ActiveState | Remote (North America) | Full Time | https://www.activestate.com/
ActiveState is solving dependency hell, inconsistent environments, and secure supply chains for open source software. We're looking for developers enthusiastic about developer tooling and productivity to build a platform developers love. If you've ever thought "It should be easier to get a Python environment up and going" or "Why am I spending so much time chasing npm dependencies" or even "Where are all the places we have log4j running", you know the problems we're solving!
We're a polyglot team, so you'll regularly find Go, Python, Elm, Haskell, and Perl.
To learn more about who we are, please see our careers page: https://www.activestate.com/company/careers/
We're always hiring great developers. Right now, I'd like to fill two positions:
* Developer Tooling/SRE/DevOps. This position is responsible for the reliability, availability, and productivity of our underlying platform. If automating Kubernetes in the cloud, shaving minutes off of deployments, and ensuring that ephemeral and hermetic build environments are safe, secure, and quick sound like interesting problems, let's talk!
* Elm/Front-End Development. If you like functional programming, solving user interface problems for users, microservices, and GraphQL, let's talk! (If you love Elm or Haskell, let's definitely talk!)
Symmetry Investments | Many Varied Roles | REMOTE GLOBALLY or VISA (London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey) | D/C/C++, Julia, Typescript, Haskell/Ocaml/ML | Full-Time, Fixed Term, Flexible
## Roles we are hiring for
- Business Analysts: business analysis, documentation, team and tool design
- Native Code Developers: We are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D. Our experience has been that strong C and C++ developers can learn D quite quickly.
- Functional programmers to work with practitioners in delivering value to the business using Symmetry Integration Language.
- Documentation: At Symmetry we recognise the value of writing and have for example a Pulitzer prize-winning former WSJ journalist and a maintainer of Linux Kernel Newbies documentation. We are looking for people to write technical documentation and to document data structures and processes (open to varying range of technical ability depending on the project).
- Front end design: designers - ideally with some ability to program - to work on usability and aesthetics for our applications and other information-presenting systems, on both web and desktop
- Designers for documentation: Now that non-programming internal work is moving to markdown in git, we are hiring designers to work on templates and mini-logos for documentation and other work.
- Data Science: time series analysis in particular, including high frequency data sets that are too big for simple tools
- Information Security: incident response, threat intelligence, vuln management
- Platform: Platform as Code, Site Reliability Engineers, Windows desktop support; frontline server support and administration; application support
- Legal and Compliance: #lawyerswhocode or who are very comfortable working with markdown in git
- Accounting: are you the sort of person who would use #ledger-cli ? If so, we would like to hear from you.
- Business: risk, operations, administrative, organisational design and business strategy, investor relations processes, talent acquisition, human resources (HR)
- Investment: Economics, Quant, Portfolio Research, Investment Research, Portfolio Management and Trading
- Market Data: contract administration, data cleaning, alternative data research and management
Location: Remote or sponsorship for a visa in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey
Term: full-time permanent, fixed-term contract, flexible hours.
- Dlang (D)
- we do not use but value experience in modern C++, beautiful C, Haskell, Ocaml, Rust, Elm
## Qualities and traits we value
- Courage and daring
- Phronesis (practical wisdom), common sense and commercial orientation
- Practical people who are at the same time unreasonable when they ought to be
- Highly individual people oriented to promoting survival and flourishing of the group
- Inclination and ability to notice and understand links between seemingly-unrelated things
- Extreme motivation
- Mechanical sympathy
- Extreme and unusual intellectual capabilities
- A love of tinkering
- Good taste and love of beauty
## About Us
Symmetry Investments is a post startup USD 9+ billion alternative asset management company with around 250 people across multiple time zones and locations.
Our core technology team has been remote-first for some time, and the whole company is following suit, accelerated by the pandemic.
I'm co-CEO and co-COO, responsible amongst other things for technology across the firm and I’m posting this myself. That should give you an idea both about how seriously we take technology and the culture of the firm.
We are five years into a period of transformation from what was initially a fairly standard enterprise finance technology approach to something new that recognises the importance of both the humane and the technical for discretionary portfolio management and for the business of running an alternative investment manager. [Amaury Sechet](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR4PSExnqk) and [Atila Neves](https://dlang.org/blog/2019/10/15/my-vision-of-ds-future/) have been working with us as long-term consultants and we have many other talented people with lower public profiles.
It's not easy to integrate practitioners who may spend most of their day programming, but are oriented towards solving business problems, with developers who are specialists in programming. To achieve this, we wrote a little functional DSL that's now in production. Type inference of returns and parameters using inequality constraints is in a feature branch and there is plenty more to do on the language itself as well as the ecosystem around it. SIL can compile and call C++, D, and C# at runtime and interoperate with Python and R. What might be a project in itself elsewhere can be just a set of functions in Symmetry Integration Language.
The language is written in D and we have a close involvement with the D Foundation and community, hosting DConf in London. So we are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D as well as people to work with practitioners writing Symmetry Integration Language. Also looking for people to write documentation and work on the build.
It's quite a creative place where we encourage a degree of courage amidst practical constraints, and we are open to doing things a different way if it's commercially sound and in the interests of our investors.
We look for virtues and capabilities over only experience and credentials although those things aren't a disadvantage. Do not let a lack of credentials or qualifications prevent you from applying. We've recently hired experts with C++, Common Lisp, D, Haxe, Haskell, Julia and Perl backgrounds, and are happy to bring them up to speed with the tools we use.
Compensation is currently not quite at Netflix standards but is generous to very generous over time by broad technology industry standards. We recognise and reward technical accomplishment and have a very flat structure - don't be surprised if our founder and Chief Investment Officer starts asking you questions about your work.
## Symmetry Talks
- Presenting SIL-cling to Compiler Research Group at Princeton (https://youtu.be/7teqrCNzrD8)
- Symmetry Internship Project - calling C++ from SIL (http://dconf.org/2020/online/index.html#alexandru)
- All Spreadsheets Must Die (https://youtu.be/FZi9CSB9_kk)
- Lessons from a DSL where all you have is Ranges (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtuzSlKRmzA)
- Alternative Investment Management (https://youtu.be/1rMq-4rWgis)
- Symmetry GitHub (https://github.com/symmetryinvestments)
- Please apply using this link (https://jobs.lever.co/symmetryinvestments/c8a9b95e-bdf0-459c...).
nilenso | Senior Engineer | India, Canada | REMOTE | https://nilenso.com
We are a 9 year old boutique technology consulting firm. We care about the impact that we make in the world. As an employee-owned cooperative, we all are stakeholders in how nilenso is run and can prioritise employee happiness: we don’t need to justify how happy employees impact the bottom line. We’re currently a fully remote team of friendly people across India with one member in Canada, and are hiring folks based in either of these geographies.
We’re looking for senior engineers to work with us. View our full job description at https://nilenso.com/jobs/senior-developer/, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
Primer | Engineering Manager, Senior/Staff Engineers, Product Design Lead | REMOTE | https://www.sayprimer.com
I'm an experienced Y-Combinator founder and engineering leader. My teams have built everything from machine learning systems that crunch 200+ billion data points / day at Wheelhouse to groundbreaking 3D/CV technology at Modsy that resulted in a patent.
We're building the "CircleCI of Growth Marketing" at Primer. Growth marketing has boomed in recent years and every B2B company needs a tailored, data-driven approach to their market in order to win business. Primer is enabling our customers to accomplish this much faster without having to engineer an expensive system.
Here are a few reasons to work with us:
* We bootstrapped the company to $700k in revenue with a team of 4 and recently raised a round to support our consistent 20.1% MoM growth in 2021.
* We have a track record of helping our team members catapult their careers to the next level.
* Our team is fully distributed, supports flexible schedules, genuinely values work/life balance, and we spend 95% of our time outside of meetings.
* 50% of our product/engineering team is women.
* Our engineering ceremonies and technology are world-class, put engineers in the drivers' seat, and emphasize transparency.
* Our culture is high-achieving, trusting, genuinely kind, and collaborative.
Our stack is React/Node, but we welcome polyglots. In general, we're looking for thought partners to help us architect a solution for the future so experience with other languages (e.g. Elixir, Go, Clojure, Kotlin, Haskell, Rust) is a plus. 7+ years experience minimum.
Interested? Feel free to contact me directly at cto [at] sayprimer.com
More info here: https://careers.sayprimer.com/
NoRedInk | Full-Stack Engineers, Senior Full-Stack Engineers, Principal Full-Stack Engineers, Frontend Accessibility Engineers, Growth Engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers, and Engineering Managers | REMOTE from time zones between (and including) Pacific Time (PST) through Central European Time (CET)
We’re a growing ed-tech company on a mission to help all students become better writers! NoRedInk is used by 1 in 2 school districts in the US, and students have answered over 5 billion questions on our platform. If you're looking to join a team of friendly people who listen to and learn from each other, discuss past mistakes openly as we adapt to the challenges that come with progress, all while realizing our mission, then you'll be excited to learn more about us.
Our colleagues span six time zones, California to Berlin and points in between, with lively discourse flowing freely across Slack, Zoom, and the office when we're able to be there. Wherever we're working from, we've always delighted in our work to ship new features—beginning with our curriculum and product teams, designers, through to testing by our dedicated quality assurance folks—that put teachers and students first. 
Our engineering team  takes prides in producing innovative, maintainable software. We use the cutting-edge Elm programming language for all our front-end development. Our back-end is primarily Ruby on Rails by lines of code, though we're actively moving toward Haskell; the majority of our traffic now goes through a Haskell service. We use Amazon AWS for our infrastructure orchestrated primarily using Kubernetes. We write a lot of tests, and use Jenkins for continuous integration. We've also developed and maintain several useful open-source projects.  You can read about our experiences with these technologies on our team blog. 
We’re looking for engineers who want to work on a mission that makes a difference and who are the type of collaborators that value kindness and open-mindedness. If that's you, you can learn more about our interview process  and on-boarding experience , and you should definitely apply through our jobs page! 
Mercury | Full Time | REMOTE OR SF/NYC/Toronto/Portland | Backend Engineer, Compiler Engineer (GHC), Frontend Engineer, Full-stack Engineer, Full-stack Engineer - Security, Infrastructure Engineer, Senior Design Engineer - Web Experience
Mercury (www.mercury.com) is building a bank for startups. Backed by a16z, CRV, and Coatue. Recently raised $120M Series B at $1.62B valuation.
Tech stack: - Haskell - Typescript - React - Postgres - Swift/Kotlin - Nix
We are hiring across technical and non-technical roles and are open to fully remote employees anywhere in the US or Canada. Please feel free to email me at veronica at mercury dot com with any questions, or apply directly at www.mercury.com/jobs.
Heliax | Various Senior Software Engineer | remote or onsite (Zug Switzerland or Berlin) | https://anoma.net The primary project of Heliax is the Anoma protocol (implemented in Rust). Anoma is a sovereign, proof-of-stake blockchain protocol that enables private, asset-agnostic cash and private bartering among any number of parties. In addition to Anoma, Heliax works on open-source projects which are part of the Anoma ecosystem, including but not limited to research in cryptographic libraries such as the MASP or Ferveo (written in Rust), and tools for high assurance validity predicates and arbitrary zero-knowledge circuits (Juvix, written in Haskell).
Heliax is a remote-first team, currently composed of cross-disciplinary members located around the world. All of our work is open-source. Our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
Roles: * Senior Full Stack Engineer - https://heliax.dev/jobs/senior-full-stack-engineer
* Senior Rust Engineer - https://heliax.dev/jobs/senior-rust-engineer
* Rust P2P Networking Engineer - https://heliax.dev/jobs/rust-p2p-networking-engineer
* Functional Compiler Engineer - https://heliax.dev/jobs/functional-compiler-engineer
* Distributed Systems Research Engineer - https://heliax.dev/jobs/distributed-systems-research-enginee...
* Zero-Knowledge Cryptographer & Protocol Developer - https://heliax.dev/jobs/zero-knowledge-cryptographer-protoco...
Many more: https://heliax.dev/jobs
Hackworth | Software developer | UK REMOTE | Full-time (fixed term) | https://www.hackworthltd.uk/
Hackworth Ltd is a private limited company based in the UK. Our first product is a novel web-based visual programming language designed to teach functional programming to beginners. Our tech stack is Haskell (backend) and TypeScript + React (frontend).
We're looking for a frontend web developer to join our team and help us ship this product. You should have at least some experience developing & testing bespoke, highly interactive UIs. Experience with D3.js, Visx, or similar visualization libraries is a bonus, but not required.
This is a full-time role on a fixed-term contract (until April 1 2023). Depending on how our product launch goes, there may be an option to switch to a permanent role sometime down the road. Due to the product schedule and the amount of time required for someone new to ramp up, we need someone who can start more or less immediately.
We are fully remote within the UK. You must be eligible to work in the UK, as unfortunately, we can't sponsor visas at this time.
The full job posting is here, along with useful information about what it's like to work at Hackworth:
We hope to hear from you! If you're interested, please email email@example.com and it'll come directly to me.