Chroma | Senior Web FE Engineer | Full Time | REMOTE or at our office in Oakland, CA
We're excited to be building the next generation of UI infrastructure tooling for web developers. We're maintainers of the open source Storybook component development environment and creators of Chromatic, visual testing for UI components.
You'll have our full support and the freedom to do the best work of your career.
VSCO | Oakland, CA | Full-Time | https://vimeo.com/277517881
At VSCO, we care deeply about pushing the boundaries on what our users can do with photos on their mobile device. We strive to not only equip people with powerful tools to transform their images, but also the context of education and community to challenge the idea of what is possible on a phone. We believe every person is on a journey to craft their voice and style, and we have a unique opportunity to join them along that journey.
Engineering Manager, Web: https://vsco.co/about/careers/engineering-manager-web-oaklan... Engineering Manager, Server: https://vsco.co/about/careers/engineering-manager-server-oak... Software Engineer, Android: https://vsco.co/about/careers/software-engineer-android-oakl... Software Engineer, iOS: https://vsco.co/about/careers/software-engineer-ios-oakland Sr. Sotware Engineer, Data: https://vsco.co/about/careers/sr-software-engineer-data-oakl...
Feel free to contact directly at email@example.com
LaunchDarkly | Oakland, CA | Onsite | https://launchdarkly.com
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 25 billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry best practice of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka ”dark launching”).
To learn more about who we are, our engineering culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly
Our open positions:
* DevOps Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/launchdarkly/aa5b3b23-5f10-4682-83c0-7...
* Distributed Systems Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/launchdarkly/7c2a0f73-c630-4baa-804f-a...
* Mobile SDK Developer: https://jobs.lever.co/launchdarkly/41e8881f-0d83-4175-bf7c-2...
* SDK Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/launchdarkly/c39b6015-99a4-495a-abcc-b...
* Site Reliability Engineer: https://jobs.lever.co/launchdarkly/6d38cfb7-b149-4e78-80e0-b...
* Software Engineer, Backend: https://jobs.lever.co/launchdarkly/f8842ab1-481a-4f6e-862c-1...
* Software Engineer, Frontend: https://jobs.lever.co/launchdarkly/448af03f-706a-4c10-804a-4...
* Product Manager: https://jobs.lever.co/launchdarkly/b554c0ae-b94b-4fca-a775-7...
Tech Stack: Golang, React, Redux, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, HAProxy, NATS, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Redis, and Cassandra
Oncue | oncue.co | Senior Software Engineer | Oakland, CA (full-time) and Anywhere in the world (contract)
Our mission is to bring trust, transparency, and ease to one of life's most stressful experiences - moving. We're helping drive a better consumer experience and our SaaS product helps these companies run their business. The problems we solve for this industry are the same faced by many service businesses, so the opportunity is big.
Just this past year, more than 11K moves were booked and managed through our platform. We have paying customers and are rapidly adding new!
Our stack is Rails, React (Redux), React Native, and Postgres.
What you'll get at Oncue:
- The opportunity to join a small but highly nimble engineering team.
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity in a company that is rapidly signing up paying customers.
- Work with experienced Sales and Product leaders at an early stage startup that has a proven business model.
- A diverse and inclusive team. 60% of our leadership team is female. We also strongly believe in promoting internally to leadership roles.
Some core values and benefits:
- As an engineer, you will be working on projects that not only impact small businesses but also end consumers like yourself. You will be building not just to help businesses grow but also materially impact consumer experience.
- We provide a high degree of autonomy and ownership over projects. This is not just lip service. We are there to help each other, but trust in your drive and initiative to take projects to successful completion.
- All of us work from home on Fridays!
We are looking for a full-time senior engineer in Oakland, and 1-2 remote part/full-time contract engineers in other parts of the world.
If this sounds interesting, reach out to me at vineet[at]oncue dot co
Distru (https://www.distru.com) | Senior Full-Stack Engineer, UX Designer | Oakland, CA | REMOTE | Full-Time
Distru builds supply chain software for the cannabis industry. Our product helps cannabis companies manage production, sales, invoicing, and shipments, automating compliance with complicated state regulations that require real-time inventory tracking gram-by-gram.
We have early product-market fit: our customers love our product and we are growing quickly. After bootstrapping ourselves to profitability, we just closed our seed round from some top tier funds and angels (announcing soon).
We are a lean 7 person engineering-focused team that includes early engineers from Opendoor and Heroku. Our stack is built from the ground up on Elixir/Phoenix, Postgres, React/Redux, and GraphQL. We are hiring experienced full-stack engineers and a UX Designer to help take our product to the next level. We love product-minded engineers that can own a feature across the frontend and backend, even if they're stronger at one side of that.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume/LinkedIn/GitHub and mention Hacker News :)
California Digital Library (University of California Office of the President) -- ONSITE Oakland, CA
As a senior level applications programmer in the Publishing & Special Collections group at the California Digital Library, this position is responsible for the technical architecture, operations, and continued evolution of a publication management system in support of the University of California’s Open Access (OA) policies. The current system, comprised of a research information management system (Symplectic Elements) and an institutional repository (eScholarship), supports faculty participation in the UC Academic Senate OA policy. This year, the system will be expanded to implement the UC Presidential OA Policy, which covers all UC employees across the institution’s ten campuses. The incumbent will primarily serve as the technical lead for this project as it grows to its new scale, but specific responsibilities are likely to evolve over time.