MLabs is Hiring Project Managers and Delivery Managers!
We are one of the leading Haskell consultancies in the fintech and blockchain with a passion for Haskell and open source software. We’ve been around for 4 years and have grown to over 100 people!
We are now looking for a remote Project Managers and Delivery Managers to join our team, on a full time basis. For full job descriptions please visit: https://apply.workable.com/mlabs/j/12604820A9/
Requirements: - Knowledge of the Blockchain space, Cardano in particular - Understanding of current and upcoming industry developments - Experience in writing and good understanding of Haskell - Outstanding communication and leadership skills - Attention to detail - Team Leadership experience and project management experience are both beneficial
Benefits: - Fully remote work in your timezone at your schedule - Focus on learning and individual growth - Work with other great open source contributors and computer scientists - Interesting and challenging projects - Competitive salary - Employee token fund for bonuses, travel, conferences - Flexible working hours - 6 weeks of paid vacation
Please apply via: https://apply.workable.com/mlabs/j/12604820A9/
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Symmetry Investments | Many Varied Roles | REMOTE GLOBALLY or VISA (London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey) | D/C/C++, Julia, Typescript, Haskell/Ocaml/ML | Full-Time, Fixed Term, Flexible
## Roles we are hiring for
- Business Analysts: business analysis, documentation, team and tool design
- Native Code Developers: We are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D. Our experience has been that strong C and C++ developers can learn D quite quickly.
- Functional programmers to work with practitioners in delivering value to the business using Symmetry Integration Language.
- Documentation: At Symmetry we recognise the value of writing and have for example a Pulitzer prize-winning former WSJ journalist and a maintainer of Linux Kernel Newbies documentation. We are looking for people to write technical documentation and to document data structures and processes (open to varying range of technical ability depending on the project).
- Front end design: designers - ideally with some ability to program - to work on usability and aesthetics for our applications and other information-presenting systems, on both web and desktop
- Designers for documentation: Now that non-programming internal work is moving to markdown in git, we are hiring designers to work on templates and mini-logos for documentation and other work.
- Data Science: time series analysis in particular, including high frequency data sets that are too big for simple tools
- Information Security: incident response, threat intelligence, vuln management
- Platform: Platform as Code, Site Reliability Engineers, Windows desktop support; frontline server support and administration; application support
- Legal and Compliance: #lawyerswhocode or who are very comfortable working with markdown in git
- Accounting: are you the sort of person who would use #ledger-cli ? If so, we would like to hear from you.
- Business: risk, operations, administrative, organisational design and business strategy, investor relations processes, talent acquisition, human resources (HR)
- Investment: Economics, Quant, Portfolio Research, Investment Research, Portfolio Management and Trading
- Market Data: contract administration, data cleaning, alternative data research and management
Location: Remote or sponsorship for a visa in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey
Term: full-time permanent, fixed-term contract, flexible hours.
- Dlang (D)
- we do not use but value experience in modern C++, beautiful C, Haskell, Ocaml, Rust, Elm
## Qualities and traits we value
- Courage and daring
- Phronesis (practical wisdom), common sense and commercial orientation
- Practical people who are at the same time unreasonable when they ought to be
- Highly individual people oriented to promoting survival and flourishing of the group
- Inclination and ability to notice and understand links between seemingly-unrelated things
- Extreme motivation
- Mechanical sympathy
- Extreme and unusual intellectual capabilities
- A love of tinkering
- Good taste and love of beauty
## About Us
Symmetry Investments is a post startup multi-billion alternative asset management company with 250+ people across multiple time zones and locations.
Our core technology team has been remote-first for some time, and the whole company is following suit, accelerated by the pandemic.
We are five years into a period of transformation from what was initially a fairly standard enterprise finance technology approach to something new that recognises the importance of both the humane and the technical for discretionary portfolio management and for the business of running an alternative investment manager. [Amaury Sechet](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR4PSExnqk) and [Atila Neves](https://dlang.org/blog/2019/10/15/my-vision-of-ds-future/) have been working with us as long-term consultants and we have many other talented people with lower public profiles.
It's not easy to integrate practitioners who may spend most of their day programming, but are oriented towards solving business problems, with developers who are specialists in programming. To achieve this, we wrote a little functional DSL that's now in production. Type inference of returns and parameters using inequality constraints is in a feature branch and there is plenty more to do on the language itself as well as the ecosystem around it. SIL can compile and call C++, D, and C# at runtime and interoperate with Python and R. What might be a project in itself elsewhere can be just a set of functions in Symmetry Integration Language.
The language is written in D and we have a close involvement with the D Foundation and community, hosting DConf in London. So we are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D as well as people to work with practitioners writing Symmetry Integration Language. Also looking for people to write documentation and work on the build.
It's quite a creative place where we encourage a degree of courage amidst practical constraints, and we are open to doing things a different way if it's commercially sound and in the interests of our investors.
We look for virtues and capabilities over only experience and credentials although those things aren't a disadvantage. Do not let a lack of credentials or qualifications prevent you from applying. We've recently hired experts with C++, Common Lisp, D, Haxe, Haskell, Julia and Perl backgrounds, and are happy to bring them up to speed with the tools we use.
Compensation is currently not quite at Netflix standards but is generous to very generous over time by broad technology industry standards. We recognise and reward technical accomplishment and have a very flat structure - don't be surprised if our founder and Chief Investment Officer starts asking you questions about your work.
## Symmetry Talks
- Presenting SIL-cling to Compiler Research Group at Princeton (https://youtu.be/7teqrCNzrD8)
- Symmetry Internship Project - calling C++ from SIL (http://dconf.org/2020/online/index.html#alexandru)
- All Spreadsheets Must Die (https://youtu.be/FZi9CSB9_kk)
- Lessons from a DSL where all you have is Ranges (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtuzSlKRmzA)
- Alternative Investment Management (https://youtu.be/1rMq-4rWgis)
- Symmetry GitHub (https://github.com/symmetryinvestments)
- Please apply using this general link (https://jobs.lever.co/symmetryinvestments/c8a9b95e-bdf0-459c...) or to specific roles listed here (https://jobs.lever.co/symmetryinvestments?lever-source%5B%5D...).
Channable - https://www.channable.com | Utrecht, The Netherlands | ONSITE or Remote EU (in consideration)
Join one of the fastest growing scale-ups in the Netherlands. We currently have several open engineering positions to join our team in Utrecht. We are a young company with a strong engineering culture and some unique data problems, which we are solving for our customers.
You can read more about our work on our tech blog: https://www.channable.com/tech
We currently process more than 100 billion products per day and offer technically interesting and challenging work. We are looking for highly motivated and skilled engineers to join our team.
- Haskell Software Engineer: https://jobs.channable.com/o/haskell-software-engineer-3
- DevOps Engineer: https://jobs.channable.com/o/devops-engineer-3
- Python Software Engineer: https://jobs.channable.com/o/python-software-engineer-5
- Frontend Engineer: https://jobs.channable.com/o/frontend-developer-utrecht
nilenso | Senior Engineer | India | REMOTE | https://nilenso.com
We are a 9 year old boutique technology consulting firm. We care about the impact that we make in the world. As an employee-owned cooperative, we are all stakeholders in how nilenso is run—and we don't need to justify how happy employees impact the bottom line. We're currently a fully remote team of friendly people across India.
We're looking for senior engineers to work with us. View our full job description at https://nilenso.com/jobs/senior-developer/, or email us at email@example.com to apply!
MuKn | Remote, all timezones | Full-time or contract | https://mukn.io/
_Mutual Knowledge Systems_ https://mukn.io is hiring a project manager, a network protocol engineer, a cryptographer, and interns.
Our mission at MuKn (pronounced "moon") is to secure for each person full control on their computing devices and thereby enable universal decentralized computing. Our first customers are cryptocurrency networks and their users, who most than anyone today care to build systems that can't be hacked. Projects we are building include Glow https://glow-lang.org, our portable domain-specific language for Decentralized Applications (DApps), the Laconic Network https://laconic.com, a decentralized solution to indexing blockchain data, and more.
Our main language is Gerbil Scheme https://cons.io, but the ecosystems we work with often use Go (particularly for network protocols), TypeScript (particularly for web interfaces), and sometimes Haskell or Rust. We also use Agda to formalize parts of our codebase. All our code is open source.
As a project manager, you will have to herd a clowder of half-a-dozen to a dozen cats. As a network protocol engineer, your immediate tasks will involve writing code in Go. As a cryptographer, your tasks may involve Schnorr signatures or zk-SNARKs, including code in Scheme, Go or Rust. You should be willing to place nice with the other languages in our codebase.
We’re a fully remote team spread across many time zones. We like to keep meetings and policies to a minimum, and expect team members to manage their own time and communications.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any notable public discussion (on a mailing list, GitHub issue, etc.) where you changed your own mind or someone else’s mind would be great to see, too.
Mercury | Full Time | REMOTE OR SF/NYC/Toronto/Portland | Backend Engineer, Engineer Manager - Web Experience, Frontend Engineer, Full-Stack Engineer
Mercury (www.mercury.com) is building a banking stack for startups. Backed by a16z, CRV, and Coatue. Recently raised $120M Series B at $1.62B valuation.
Tech stack: - Haskell - Typescript - React - Postgres - Swift/Kotlin - Nix
We are hiring across technical and non-technical roles and are open to fully remote employees anywhere in the US or Canada. Please feel free to email me at veronica at mercury dot com with any questions, or apply directly at www.mercury.com/jobs.
PlantingSpace | REMOTE | Full-time | https://planting.space
What we are currently hiring for:
* Senior Software Engineers: to build symbolic components of our core system
* NLP Engineers: For transformer models, to work on query parsing
We are a research and development startup, with an ambitious goal to build a system capable of understanding knowledge, to answer questions and get things done.
Our work leverages cutting-edge domains such as Probabilistic Programming and Applied Category Theory. Initially we’re focussed on building a system that can receive queries in natural or domain specific language, provide good answers and an insight into its reasoning. Our core is built in Julia, but we will also consider skills in other production languages, such as Haskell, Clojure, OCaml, Rust and C++.
If you want to learn more about our company, get some insights into what it’s like to work in our team and participate in our retreats, check our out Join Us page: https://planting.space/joinus
To see a full list of openings, and to apply, follow this link: https://jobs.lever.co/planting.space