99designs | Oakland, CA | Fulltime
We're hiring a full stack engineer (Rails backend, React front-end). Must know Go or have a desire to learn on the job.
Promise (YC W18) (https://joinpromise.com/jobs) | Oakland, CA | Software Engineer | Full-time | ONSITE
We're fixing the criminal justice system in the USA.
Looking to for two Full-stack Software Engineers. One Senior and on junior to mid-level. Even if you don't meet have 100% of the experience, you are encouraged to apply. Interns and/or fresh out of University/bootcamp encouraged to apply (self-taught folks welcome as well).
We have users and customers of our early products but there is much left to do refining, expanding, and developing entirely new products.
We work closely with the product team, sales, and customer success to understand our customers and deliver quickly. Our co-founders are two dynamic and experienced women with deep insight into the criminal justice space. In total, we're a diverse team of eleven with backgrounds from top tech companies, elite institutions, self-taught people, vc-backed startups, labor unions, and non-profits.
Also seeking one or two Forward Deployed Engineers.
Babylist | Oakland, CA | Full Time | ONSITE
Babylist in an e-commerce platform that focuses on helping new parents and parents-to-be discover and purchase the gear they will need as they welcome a new addition to their family. In 2019 approximately $300M worth of baby products will be purchased through Babylist.
We are also one of the most robust/knowledgeable resources for new parents to make informed product decisions. Every month over a million new parents/parents-to-be read our product guides/watch our videos in order to make informed purchasing decisions.
Our users are incredibly passionate about our products, and we have a lot of interesting engineering challenges to work on:
- Using machine learning to build product recommendation/discovery experiences that are highly personalized. - Scaling our direct to consumer e-commerce sales to > $20M in sales this year. - Building a rich realtime database of all baby related products, where they are available for sale, and for how much. - Building new apps and experiences that make an impact on the lives of our users as they navigate a time of uncertainty and new adventure. Babylist is profitable and growing quickly. We're hiring for a number of roles across the engineering and design teams including:
* Senior iOS Engineer
* Fullstack Engineers
* UX Designer
* Product/Brand Designer
For more information on these positions (as well as other openings) please see our jobs page - https://www.babylist.com/jobs
If you have any questions or would like to apply you can contact me directly august[at]babylist.com
VSCO | Oakland, CA | Full-Time | https://vimeo.com/277517881
At VSCO, we care deeply about pushing the boundaries on what our users can do with photos on their mobile device. We strive to not only equip people with powerful tools to transform their images, but also the context of education and community to challenge the idea of what is possible on a phone. We believe every person is on a journey to craft their voice and style, and we have a unique opportunity to join them along that journey.
We are hiring for a number of engineering roles!
Android Engineer: https://vsco.co/about/careers/software-engineer-android-oakl...
iOS Engineer: https://vsco.co/about/careers/ios-engineer-oakland
Server Engineer: https://vsco.co/about/careers/software-engineer-server-oakla...
DevOps Manager: https://vsco.co/about/careers/engineering-manager-devops-oak...
Contact email@example.com if interested!
Oncue | oncue.co | Mid-level/Senior Software Engineer | On-site, full-time | Oakland, CA
Our mission is to bring trust, transparency, and ease to one of life's most stressful experiences - moving. We're helping drive a better consumer experience and our SaaS product helps these companies run their business. The problems we solve for this industry are the same faced by many service businesses, so the opportunity is big.
Just this past year, more than 11,000 moves were booked and managed through our platform. We have paying customers and are rapidly adding new!
Our stack is Rails, React, React Native, and Postgres.
What you'll get at Oncue:
- The opportunity to join a small but highly nimble engineering team.
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity in a company that is rapidly signing up paying customers.
- Work with experienced Sales and Product leaders at an early stage startup that has a proven business model.
- A diverse and inclusive team. 60% of our leadership team is female. We also strongly believe in promoting internally to leadership roles.
Some core values and benefits:
- As an engineer, you will be working on projects that not only impact small businesses but also end consumers like yourself. You will be building not just to help businesses grow but also materially impact consumer experience.
- We provide a high degree of autonomy and ownership over projects. This is not just lip service. We are there to help each other, but trust in your drive and initiative to take projects to successful completion.
- All of us work from home on Fridays!
If this sounds interesting, reach out to me at vineet[at]oncue dot co
LaunchDarkly | ONSITE | Oakland, CA | Product Designer + Product Manager + DevOps Engineer + Data Engineers + Data Engineer Team Lead | Full-time | Cannot sponsor new visas at the moment LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster.
You'll join a small team from companies like Atlassian, Google, and GitHub, and you'll have an immediate impact with our product and customers. Our platform serves over 100 billion feature flags daily. The core technologies we use include Golang, React, Redux, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, HAProxy, and NATS.
If you're interested please apply here for these and any of our other engineering positions: https://launchdarkly.com/careers/
Gravitational (YC S15) | Multiple Positions | Toronto, Oakland | ONSITE | https://gravitational.com Gravitational builds open-core software to automate the delivery and operations of cloud-native software across multiple locations (multi-cloud and on-prem). We are looking for ambitious and talented people across engineering and go-to-market (sales/marketing). Here are some of the things we have built in the past: Mailgun, Vulcand, OnMetal . And some of the things you will help us with currently: Teleport, Gravity, Teleconsole.
Open positions include:
* Fullstack engineer (React expertise a +) * Head of marketing (demand gen, content marketing, dev evangelism and general growth) * Sales Development Reps (qualifying inbound and participating in outbound campaigns for handoff to sales reps) * Senior Golang/Linux systems engineer, Teleport Locations: Toronto, Oakland, Remote Open positions on our about page and github careers: https://gravitational.com/about#jobs
 https://www.mailgun.com  https://github.com/vulcand/vulcand  https://www.rackspace.com/cloud/servers/onmetal  https://github.com/gravitational/teleport  https://github.com/gravitational/gravity  https://www.teleconsole.com/
StructionSite | Oakland, CA | REMOTE | Product Developer
StructionSite is the digital version of the physical construction site. We turn any human with a hard hat and a camera into a Google street view car. People on the project can inspect progress and communicate in real-time, without having to be onsite.
Hoping to add 1-2 experienced developers to our small team. We all work remotely, and overlap most of our day on the US-West time zone.
* Senior front-end developer React JS, Elm, Ruby on Rails
* Senior backend developer PostgreSQL, Python, Golang, Node.js, Serverless functions, AWS and/or Google Cloud
Email me with CV and any questions you have: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading!