Kraken Digital Asset Exchange | Software Engineers | Full Time | Remote | https://jobs.lever.co/kraken | www.kraken.com
Kraken was founded in 2011, being a pioneer exchange in the crypto market. Kraken is in rapid expansion of its development teams. At Kraken we have a remote global team, allowing our employees to have more freedom in choosing how to organize their routine and balance work and personal life. Kraken offers remote positions with Silicon Valley-level compensation for developers.
We’re looking for crypto passionate professionals with the following skillsets: Backend (Rust/Go), Frontend (React/Flux/Redux/Sass/Less/PHP), DevOps (PHP/Python/C++/Go, Infiniband), Mobile Dev (React Native), and many more.
September 2019 Highlight | Software Engineer - Crypto/Payments | Remote | NodeJS | TypeScript | Rust and crypto industry experience
Please apply directly to our Lever careers page at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. Once you have completed your application to which role/roles you feel you fit best, please email me a confirmation at email@example.com and I will make sure your profile is reviewed by our hiring teams.
Blockstack (YC S14) | New York, NY or Remote | Full-Time, Onsite or Remote | https://blockstack.org
Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, is dedicated to building the core Blockstack protocols and developer platform. Blockstack PBC’s mission is to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation.
To learn more about who we are, our engineering culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/blockstack
Here are our open roles:
- All Open Positions: https://jobs.lever.co/blockstack?lever-source=keyvalues
- Full Stack Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/blockstack/431188cd-63a3-4314-8d30-55a...
- Technical Developer Evangelist - Asia: https://jobs.lever.co/blockstack/aa9192bf-eab7-40cf-b928-574...
- Technical Developer Evangelist - North America: https://jobs.lever.co/blockstack/6b3c18c7-a78f-47b7-b418-211...
- Developer Experience Product Manager: https://jobs.lever.co/blockstack/a7b4754b-acee-4098-9795-9df...
Immux | https://www.immux.com | Systems Software Engineer | Remote | Full time
We are building a fast and easy-to-use immutable database engine and a computing service that provide first-class citizen support for functional programming, versioned and auditable data operations, and automatic maintenance and tuning.
As a systems engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing our database and computing engines.
Stack: Rust + TypeScript.
Seed round from a NASDAQ-listed finance company. Salary + options.
The whole team (of 2) is remote.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (Andy Shu, Founder/CEO).
Please tell us about your previous projects that demonstrate your engineering capabilities. We are especially interested in experiences with building lower stacks of computing systems, such as databases, virtual machines, compilers, operating systems, and file systems.
Centrality.ai | Blockchain Engineers | New Zealand | ONSITE
We're a blockchain venture studio based in Auckland, New Zealand. Looking for engineers to help build out our core blockchain infrastructure on Substrate.
If writing rust for your day job, building decentralized protocols for the web 3.0, wasm virtual machines and byte code interpreters sounds like a) not gibberish and b) awesome then reach out.
Rust experience or interest to learn with some serious experience in systems level programming e.g. C/C++.
Other pros would be knowledge of cryptography, web assembly, or DLT in general.
Oh there's also Kombucha on tap and chief dog officers if you like that kind of thing.
Reach out: peopleops(at)centrality(dot)ai
Celo | San Francisco, Berlin, and Buenos Aires | Hiring Software Engineers, Mobile Engineers and Cryptographers | All Levels | 80K - 200K + equity + coins | FULLTIME, ONSITE, VISA | https://celo.org
Celo is an open-source permissionless platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. Using a novel decentralized PKI, Celo lets you send cryptocurrency to phone numbers in a fully decentralized way. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Anyone can participate in the network and earn Celo currency, even with just a budget Android smartphone (by sending verification text messages). To make sure that the platform is scalable and fast enough for day-to-day use, Celo uses a new Proof of Stake protocol with fast block times and 1 block finality. For Celo's first product, we are working with organizations such as the UN World Food Programme and GiveDirectly on a social payments and cash transfer app.
Investors: Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Polychain, General Catalyst, Coinbase, Reid Hoffman and Jack Dorsey, among others.
Stack: Typescript, Solidity, Go, React Native, Python, Android, iOS, Rust, zk-SNARKs
Team backgrounds: Google, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft, Square, Zcash, QEDIT, MIT, Stanford
More about us here:
Blog - https://medium.com/celohq
Repos - https://github.com/celo-org
Mobile App (alpha release): https://celo.org/app
Kaiko | Senior Software Engineer | Paris, France [ONSITE]
Kaiko is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. Founded in 2014, we are one of the leading market data providers in the blockchain-based digital assets (cryptocurrency) space, providing institutional investors and market participants with enterprise-grade data infrastructure. We collect, normalize, store, and distribute data via a Livestream WebSocket, REST API, and cloud-based flat-file Data Feed.
- Experience working on the engineering side of financial market data (previous work experience at a market data provider, fund, bank, etc). - Experience developing financial product methodologies for indices, reference rates, and exchange rates. - Front-end development skills, with the ability to create complex price display products. We are also looking for Junior developers and have 6 months internship available.
Contact us at email@example.com
Interchain Foundation|Senior Research Engineer (Toronto/Berlin/Lausanne) & Senior Distributed System Engineer (Toronto/Berlin)|Full Time|ONSITE| https://interchain.io/
The Interchain Foundation is promoting and advancing R&D in open, decentralized networks with a particular focus on the Cosmos Network (https://cosmos.network/). The Cosmos Network is a decentralized network of independent, scalable, and interoperable blockchains, creating the groundwork for a new token economy. We believe that open-source, cryptographic, consensus-driven, economic networks hold the key to an anti-fragile global economic system and equal opportunity for all.
We’re building a world-class team with expertise in Rust, distributed systems, formal verification, and open-source ecosystem development.
- Senior Research Engineer (Location: Toronto, Berlin, or Lausanne): Working at the intersection of distributed systems, cryptography, formal verification, and mechanism design.
- Senior Distributed Systems Engineer (Location: Toronto or Berlin): Working on researching, designing, and implementing improvements to the software and protocols.
You can learn more and apply online here: https://interchain.io/careers/
Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
ConsenSys R&D | Senior Software Engineer (Rust) | Full-time | Remote
ConsenSys R&D is focused on developing open source technology for the next generation of Ethereum.
We are looking for senior level engineers and researchers with backgrounds in systems engineering, distributed networks (p2p), parallel computing, WebAssembly, and cryptography. Our team is competitively compensated based on experience.
Some of the things we are working on:
* Building a proof-of-concept client in Rust for Ethereum 2.0 which supports WebAssembly execution for multiple shards.
* Benchmarking the performance of various aspects of WebAssembly runtimes, cryptographic functions, and p2p networking.
* Developing efficient proof tooling for authenticated data structures (merkle proofs).
* Exploring BFT consensus schemes for cross shard transactions.
* Researching and developing global transaction broadcasters.
Transparent Systems | Engineers (Front End, Rust) | Seattle, WA | ONSITE
If you're upset about how money works, we should talk! Transparent Systems is evolving financial infrastructure - building real time settlement solutions for the modern economy using distributed, cryptographic systems.
We’re looking for strong engineers to join us. We’re a fun, nimble, collaborative team and we trust our engineers to make smart decisions. We’re a Rust shop, and looking for backend engineers with experience building distributed systems and front-end engineers excited about building performant interfaces for enterprises (Vue + TS).
I'm the CTO - my personal email is in my profile if you'd like to speak directly.
If you want to have a huge impact on a team that’s truly doing something that hasn’t been done before, please reach out directly to email@example.com or apply online: https://jobs.lever.co/transparentsystems
Signal | San Francisco or Remote (US only) | Full-Time, Remote-OK | https://signal.org Signal is making private communication simple. As an Open Source project supported by grants and donations, Signal can put users first. There are no ads, no affiliate marketers, no creepy tracking. Just open technology for a fast, simple, and secure messaging experience. We design open protocols, develop Open Source software, and give it away for free.
To learn more about who we are, our engineering culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/signal
Here are our open roles:
- Server Developer: https://jobs.lever.co/signal/2a5fee8b-5875-46d4-a41d-773a28a...
- Desktop Developer: https://jobs.lever.co/signal/6cbff26c-290a-4e74-a56f-78e9783...
- Android Developer: https://jobs.lever.co/signal/cc2a16be-b9aa-496e-ba2c-cf8ba36...
- iOS Developer: https://jobs.lever.co/signal/5d866dff-b979-4a90-9a53-f581eee...
-Distributed Systems (Rust) Developer: https://jobs.lever.co/signal/7aa1ff1f-bd43-4359-82c7-8703d8b...
Tech Stack: iOS team: Swift & Objective-C. Android team: Java. Desktop team: Electron, web stack (js, css, etc.). Service team: Java, AWS, devops. Distributed Systems: Rust
Please email us your resume to: Workwithus@signal.org
10x Genomics | Pleasanton, CA / San Francisco, CA | Software Engineer, multiple levels
If you're a software engineer looking to make a beneficial impact on the world without compromising on cutting-edge technology or career benefits, consider applying to 10x Genomics.
10x Genomics is a fast-growing biotech company that develops hardware, software and chemistry that enable researchers to study cancer, the immune system and biology at single-cell and precise spatial resolution. Our instruments are installed at top research institutions all over the world, has powered over 500 publications in the last three years, and has given scientists new insight into biological phenomena.
Software is at the heart of the 10x Genomics platform; it is needed to convert raw information from millions of molecules to something scientists can explore programmatically or visually. We have developed internal and customer-shipping systems in Go, use React/Redux and Electron for easy-to-use visualization applications, and are making increasing use of Rust to accelerate and harden our bioinformatics code.
There are open positions for front-end software engineers (remote-friendly), full stack engineers, cloud architects, computational biologists, and firmware engineers. See https://www.10xgenomics.com/careers/ or email me (jeff at 10xgenomics dot com) directly.
- Competitive salary with options - Work with domain experts across a variety of fields - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, and other benefits - Unlimited vacation policy - A beautiful new HQ within walking distance of West Dublin/Pleasanton BART, as well as a satellite office in downtown SF - Provided lunch (at HQ) 3 days a week, unlimited snacks - The existential satisfaction of knowing your software is being used to study and improve human health We look forward to hearing from you!
Oso | Software Engineer | New York City (NYC) - Onsite | https://www.osohq.com/
Oso (backed by Sequoia) is making backend infrastructure security not terrible for developers and ops. We provide a normalized and consistent interface to core security controls, like authentication and encryption, and we do so in a way that’s invisible to developers and simple for ops. To get from alpha to a production-ready v1, we need a small number of sharp engineers who want to get involved on the ground floor and who have some combination of experience in and appetite for taking on these kinds of problems:
1. Building an elegant experience for a highly technical end-user, e.g., making it easy and intuitive for an ops engineer to get up and running in <5 mins
2. Low-level distributed systems, e.g., building lightweight proxies that manage requests asynchronously and deal with things like caching and network failures
3. Running an on-path production service, e.g., building a scalable and resilient service layer across multiple regions and cloud providers
We are building the product in Rust, which we think is both a good design choice for our use case and a fun choice for the team. The engineers who join now will not only have a disproportionately large impact on the product, but also on the culture and future of the company. Given the importance of these team members and magnitude of their contribution, they will get a meaningful equity position.
Founding team: Graham Neray (early employee and Chief of Staff at MongoDB) and Sam Scott (PhD in Cryptography).
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Onai | | San Jose or New York | FULL TIME, CONTRACTORS, GRADUATE INTERNS, POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWS, ONSITE, VISA
We're tackling exciting technical challenges and building offerings relevant to interesting real-world problems in a variety of fields. We have particular strengths in dispersed computation, functional programming, protocol design, and deep learning.
We're currently most interested in engineers with solid experience in Rust, Haskell/Idris, or cryptography. We're also open to enthusiastic developers or researchers who might lack this precise experience but are eager and able to learn. We welcome internship/fellowship interest from postdoctoral scholars or senior graduate students.
We're additionally interested in chatting with people with a scientific or engineering background who are interested in scientific and technical writing.
We do not presently have openings for anyone still working on their undergraduate degree or for fresh graduates.
Send your resume to email@example.com and we'll let you know if there's a potential fit.
Standard Cognition (YC S17) | SF | Rust | HPC Engineers and ML Engineers
Standard is deploying the most complex computer vision system the industry has ever brought to production. Imagine the challenges of autonomous vehicles, running in the back of a convenience store, and being rolled out to retailers across the world right now. Our goal is to have thousands of deployments in the next few years.
Our system lets shoppers take what they want from a store and get charged automatically, using nothing but computer vision. No lines, no scanning, and no waiting. Checkout what our real-time inference engine looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeS8TJwBAFs And hear more about how we use rust https://youtu.be/JgkKQlXFyHE
We're looking for talented video engineers, camera engineers, and Rust developers that love high performance parallel processing. You are an engineer that's passionate about working on diverse, challenging problems in an independent and fast-paced environment and want to work on cutting edge applications.
We're hiring in SF, but we're also expanding outside SF! If you're a strong rust engineer or ML researcher and are interested in helping to kickstart and grow a team in your city, shoot us a message!
FullStory | Software Engineering, SRE, & Product | Remote and Onsite | Atlanta, GA
FullStory’s mission is to improve user experiences on the web and mobile devices. We’re accomplishing this mission daily by providing a platform that allows developers and product teams to automatically collect ultra high definition analytics from their sites and applications, then make those analytics available through a powerful search engine, pixel-perfect session playback, and machine learning insights.
Capturing and processing data at this level of completeness is no mean task. Challenges range from developing highly performant JS that hooks into the browser at its lowest levels on our Recording & Replay team, to building the backend that scales to ingest and provide analysis of all that data on our Search & Insights team. And the scale that FullStory runs at means that there are lots of interesting problems and opportunities for high-leverage contribution.
We’re also launching our new privacy-first analytics platform on mobile that takes an entirely new approach to application session capture. If things like Rust, app and framework disassembly, or reverse engineering sound like fun, we’d love to talk.
FullStory is a remote-friendly, hyper-growth SaaS company based out of Atlanta. The work environment we've cultivated is aligned around our three watchwords: clarity, empathy, and bionics. We value high-quality/low-ego collaboration and use automation to eliminate toil in daily work. If that sounds good to you, join us!
Please submit via our jobs page: https://www.fullstory.com/jobs/
For more information, complete description of roles, and details on applying, please see https://adgear.com/en/#section_jobs
#erlang #c11 #rust #scala #ruby #typescript #react #opensource
At Offchain Labs, we’re building a platform to unlock the full potential of smart contracts, making them private, affordable, and easy for developers. Our working prototype of Arbitrum runs on top of Ethereum and interoperates with native Ethereum contracts and tokens. We make smart contracts easier to develop at scale, with production level security. Our developer tools do the heavy lifting to add a flexible second layer to decentralized application architecture so our clients can focus on business logic and user experience.
We're looking for Senior Software Engineers that are excited to learn and develop blockchain technology and possess production experience with a compiled language (C/C++, Go, or Rust). Experience with compiler construction and architecture, and security engineering on large-scale systems is a plus.
click here to apply! https://jobs.lever.co/offchainlabs/9b024e89-1cb7-43f3-b6f8-c...
Gramazio Kohler Research, ETH Zürich | Software Engineer | Zurich, Switzerland | Onsite | Full-time or 80%
We are a world-leading research lab in the field of digital fabrication and architecture at the ETH Zürich. Our research focuses on additive digital fabrication techniques used for building non-standardized architectural components.
For an overview of past projects: https://vimeo.com/149328392
We are looking for a highly skilled software engineer to work on the development of the open-source python framework for research in architecture and robotic fabrication (COMPAS framework and the COMPAS FAB package). You will focus on the development and integration of software and hardware systems and work in a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, architects, computer scientists and roboticists. This project is conducted in collaboration with a major player in the field of technology and aims to bridge cutting-edge automation technology and multi-robot planning with computational design in architecture.
Solid experience in multiple programming languages, in particular Python. Ideally also C/C++. Experience working with distributed systems with a focus on robotics (ROS) and knowledge in path planning and robot control is a huge plus.
For questions and further info, contact Dr. Romana Rust: Romana Rust, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply via our applications portal: https://emea2.softfactors.com/job-opening/rgum-Ww3Z5Jwt1ErIr...
[still-unnamed startup in stealth mode] | REMOTE or ONSITE(around HK: Guangzhou,Macau,Shenzhen,Taiwan,etc) | 20-40h per week, freelancers/full-timers/part-timers
Sorry for the vague description but I can tell you more about the product we're building when you apply. Hopefully I can attract you in a sufficient way with our tech stack! (see below). [NOTE: this is not a pie-in-the-sky venture, you would be joining a team who has a 1+year-old working product, with prospects of new greenfield products built around the first.]
- Build engineer: you are a Linux-er who has some past experience building deb or rpm packages, are excited about reproducible builds, and are willing to learn (if you don't already know) new things such as snap or flatpak. gitlabCI and/or githubActions is a plus. (Might do some DevOps work after we come out of stealth mode as well.)
- C#/.NET developer: generics, LINQ, VisualStudio, EntityFramework et al are your bread and butter. You value the diversity that comes from learning other languages and tech-stacks but also the stability that a robust platform like .NET provides, which you based your career on. Desirable to be familiar with Xamarin, but not required. F# is a plus.
- Rust developer: you dealt with C/C++/Objective-C in the past but are ready to move on. However, you're still not convinced about garbage collected languages, so you have been looking at Rust lately, or willing to learn it. You're not a smart-ass though, so you would be excited to expose your Rust code's API to be consumed by higher level languages.
- FP developer: you value immutability and lack of side effects because you have lived the nightmares of race conditions and heisenbugs in your career. You're disgusted with most job positions out there because the tech-stack described in most of them don't look safe enough to be serious (sure they can build snapchats with them, but not robust software that would end up being used by NASA or Waymo). Desirable to be familiar with F#.
- SmartContracts/blockchain developer: you've used/developed smart contracts in languages Ivy, MiniScript, or Solidity(EVM), or are willing to learn this technology. Desirable to have familiarity with atomic swaps, HTLCs or zero knowledge proofs. Excited about things like bitcoin, ethereum, mimblewimble/grin, DAI, etc
Important perk for all positions: all the code/scripts you'll write will be opensource, at least for the first 4months.
Write me at email@example.com
PS: Abstain from applying if you expect a lead/managerial role, because the team is not yet big enough to need extra leadership for now.
PS II: I wouldn't find it acceptable if you join us to work remotely part-time while keeping your full-time job. Part-time only works with your own side-projects, or other additional part-time job (because rest is important).
Commure, Inc. | San Francisco, CA or Cambridge, MA | Rust Engineer | Fulltime | ONSITE
We are a stealth startup working to fix the software doctors use. If you have seen what physicians have to put up with, it's a bad version of the 90s, and makes medical care worse and more expensive for everyone. We are a group of previously successful engineers and entrepreneurs (MIT, Dartmouth, Brown, Stripe, Twitter, Google, Salesforce, Palantir, DataPower, etc) and senior doctors (Johns Hopkins, UCSF, etc) who are determined to finally fix this.
Compensation: market salary & equity -- we are well funded by top-tier VCs.
Stack: includes Rust, React and Kubernetes. In addition to building our back end in Rust, we are also solving some very interesting problems in the areas of security, data transformation, high-speed APIs, flexible UX frameworks and fine-grained authorization for healthcare data.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention "[hn_rust]" in the subject line.
Other positions available: - Techops/Devops Engineer (Kubernetes, SRE) Senior Front End Engineer (React Native, React) (please use [hn_ops] or [hn_react] in subject line for the above)
Locations: San Francisco, Montreal or Boston; sorry, no distributed/remote option at the moment.
Verizon NDR | Denver, CO | Full Time | Onsite (Remote Ok) | https://enterprise.verizon.com//products/security/advanced-t...
Verizon NDR (formerly Protectwise) is the evolution of effective, efficient and accessible network security. Customers need no specialized hardware to rapidly deploy Network Detection and Response in any segment of the modern network — enterprise, cloud, industrial, IoT and 5G — to see all activities and record everything for comprehensive analysis, discovery and action.
Come join us if are looking to work on a very challenging problem, securing some of the largest networks in the world, dealing with a high volume of data, on a very good, agile team, with a great group of peers.
- Packet Processing (Rust) - Develop the next generation of network capture and perform analysis of packets and network protocols. Knowledge of C/C++ and network protocols (IT and OT) is helpful.
- Platform (Scala) -> Work on the system responsible for ingesting, processing, and storing the captured network data. Knowledge of Kafka, Solr, and Cassandra is helpful. Knowledge of C/C++ and network protocols (IT and OT) is helpful.
- Infrastructure (Terraform/AWS) -> Help to enable the infrastructure powering the platform. Knowledge of Chef, Ansible, Cassandra, Solr, Kafka, and the JVM helpful.
If you are interested or want more information, please contact Eric Stevens ( email@example.com ). In your communication, please mention hacker news.