Apollo Agriculture | https://www.apolloagriculture.com/team | Full-time | Engineering, Data Warehousing | Amsterdam, Nairobi, or Remote (Similar Timezone)
Apollo Agriculture is bringing modern farming to the worlds poorest farmers. Millions of farmers globally don't have access to the basic farm tools the rest of the world depends on for food production (good seed and fertiliser.) We sell these proven agricultural tools on credit, use ML to figure out who we can lend to profitably, and are growing rapidly (two countries and growing.) We are looking for multiple engineering roles:
- Android Engineering: Our product is rapidly evolving from being phone, SMS, USSD to Android. We ship multiple android apps, including our app for field agents which serves 5000 field agent partners working directly with our customers. (We like modern tools, Kotlin, Jetpack-Compose etc. We do support very old versions of Android, our customers aren’t on Samsung Galaxy 22’s)
To apply, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org – I’m the CTO and happy to chat.
Ramp | Full-Time | Front-End Engineer (All Levels) | Remote Anywhere (NYC offices) | $250k+ TC
Ramp is looking for talented front-end folks who live and breathe UX Our front-end stack is React, TypeScript, and a shiny component library.
Email your resume to email@example.com.
See the job posting at https://boards.greenhouse.io/ramp/jobs/5646274002?t=660e10d8...
We're also hiring for other roles, see all openings at https://grnh.se/660e10d82us. Particularly interested in Android (Kotlin), iOS (SwiftUI), and Backend (Python) engineers as well.
Ramp is building the world's first finance automation platform designed to save businesses time and money. Ramp offers 5-in-1 software that consolidates corporate cards, expense management, bill payments, accounting, and reporting into one simple and free solution. We're a young hypergrowth startup building top tier product in the B2B fintech space (3y old, $8.1B valuation, Series C, ~500 employees, ~100 engineers)
Cool breakdown of our business: https://www.notboring.co/p/ramping-up
More recent article on the economy: https://ramp.com/blog/ramp-july-2022-update
IDT | Remote, with overlap with European timezone | Full-time
We at IDT develop communications and money applications in small, independent international teams. Our flagship BOSS Revolution Calling, Money mobile apps and website help millions of customers to communicate with and send money to friends and loved ones around the world. For more info on our apps and services please visit: https://www.bossrevolution.com/
We are currently looking for the following new team members:
1) Data Engineer (Spark, Python, Data Lake and DWH (Redshift), Terraform): https://idtmessaging.com/data-engineer/
2) Flutter developer: https://idtmessaging.com/senior-mobile-developer-flutter-or-...
3) Cloud developers (Go, NoSQL, AWS): https://idtmessaging.com/backend-developer-go-kotlin/
What we have to offer:
1) Work on applications which really make a difference in people’s lives
2) An international company with many exciting products to work on
3) Work with the latest technologies and learn new things as we go
4) Talented and friendly colleagues working as a global team
5) Competitive compensation
Symmetry Investments | Many Varied Roles | REMOTE GLOBALLY or VISA (London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey) | D/C/C++, Julia, Typescript, Haskell/Ocaml/ML | Full-Time, Fixed Term, Flexible
## Roles we are hiring for
- Business Analysts: business analysis, documentation, team and tool design
- Native Code Developers: We are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D. Our experience has been that strong C and C++ developers can learn D quite quickly.
- Functional programmers to work with practitioners in delivering value to the business using Symmetry Integration Language.
- Documentation: At Symmetry we recognise the value of writing and have for example a Pulitzer prize-winning former WSJ journalist and a maintainer of Linux Kernel Newbies documentation. We are looking for people to write technical documentation and to document data structures and processes (open to varying range of technical ability depending on the project).
- Front end design: designers - ideally with some ability to program - to work on usability and aesthetics for our applications and other information-presenting systems, on both web and desktop
- Designers for documentation: Now that non-programming internal work is moving to markdown in git, we are hiring designers to work on templates and mini-logos for documentation and other work.
- Data Science: time series analysis in particular, including high frequency data sets that are too big for simple tools
- Information Security: incident response, threat intelligence, vuln management
- Platform: Platform as Code, Site Reliability Engineers, Windows desktop support; frontline server support and administration; application support
- Legal and Compliance: #lawyerswhocode or who are very comfortable working with markdown in git
- Accounting: are you the sort of person who would use #ledger-cli ? If so, we would like to hear from you.
- Business: risk, operations, administrative, organisational design and business strategy, investor relations processes, talent acquisition, human resources (HR)
- Investment: Economics, Quant, Portfolio Research, Investment Research, Portfolio Management and Trading
- Market Data: contract administration, data cleaning, alternative data research and management
Location: Remote or sponsorship for a visa in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey
Term: full-time permanent, fixed-term contract, flexible hours.
- Dlang (D)
- we do not use but value experience in modern C++, beautiful C, Haskell, Ocaml, Rust, Elm
## Qualities and traits we value
- Courage and daring
- Phronesis (practical wisdom), common sense and commercial orientation
- Practical people who are at the same time unreasonable when they ought to be
- Highly individual people oriented to promoting survival and flourishing of the group
- Inclination and ability to notice and understand links between seemingly-unrelated things
- Extreme motivation
- Mechanical sympathy
- Extreme and unusual intellectual capabilities
- A love of tinkering
- Good taste and love of beauty
## About Us
Symmetry Investments is a post startup multi-billion alternative asset management company with 250+ people across multiple time zones and locations.
Our core technology team has been remote-first for some time, and the whole company is following suit, accelerated by the pandemic.
We are five years into a period of transformation from what was initially a fairly standard enterprise finance technology approach to something new that recognises the importance of both the humane and the technical for discretionary portfolio management and for the business of running an alternative investment manager. [Amaury Sechet](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR4PSExnqk) and [Atila Neves](https://dlang.org/blog/2019/10/15/my-vision-of-ds-future/) have been working with us as long-term consultants and we have many other talented people with lower public profiles.
It's not easy to integrate practitioners who may spend most of their day programming, but are oriented towards solving business problems, with developers who are specialists in programming. To achieve this, we wrote a little functional DSL that's now in production. Type inference of returns and parameters using inequality constraints is in a feature branch and there is plenty more to do on the language itself as well as the ecosystem around it. SIL can compile and call C++, D, and C# at runtime and interoperate with Python and R. What might be a project in itself elsewhere can be just a set of functions in Symmetry Integration Language.
The language is written in D and we have a close involvement with the D Foundation and community, hosting DConf in London. So we are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D as well as people to work with practitioners writing Symmetry Integration Language. Also looking for people to write documentation and work on the build.
It's quite a creative place where we encourage a degree of courage amidst practical constraints, and we are open to doing things a different way if it's commercially sound and in the interests of our investors.
We look for virtues and capabilities over only experience and credentials although those things aren't a disadvantage. Do not let a lack of credentials or qualifications prevent you from applying. We've recently hired experts with C++, Common Lisp, D, Haxe, Haskell, Julia and Perl backgrounds, and are happy to bring them up to speed with the tools we use.
Compensation is currently not quite at Netflix standards but is generous to very generous over time by broad technology industry standards. We recognise and reward technical accomplishment and have a very flat structure - don't be surprised if our founder and Chief Investment Officer starts asking you questions about your work.
## Symmetry Talks
- Presenting SIL-cling to Compiler Research Group at Princeton (https://youtu.be/7teqrCNzrD8)
- Symmetry Internship Project - calling C++ from SIL (http://dconf.org/2020/online/index.html#alexandru)
- All Spreadsheets Must Die (https://youtu.be/FZi9CSB9_kk)
- Lessons from a DSL where all you have is Ranges (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtuzSlKRmzA)
- Alternative Investment Management (https://youtu.be/1rMq-4rWgis)
- Symmetry GitHub (https://github.com/symmetryinvestments)
- Please apply using this general link (https://jobs.lever.co/symmetryinvestments/c8a9b95e-bdf0-459c...) or to specific roles listed here (https://jobs.lever.co/symmetryinvestments?lever-source%5B%5D...).
SimplePay | Kotlin / Java Developers | UTC+0 to UTC+8 | REMOTE
SimplePay is a profitable, developer-owned online payroll software company, with solid growth. Our software lets 30,000 (and counting!) small business owners (and their accountants) run their South African, Ireland, Singapore and Hong Kong payrolls without headaches, so they can focus on the challenge of building their businesses. We're also developing new product lines - for example, we're doing a new time tracking and staff scheduling system.
Our goal is to create our own internal low-code tools to enable us to deliver more products, faster. We've decided to add Kotlin to our stack for server-side development. Experienced Java developers who want to get into Kotlin are also welcome to apply. As much as I enjoy Ruby on Rails (and it's definitely helped us succeed), refactoring is becoming more painful the larger our code base becomes (using Sorbet helps, but can only take us so far). We intend to use Kotlin for the new products we're launching as well as to rewrite selected components of our existing system where it makes sense.
We are not taking a framework-heavy approach, so we are using Ktor along with appropriate libraries. We use PostgreSQL as our DB server. On the front-end, we mainly render plain HTML, but use Vue.js on the pages that need more interactivity - this role is more focused on the back-end, but front-end skills are welcome too. As you can see from our no-nonsense stack, we prefer to keep things simple with robust, proven technologies, so we can focus on solving client issues.
Our development team was already mostly remote pre-pandemic. We have a very supportive culture, and are continuously putting a lot of thought into ensuring remote work is happy work.
Location: UTC+0 to UTC+8
Please apply at https://teamsimplepay.applytojob.com/apply/JfYhdQxWxh/Senior...
Zonar Systems | REMOTE USA & Seattle | Full Time | https://www.zonarsystems.com
We build systems to help people and freight travel safely. Our software and hardware is deployed on school busses, trucks, and commercial vehicles in the USA, Canada, and beyond.
Some open opportunities: Director Software Development, Manager Software Development, Lead Software Engineer, and multiple Software Engineer roles with focus areas such as back-end Python, front-end web, and native Android with Kotlin
Most of our roles are USA remote with the option to work in our Seattle office.
https://zonar.link/jobs -- all open opportunities
Superhuman | React.js, Node.js, Electron, Swift, Kotlin, Golang, GCP | Fully remote, Full-time | US, Canada, Mexico
We’re building the fastest experience in the world for work email, team communication, and productivity platform of the future. (superhuman.com)
We’ve built the fastest email experience in the world, and soon-to-be team communication and collaboration so professionals end each day feeling happier, more productive, and closer to achieving their potential. There are estimated to be a billion professionals that spend 2-3 hours a day in email and they deserve superpowers. Teams have adopted us at Spotify, Netflix, Airbnb, Notion, Dropbox etc.
Senior/ Staff Android Engineers
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Apply at: https://superhuman.com/jobs
Airtable | San Francisco/Mountain View CA; New York, NY; Austin TX; Seattle WA | Onsite | Software Engineer (many roles), SRE, DevOps/IT Engineer, Salesforce Engineer, Engineering Manager, Product Design Manager
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation by enabling anyone to build tools that meet their unique needs. Unlike single-purpose apps, we think of Airtable as a toolkit of building blocks that people repurpose to create their own applications. The best-known part of our product is a real-time, collaborative database, but we have layered automations and user-defined interfaces on top of that foundation, enabling our users to create full-fledged applications on top of our platform.
We're a team with diverse backgrounds. We believe in the power of highly motivated and capable individuals to accomplish great things in small teams, with end-to-end ownership of projects and rapid iteration.
Read about open positions and apply here: https://airtable.com/careers
[COVID-19: Our offices are open, with safety protocols in place. We are encouraging teams to choose one in-office day per week for face-to-face collaboration. We also provide dedicated desks for employees who prefer to work in the office more frequently. However, we also permit employees to continue working out-of-office full-time for any reason. Employee safety is our top priority.]
Clearcover | Software Engineers, QE, Data, Product | Insurtech | Full-time | Chicago, Remote (US)
We’re a Chicago based Insurtech startup building powerful technology to solve interesting technical problems, allowing us to offer drivers better coverage for less money.
We build and maintain suites of services across our stack, including Java/Kotlin, TypeScript, .NET, Ruby, Kafka and Kubernetes – and we’re hiring for many roles.
Lead Software Engineer: https://grnh.se/284e5e9d2us
Senior Quality Engineer: https://grnh.se/de30533e2us
Senior Data Engineer: https://grnh.se/20020ab72us
Senior Data Scientist: https://grnh.se/6e8d928c2us
Product Manager: https://grnh.se/251a5d2e2us
Dozens of other roles, non-technical included: https://grnh.se/0eadce002us
Vivint | Home Automation - IoT, making cool stuff | Boston, MA | onsite
At our Boston Innovation Center, we're delivering an integrated platform, award-winning products and the industry's first artificial intelligence for the smart home. Check out our openings and join the #SmartHomeRevolution
We are looking for wicked smart designers and engineers across multiple functions, but here are just a few:
- Android principal and staff engineers
- Mobile UX designer
Check out all of our openings here: https://www.vivint.com/company/careers/team/technology
Technologies we touch: kotlin, swift, golang, python
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
PUNCHBOWL | REMOTE | US + Canada (Boston HQ) | Full-Time | punchbowl.com
Our technology helps people celebrate life — something that feels important now more than ever. We build easy-to-use, subscription-based digital services for celebrations, holidays, and meaningful life memories at punchbowl.com and (our recent acquisition) memento.com. Acquisition news on TechCrunch: https://t.co/p2XQWAS89h?amp=1
Our Company is fully remote with team members in multiple states/provinces. We maintain an office in Greater Boston (Framingham, MA), which we plan to reopen, but in-person work will remain completely optional. We believe happy employees = happy customers, so we support our team with 100% healthcare coverage, virtual team coffee chats, wellness events, and the freedom to step away when life calls.
Punchbowl is looking for a QA Engineer with 1-3+ years of experience in software quality assurance. As a hands-on QA engineer for Punchbowl.com, Memento.com, and our mobile apps, you will build a deep knowledge of our platform and products, draft and execute test plans, advance our automation efforts, and ensure all new code is tested with minimal risk of causing site downtime.
SR. RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPER
We’re looking for a Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer who is passionate and opinionated about creating great products for the web, creates structured and maintainable code, and believes that details matter. In this role, you will have a direct influence on design and architecture.
You’ll find a blend of many technologies in our stack. While our primary language is Ruby, we strive to use the best tools for the job to create elegant solutions and optimize developer happiness. We use Rails 6, React, Sass, Serverless, MySQL, Git, and AWS.
Punchbowl is looking for an Android Developer with advanced knowledge of Kotlin & Java. The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of Android development experience and believes that user interface details really matter. You care about creating structured and maintainable code, and you consider development your craft.
* QA Engineer: https://punchbowl.us/qa
* Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer: https://punchbowl.us/senior-ruby
* Android Developer: https://punchbowl.us/android
* What We Believe: https://punchbowl.us/what-we-believe
* Contact Linsey at email@example.com or apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mercury | Full Time | REMOTE OR SF/NYC/Toronto/Portland | Backend Engineer, Engineer Manager - Web Experience, Frontend Engineer, Full-Stack Engineer
Mercury (www.mercury.com) is building a banking stack for startups. Backed by a16z, CRV, and Coatue. Recently raised $120M Series B at $1.62B valuation.
Tech stack: - Haskell - Typescript - React - Postgres - Swift/Kotlin - Nix
We are hiring across technical and non-technical roles and are open to fully remote employees anywhere in the US or Canada. Please feel free to email me at veronica at mercury dot com with any questions, or apply directly at www.mercury.com/jobs.
onXmaps, Inc | Montana or REMOTE, USA only | https://www.onxmaps.com/careers ABOUT – Are you an Engineer who loves the outdoors? Join onX! onX is a suite of digital navigation apps (Hunt, Offroad, and Backcountry) that empower millions of outdoor enthusiasts. If you’re passionate about writing great software, love playing outside, believe in protecting access to public lands, and want to dominate the off-pavement mobile GPS market – then join our team, where we empower millions of outdoor enthusiasts to explore the unknown!
We have multiple openings! View them here: https://www.onxmaps.com/join-our-team Here are some of the technologies we work with:
3D (OpenGL, Metal, C++)
Data Automation (Python, PostgreSQL, GIS)
iOS (Swift, SwiftUI)
Backend (Go, Elixir, GraphQL, GCP, Kubernetes, Rust)
Web (Vue JS)
Quality (Cypress, XCUITest, Espresso)
CareRev (YC S16) | Software Engineers | Fully Remote within the US | Full-Time CareRev’s mission is to seamlessly connect healthcare facilities and professionals. Through our marketplace platform, we offer efficiency, flexibility, and opportunities for growth. Our stack is currently Ruby/Rails, React and Elm, Swift, Kotlin, and Postgres deployed on Heroku. CareRev was recently named a Ycombinator "Top Company".
Find our careers page with all our postings here - https://grnh.se/072b12f63us
Backend Engineer - Senior, 5+ years experience
Engineering Manager - 2+ years managing, 3+ years as part of the building software process
Feel free to email me if you have questions: jody[at]carerev[dot]com