NoRedInk | Full-Stack Engineers, Senior Full-Stack Engineers, Principal Full-Stack Engineers, Frontend Accessibility Engineers, Growth Engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers, and Engineering Managers | REMOTE from time zones between (and including) Pacific Time (PST) through Central European Time (CET)
We’re a growing ed-tech company on a mission to help all students become better writers! NoRedInk is used by 1 in 2 school districts in the US, and students have answered over 5 billion questions on our platform. If you're looking to join a team of friendly people who listen to and learn from each other, discuss past mistakes openly as we adapt to the challenges that come with progress, all while realizing our mission, then you'll be excited to learn more about us.
Our colleagues span six time zones, California to Berlin and points in between, with lively discourse flowing freely across Slack, Zoom, and the office when we're able to be there. Wherever we're working from, we've always delighted in our work to ship new features—beginning with our curriculum and product teams, designers, through to testing by our dedicated quality assurance folks—that put teachers and students first. 
Our engineering team  takes prides in producing innovative, maintainable software. We use the cutting-edge Elm programming language for all our front-end development. Our back-end is primarily Ruby on Rails by lines of code, though we're actively moving toward Haskell; the majority of our traffic now goes through a Haskell service. We use Amazon AWS for our infrastructure orchestrated primarily using Kubernetes. We write a lot of tests, and use Jenkins for continuous integration. We've also developed and maintain several useful open-source projects.  You can read about our experiences with these technologies on our team blog. 
We’re looking for engineers who want to work on a mission that makes a difference and who are the type of collaborators that value kindness and open-mindedness. If that's you, you can learn more about our interview process  and on-boarding experience , and you should definitely apply through our jobs page! 
Symmetry Investments | Many Varied Roles | REMOTE GLOBALLY or VISA (London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey) | D/C/C++, Julia, Typescript, Haskell/Ocaml/ML | Full-Time, Fixed Term, Flexible
## Roles we are hiring for
- Business Analysts: business analysis, documentation, team and tool design
- Native Code Developers: We are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D. Our experience has been that strong C and C++ developers can learn D quite quickly.
- Functional programmers to work with practitioners in delivering value to the business using Symmetry Integration Language.
- Documentation: At Symmetry we recognise the value of writing and have for example a Pulitzer prize-winning former WSJ journalist and a maintainer of Linux Kernel Newbies documentation. We are looking for people to write technical documentation and to document data structures and processes (open to varying range of technical ability depending on the project).
- Front end design: designers - ideally with some ability to program - to work on usability and aesthetics for our applications and other information-presenting systems, on both web and desktop
- Designers for documentation: Now that non-programming internal work is moving to markdown in git, we are hiring designers to work on templates and mini-logos for documentation and other work.
- Data Science: time series analysis in particular, including high frequency data sets that are too big for simple tools
- Information Security: incident response, threat intelligence, vuln management
- Platform: Platform as Code, Site Reliability Engineers, Windows desktop support; frontline server support and administration; application support
- Legal and Compliance: #lawyerswhocode or who are very comfortable working with markdown in git
- Accounting: are you the sort of person who would use #ledger-cli ? If so, we would like to hear from you.
- Business: risk, operations, administrative, organisational design and business strategy, investor relations processes, talent acquisition, human resources (HR)
- Investment: Economics, Quant, Portfolio Research, Investment Research, Portfolio Management and Trading
- Market Data: contract administration, data cleaning, alternative data research and management
Location: Remote or sponsorship for a visa in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jersey
Term: full-time permanent, fixed-term contract, flexible hours.
- Dlang (D)
- we do not use but value experience in modern C++, beautiful C, Haskell, Ocaml, Rust, Elm
## Qualities and traits we value
- Courage and daring
- Phronesis (practical wisdom), common sense and commercial orientation
- Practical people who are at the same time unreasonable when they ought to be
- Highly individual people oriented to promoting survival and flourishing of the group
- Inclination and ability to notice and understand links between seemingly-unrelated things
- Extreme motivation
- Mechanical sympathy
- Extreme and unusual intellectual capabilities
- A love of tinkering
- Good taste and love of beauty
## About Us
Symmetry Investments is a post startup USD 9+ billion alternative asset management company with around 250 people across multiple time zones and locations.
Our core technology team has been remote-first for some time, and the whole company is following suit, accelerated by the pandemic.
I'm co-CEO and co-COO, responsible amongst other things for technology across the firm and I’m posting this myself. That should give you an idea both about how seriously we take technology and the culture of the firm.
We are five years into a period of transformation from what was initially a fairly standard enterprise finance technology approach to something new that recognises the importance of both the humane and the technical for discretionary portfolio management and for the business of running an alternative investment manager. [Amaury Sechet](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR4PSExnqk) and [Atila Neves](https://dlang.org/blog/2019/10/15/my-vision-of-ds-future/) have been working with us as long-term consultants and we have many other talented people with lower public profiles.
It's not easy to integrate practitioners who may spend most of their day programming, but are oriented towards solving business problems, with developers who are specialists in programming. To achieve this, we wrote a little functional DSL that's now in production. Type inference of returns and parameters using inequality constraints is in a feature branch and there is plenty more to do on the language itself as well as the ecosystem around it. SIL can compile and call C++, D, and C# at runtime and interoperate with Python and R. What might be a project in itself elsewhere can be just a set of functions in Symmetry Integration Language.
The language is written in D and we have a close involvement with the D Foundation and community, hosting DConf in London. So we are looking for outstanding native code developers who would like to write D as well as people to work with practitioners writing Symmetry Integration Language. Also looking for people to write documentation and work on the build.
It's quite a creative place where we encourage a degree of courage amidst practical constraints, and we are open to doing things a different way if it's commercially sound and in the interests of our investors.
We look for virtues and capabilities over only experience and credentials although those things aren't a disadvantage. Do not let a lack of credentials or qualifications prevent you from applying. We've recently hired experts with C++, Common Lisp, D, Haxe, Haskell, Julia and Perl backgrounds, and are happy to bring them up to speed with the tools we use.
Compensation is currently not quite at Netflix standards but is generous to very generous over time by broad technology industry standards. We recognise and reward technical accomplishment and have a very flat structure - don't be surprised if our founder and Chief Investment Officer starts asking you questions about your work.
## Symmetry Talks
- Presenting SIL-cling to Compiler Research Group at Princeton (https://youtu.be/7teqrCNzrD8)
- Symmetry Internship Project - calling C++ from SIL (http://dconf.org/2020/online/index.html#alexandru)
- All Spreadsheets Must Die (https://youtu.be/FZi9CSB9_kk)
- Lessons from a DSL where all you have is Ranges (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtuzSlKRmzA)
- Alternative Investment Management (https://youtu.be/1rMq-4rWgis)
- Symmetry GitHub (https://github.com/symmetryinvestments)
- Please apply using this link (https://jobs.lever.co/symmetryinvestments/c8a9b95e-bdf0-459c...).
Deepgram | Frontend & Backend Engineers | Remote| Full-Time
Deepgram's end to end deep neural network is revolutionizing the speech-to-text (STT) market and taking on the big guys. We’re redefining what companies can do with voice technology by offering a platform with AI architectural advantage, not legacy tech retrofitted with AI. We’ve raised over $56 million and have been recognized as an Inc. Best Workplace (2021), a Forbes Top 50 AI Company to Watch (2021), and a CB Insights Top 100 AI Startup (2021), among others.
Our tech advantage is end-to-end deep learning, but our strength lies in our diversity of people, ideas, and experiences that allow our company to create amazing STT products for people who are true innovators in the field. Our customers are on the leading edge of voice technology and creating human-like voicebots, real-time sales and support enablement, voice insights from customer conversations, and added empathy to virtual assistants.
Please check out https://deepgram.com/company/careers/ to apply for our open roles or email email@example.com to learn more!
Tech stack: Rust, Elm, React, Python
Caribou | Remote | USA | Full-time | Various Openings
Caribou - A technology company powered by humans to save you money on your vehicle. We put drivers in control of their auto finances.
All of our job openings list the salary range. We are only hiring people who can legally work in the USA and whose working hours are within 3 hours of USA Eastern Time. For engineering roles we have multiple teams, and the tech stack may differ from team to team, but this covers most of what we use:
TypeScript, Ruby, Haskell, Elm, Google Cloud, Event Sourcing, Kafka, MessageDB, Postgres, Docker, ELK stack, Python, Node, GraphQL, Terraform, Kubernetes
CareRev (YC S16) | Software Engineers | Fully Remote within the US | Full-Time We are hiring engineers of all disciplines, project managers, and product managers of all levels. CareRev's mission is to seamlessly connect healthcare facilities and professionals. Through our marketplace platform, we offer efficiency, flexibility, and opportunities for growth. We are growing rapidly! Our stack is currently Ruby/Rails, React and Elm, and Postgres deployed on Heroku.
Find our careers page with all our postings here - https://grnh.se/072b12f63us
Backend API Engineer (Ruby on Rails) - All Levels (1+ years exp)
Frontend Engineer (React) - Sr, Staff
Frontend Engineer (ELM) - Sr, Staff
Android (Kotlin) - Mid, Sr, Staff (2+ years exp)
Salesforce Admin - Sr (4+ years exp)
Integrations Engineer - Mid (2+ years exp)
Data Analyst - Mid, Sr (2+ years exp)
Machine Learning Engineer - Sr, Staff (5+ years experience)
Technical Project Managers - Mid, Sr, Staff, Sr Staff (2+ years managing custom software development projects)
Product Managers - Staff, Sr Staff
Feel free to email me if you have questions: james[at]carerev[dot]com