiple positions available at different levels, and we're always excited to hear from people who share our passion!
Tech stack includes: Haskell (Yesod, Servant), Postgres, Nginx, AWS, Vue
Apply or enquire via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Open positions: https://tracsisops.com/careers/vacancies/
Channable - https://www.channable.com | Utrecht, The Netherlands | ONSITE (post Covid) - Remote EU (in consideration)
Join one of the fastest growing scale-ups in the Netherlands. We currently have several open engineering positions to join our team in Utrecht. We are a young company with a strong engineering culture and some unique data problems, that we are solving for our customers. You can read more about the kind of work we do on our blog: https://tech.channable.com/
We currently process tens of billions of products per day and offer technically interesting and challenging work. We are looking for highly motivated and skilled engineers to join our team.
- Haskell Team Lead: https://jobs.channable.com/o/haskell-team-lead-utrecht
- Haskell Software Engineer: https://jobs.channable.com/o/haskell-software-engineer-2
- Security Engineer: https://jobs.channable.com/o/security-engineer-2
- DevOps Engineer: https://jobs.channable.com/o/devops-engineer-3
- Python Software Engineer: https://jobs.channable.com/o/python-software-engineer-4
- Front-end Developer: https://jobs.channable.com/o/frontend-developer-2
Hasura (https://hasura.io) | Haskell / React | Global / Remote First | Multiple Roles | Full-time
Hasura is creating tools which help developers quickly and efficiently stand-up GraphQL APIs. We provide instant-on GraphQL APIs, while providing easy-to-use resources for setting up authentication, authorization, and data-access permissions.
We're actively hiring for open positions:
1) Front-End Developer
2) Haskell Developer
3) Engineering Manager
4) DevOps / SRE
5) Product Designer / Developer Experience
Apply Now: https://hasura.io/careers/
Supercede | Software Developer (Haskell) | REMOTE | Full Time
Supercede (formerly Riskbook) builds industry-leading risk placement and analytics software for the reinsurance industry. We are currently a team of 25 people distributed across eight countries. About half of the team are developers, all of which spend most of their time writing Haskell, Elm, and Nix. We're all-in on functional programming, and we're looking for more help.
You must have demonstrable experience building things in idiomatic Haskell, and you should have a solid understanding of how web applications typically work. You should be able to communicate clearly in English, but you do not need to speak excellent English (our team speaks Russian, Ukrainian, Polish, Dutch, German, Italian, French, and more). You'll have flexible working hours and you can work from anywhere, though this is a full-time position and the expectation is that of work based on a traditional 40 hour week, with 25 days of paid annual holiday in addition to your country's national holidays.
We favour asynchronous communication, and try to hire "managers of one". We don't do daily stand-ups. We don't count your hours. We don't work weekends. We support each other in working and learning, and we have a dedicated fortnightly "Research Day" where every programmer is free to not do chores for the product, and instead investigate/learn/play with whatever technology they choose. Want to learn more about type-level programming? Property-based testing? Expert systems? Go right ahead!
Please write me a brief email introducing yourself with your résumé attached to email@example.com.
Symmetry Investments | Many Varied Roles | REMOTE GLOBALLY or VISA (London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey) | D/C/C++, Julia, Typescript, Haskell/Ocaml/ML | Full-Time, Fixed Term, Flexible
## Roles we are hiring for - Business Analysts: business analysis, documentation, team and tool design
- Native Code Developers: We are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D. Our experience has been that strong C and C++ developers can learn D quite quickly.
- Functional programmers to work with practitioners in delivering value to the business using Symmetry Integration Language.
- Documentation: At Symmetry we recognise the value of writing and have for example a Pulitzer prize-winning former WSJ journalist and a maintainer of Linux Kernel Newbies documentation. We are looking for people to write technical documentation and to document data structures and processes (open to varying range of technical ability depending on the project).
- Front end design: designers - ideally with some ability to program - to work on usability and aesthetics for our applications and other information-presenting systems, on both web and desktop
- Designers for documentation: Now that non-programming internal work is moving to markdown in git, we are hiring designers to work on templates and mini-logos for documentation and other work.
- Data Science: time series analysis in particular, including high frequency data sets that are too big for simple tools
- Information Security: incident response, threat intelligence, vuln management
- Platform: Platform as Code, Site Reliability Engineers, Windows desktop support; frontline server support and administration; application support
- Legal and Compliance: #lawyerswhocode or who are very comfortable working with markdown in git
- Accounting: are you the sort of person who would use #ledger-cli ? If so, we would like to hear from you.
- Business: risk, operations, administrative, organisational design and business strategy, investor relations processes
- Investment: Economics, Quant, Portfolio Research, Investment Research, Portfolio Management and Trading
- Market Data: contract administration, data cleaning, alternative data research and management
Location: Remote or sponsorship for a visa in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey
Term: full-time permanent, fixed-term contract, flexible hours.
- Dlang (D)
- we do not use but value experience in modern C++, beautiful C, Haskell, Ocaml, Rust, Elm
## Qualities and traits we value
- Courage and daring
- Phronesis (practical wisdom), common sense and commercial orientation
- Practical people who are at the same time unreasonable when they ought to be
- Highly individual people oriented to promoting survival and flourishing of the group
- Inclination and ability to notice and understand links between seemingly-unrelated things
- Extreme motivation
- Mechanical sympathy
- Extreme and unusual intellectual capabilities
- A love of tinkering
- Good taste and love of beauty
## About Us
Symmetry Investments is a post startup USD 9+ billion alternative asset management company with around 250 people across multiple time zones and locations.
Our core technology team has been remote-first for some time, and the whole company is following suit, accelerated by the pandemic.
I'm co-CEO and co-COO, responsible amongst other things for technology across the firm and I’m posting this myself. That should give you an idea both about how seriously we take technology and the culture of the firm.
We are five years into a period of transformation from what was initially a fairly standard enterprise finance technology approach to something new that recognises the importance of both the humane and the technical for discretionary portfolio management and for the business of running an alternative investment manager. [Amaury Sechet](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR4PSExnqk), [Andrei Alexandrescu](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U7WAlKpQ) and [Atila Neves](https://dlang.org/blog/2019/10/15/my-vision-of-ds-future/) have been working with us as long-term consultants and we have many other talented people with lower public profiles.
It's not easy to integrate practitioners who may spend most of their day programming, but are oriented towards solving business problems, with developers who are specialists in programming. To achieve this, we wrote a little functional DSL that's now in production. Type inference of returns and parameters using inequality constraints is in a feature branch and there is plenty more to do on the language itself as well as the ecosystem around it. SIL can compile and call C++, D, and C# at runtime and interoperate with Python and R.What might be a project in itself elsewhere can be just a set of functions in Symmetry Integration Language.
The language is written in D and we have a close involvement with the D Foundation and community, hosting DConf in London. So we are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D as well as people to work with practitioners writing Symmetry Integration Language. Also looking for people to write documentation and work on the build.
It's quite a creative place where we encourage a degree of courage amidst practical constraints, and we are open to doing things a different way if it's commercially sound and in the interests of our investors.
We look for virtues and capabilities over only experience and credentials although those things aren't a disadvantage. Do not let a lack of credentials or qualifications prevent you from applying. We've recently hired experts with C++, Common Lisp, D, Haxe, Haskell, Julia and Perl backgrounds, and are happy to bring them up to speed with the tools we use.
Compensation is currently not quite at Netflix standards but is generous to very generous over time by broad technology industry standards. We recognise and reward technical accomplishment and have a very flat structure - don't be surprised if our founder and Chief Investment Officer starts asking you questions about your work.
## Symmetry Talks
- Presenting SIL-cling to Compiler Research Group at Princeton (https://youtu.be/7teqrCNzrD8)
- Symmetry Internship Project - calling C++ from SIL (http://dconf.org/2020/online/index.html#alexandru)
- All Spreadsheets Must Die (https://youtu.be/FZi9CSB9_kk)
- Lessons from a DSL where all you have is Ranges (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtuzSlKRmzA)
- Alternative Investment Management (https://youtu.be/1rMq-4rWgis)
- Symmetry GitHub (https://github.com/symmetryinvestments)
- Please apply using this link (https://jobs.lever.co/symmetryinvestments/c8a9b95e-bdf0-459c...).
BitMEX | Analytics team | CH / CA (BC) / SG / HK / Remote (VISA)
Derivatives exchange, USD 1 trillion/y turnover; ~100TB of relational internal data now, PB-scale external sources later; Redshift, PostgreSQL, Tableau, kdb+, legacy Python but open to Haskell/Mercury/Idris on Nix, Rust, Zio, Kotlin, OCaml for new projects.
Spend the morning supporting users then handover to the next time zone. Afternoon for undisturbed R&D.
Mid-level IC roles. Work entirely remotely, subject to regulatory considerations. We can relocate you to Zurich (Switzerland), Singapore, Hong Kong or Vancouver (Canada). Experience programming smart contracts or trading in DeFi is appreciated by management.
Process: filter question > ~1-4h take home test > culture fit call > offer.
Apply here: https://grnh.se/66d1bc4d2us
Primer | Engineering Manager, Software Architect, Front End Engineer, Senior BE Engineer | REMOTE | https://www.sayprimer.com
We're building the "CircleCI of Growth Marketing" at Primer. Growth marketing has boomed in recent years and every B2B company needs a tailored, data-driven approach to their market in order to win business. Primer is enabling our customers to accomplish this much faster without having to engineer an expensive system.
Here are some reasons to work with us:
* We bootstrapped ourselves to $700k in revenue with a team of 4 in 2020 and just raised a small round to grow.
* We invest in our team and catapult careers. Many people end up at top-tiered companies like Dropbox, Facebook, and Tesla beyond working together.
* Our team is fully distributed, supports flexible schedules, and we spend 95% of our time outside of meetings. Many of us have young kids and we prioritize work/life balance.
* 50% of our product/engineering team is women.
* Our engineering ceremonies and technology are world-class, put engineers in the drivers' seat, and emphasize transparency.
* Our culture is high-achieving, genuinely kind, and collaborative.
The roles we'd like to fill are:
* Engineering Manager
* Software Architect
* Front End Engineer
* Senior BE Engineer
Our stack is React/Node, but we welcome polyglots. In general, we're looking for thought partners to help us architect a solution for the future so experience with other languages (e.g. Elixir, Go, Clojure, Kotlin, Haskell, Rust) is a plus. 2+ years experience minimum.
Interested? Feel free to contact me directly at juan [at] sayprimer.com
Stealth - Consumer Fintech | Software Engineer | Onsite: Los Angeles/Remote: USA | Base: $80k - $140k, Meaningful Equity
We're a seed stage company working in creator fintech. Where other companies in this space have focused on extracting more money out of fans, our mission is to fund digital content creators without requiring their fans to pay a dollar out of pocket. We have raised over $2M in funding and are launching our first product this month.
We're looking for one or more backend/full-stack engineers to join our team of 3 mobile and 2 backend engineers.
Tech Stack: Haskell, Nix, AWS, Postgres, React Native, TypeScript, Expo
An inclination/interest in media/fintech/influencer economy is a strong bonus.
We are hoping to find a midlevel or senior Haskell engineer. That being said, we have so far had great success upskilling promising early career engineers and would be would be open to bringing on the right new-grad/dropout/other situation if there is alignment in other areas.
If you don't have professional Haskell experience here are some indications that you may still be a fit: - You have a strong interest in learning production Haskell and have used it for some personal projects - You are able to read and gain useful information from compiler errors - You can spin up a basic web service in Haskell backed by a database - You know the difference between transformers, mtl, and freer - You have experience writing highly functional style code in another language
My name is Noah Sluss and my email is my last name followed by my first name at google's mail service, please include "HN Post" in your subject line.
NoRedInk | Full-Stack Engineers, Senior Full-Stack Engineers, Principal Full-Stack Engineers, Growth Engineers, Platform Engineers, Engineering Managers, Quality Assurance (QA) Engineers, Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts, Data Engineers, Senior Data Engineers, Tooling & Infrastructure Engineers, and Senior Tooling & Infrastructure Engineers | REMOTE from time zones between (and including) Pacific Time (PST) through Central European Time (CET)
We’re a growing ed-tech company on a mission to help all students become better writers! NoRedInk is used by 1 in 2 school districts in the US, and students have answered over 5 billion questions on our platform. If you're looking to join a team of friendly people who listen to and learn from each other, discuss past mistakes openly as we adapt to the challenges that come with progress, all while realizing our mission, then you'll be excited to learn more about us.
Our colleagues span six time zones, California to Berlin and points in between, with lively discourse flowing freely across Slack, Zoom, and the office when we're able to be there. Wherever we're working from, we've always delighted in our work to ship new features—beginning with our curriculum and product teams, designers, through to testing by our dedicated quality assurance folks—that put teachers and students first. 
Our engineering team  takes prides in producing innovative, maintainable software. We use the cutting-edge Elm programming language for all our front-end development. Our back-end is primarily Ruby on Rails by lines of code, though we're actively moving toward Haskell; the majority of our traffic now goes through a Haskell service. We use Amazon AWS for our infrastructure orchestrated primarily using Kubernetes. We write a lot of tests, and use Jenkins for continuous integration. We've also developed and maintain several useful open-source projects.  You can read about our experiences with these technologies on our team blog. 
We’re looking for engineers who want to work on a mission that makes a difference and who are the type of collaborators that value kindness and open-mindedness. If that's you, you can learn more about our interview process  and on-boarding experience , and you should definitely apply through our jobs page! 
Bitnomial | Software Engineer, Devops Engineer | REMOTE US | Full-time | https://bitnomial.com/jobs/
We’re a CFTC-regulated derivatives exchange written in Haskell and React/Typescript. Our first products are physically-settled Bitcoin futures and options. We use ansible and terraform for our operations automation. Trading industry experience is a plus.
We've also got a bunch of open source projects: https://github.com/bitnomial
Tech stack: Haskell, React/Typescript, Postgres, Ansible, Terraform, AWS